joejkljkl

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Judges 7:4 And the Lord said to Gideon, “The people are still too many. Take them down to the water, and I will test them for you there, and anyone of whom I say to you, ‘This one shall go with you,’ shall go with you, and anyone of whom I say to you, ‘This one shall not go with you,’ shall not go.” 5 So he brought the people down to the water. And the Lord said to Gideon, “Every one who laps the water with his tongue, as a dog laps, you shall set by himself. Likewise, every one who kneels down to drink.” 6 And the number of those who lapped, putting their hands to their mouths, was 300 men, but all the rest of the people knelt down to drink water. 7 And the Lord said to Gideon, “With the 300 men who lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hand, and let all the others go every man to his home.” 8 So the people took provisions in their hands, and their trumpets. And he sent all the rest of Israel every man to his tent, but retained the 300 men. And the camp of Midian was below him in the valley.

I read this Bible passage a few years ago and didn't know what was with the men lapping the water, so I prayed for the answer to why they did this. Some time after that I was staying at my cousin's house. He's a higher-ranked Army officer. I was watching TV in one room and he was coming into the room I was in. I noticed that he peered around the door of the other room before coming into the room I was in. This remained in my mind for some time.

I had come home from some trip and I saw that my faithful dog came to see me. Then I saw that my dog peered around the corner (of my house) just like my cousin did!

This was all in answer to my prayer about the lapping soldiers! So at least American and (ancient or modern) Israeli fighters have learned their battle tactics from dogs. The 300 Jewish men in Judges 7 (above)  must have learned from their dogs at least a tad to drink water like them. 

Since getting my prayer answered I have observed my dog and other dogs. I saw my dog do a special silent run at a squirrel that reminded me a lot of military men running in movies, especially Act of Valor which is authentic. I saw a pretty young dog exhibit a battle tactic at me while
I was riding an ATV. He seemed to know that he had met his match so he barked at the ATV, ran away a little ways, barked again, then he repeated this for a few times.

What do you think of all of this? Have any of you learned of any more war info from your dogs?
Edited by joejkljkl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think maybe you should ask your cousin about real battle tactics and stop watching so many movies. . .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I think maybe you should ask your cousin about real battle tactics and stop watching so many movies. . .

Do you find any merit to my post?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

not much, no. Not trying to be mean, but I found it a bit hard to follow? about how a dog looking around a corner is a answer to prayer, or combat related? especially the whole atv thing. Dogs bark at things they don't recognize. Its just what they do. maybe see a correlation between the peering around the corner thing for enemies, but thats about it. 

Do you find any merit to my post?

:thumbsup:

Yes~! I Learned That Dogs (God Bless Them) Don't Have Hands

And the number of them that lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, were three hundred men: but all the rest of the people bowed down upon their knees to drink water. Judges 7:6

And It Is God And Not The Number Nor The Battle Tactics Of Men That Win The War

And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon. And they stood every man in his place round about the camp: and all the host ran, and cried, and fled. Judges 7:20-21

Beloved, Thank You For Bringing Up Dear Gideon

And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Beth-shittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abel-meholah, unto Tabbath. Judges 7:22

~

Merry Christmas Beloved

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The passage isn't exactly about the men actually lapping water like a dog per se, but of caution. Egyptian dog's that came to the nile's edge to drink, did so with great caution because of crocodiles in the water. They didn't bend down to take a long drink but rather short drinks just enough to satisfy thirst. They drank cautiously being fearful of the croc's.

A portion of the men, drank cautiously, perhaps even fearfully. Only bending down just enough to scoop up water and bring it to the mouth while being wary of their surroundings. It is very possible the men were chosen because they were the least likely to succeed if they were fearful. This wasn't a war tactic, but a trust issue for Gideon and his men. That was the reason for the small army. Would they trust God to fight the battle for them. It was done so that the people could not say they won, by their own strength and power but by God's power.

__________________________________________________________________________________

If you and I meet, and you forget me. You have lost nothing.  But if you meet Jesus, and you forget him.  You have lost everything.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi Joe

I will just add to what others have said...the 300 men were using caution...they were not imitating dogs.  I have (literally) a pack of dogs...4 are low content wolf dogs...now they

are more cautious then the 'regular' dogs because wolves are shy by nature (not the voracious killers they are sometimes portrayed to be...they are also intensely loyal and

loving with their pack members...including the human ones)

I don't believe that dogs had very high esteem in Israel either...dogs back then were not what we see today...but anyway, I think that the soldiers selected were using caution...

which you would want to do in a war.

Hi Joe

I will just add to what others have said...the 300 men were using caution...they were not imitating dogs.  I have (literally) a pack of dogs...4 are low content wolf dogs...now they

are more cautious then the 'regular' dogs because wolves are shy by nature (not the voracious killers they are sometimes portrayed to be...they are also intensely loyal and

loving with their pack members...including the human ones)

I don't believe that dogs had very high esteem in Israel either...dogs back then were not what we see today...but anyway, I think that the soldiers selected were using caution...

which you would want to do in a war.

:thumbsup:

Fitness For War Is More About Attitude, Self-Control

And Preparedness Than Taking A Drink

And the number of them that lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, were three hundred men: but all the rest of the people bowed down upon their knees to drink water. Judges 7:6

And (As Usual) This War Is More About The LORD (Jesus)

Than About 301 Men Making War

And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon. And they stood every man in his place round about the camp: and all the host ran, and cried, and fled. Judges 7:20-21

I Think

And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Beth-shittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abel-meholah, unto Tabbath. Judges 7:22

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

To me, it is all about being ready for the unexpected.  Those who put their mouth to the water to drink are either laying down or kneeling with their mouth to the water, not being able to keep an eye on the surroundings.  Those who knelt and brought the water to their mouth with their hand can still look around and keep an eye.  They are the ones who are wise in battle.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi FresnoJoe

I guess you thought I was posting to you, but I was actually posting in response to the op...also joe

...kind of funny...two joes...smile_20.png