S.T. Ranger

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I see your other question - `Where do you .... think Christ`s elect will live upon the earth in that `camp of the saints?`

Christ`s elect will live in Jerusalem as the scriptures tell us, & they will teach the nations of His ways. (Isa. 2: 1 - 4) However you are muddling up who are Christ`s elect. You seem to think that we, the Body of Christ are the centre of God`s purpose & that everything is written about us & what we will do etc. This is clearly not so. Christ is the centre of everything & He has purposes for the 3 groups - the Body of Christ, Israel & the Nations. Israel is also called God`s elect.

I am not "muddling up" who Christ's elect are, I'm declaring God's Word as written to you. There are many things in God's Word that we don't fully understand yet, but those things are written and we are supposed to have Faith and believe what our Heavenly Father says. He also expects us to think for ourselves too, even to reason with Him.

God's Israel is... Christ's Church, even the very foundation of it with Christ as its Chief Cornerstone. You should have well learned that from Apostle Paul's Epistles since he declared it in Ephesians 2, even with Israel as a "commonwealth" that believing Gentiles have been graffed into.

There's only one original source of origin for the idea of separation of Israel apart from Christ's Church, and that is from Judaism. The orthodox unbelieving Jews today still hold those old traditions of separating theirselves from the Gentiles. Apostle Paul rebuked Apostle Peter for doing it in Galatians, when Peter's brethren from Jerusalem came for a visit, and Peter separated himself from the Gentile believers he was living among. God even showed Peter in Acts 10 to not call unclean what God had cleansed, using the blanket of unclean animals as a symbol for the Gentiles.

News bulliten:  those of the seed of Israel MUST confess Christ Jesus as their Saviour if they want to be part of God's future Kingdom. Paul showed that in also in Romans 11, that if they remain in unbelief, they will be 'cut off' from God's Salvation. There is only one Way of Salvation, and that is through the Blood of Jesus Christ sacrificed upon the cross. Just being born of the seed is not enough.

Now then, that I've got that out of the way, remember God's Heavenly cube in Revelation? Its measurements equal something like a 1500 mi. cube, with its foundation upon the earth where Jerusalem is. Not only that, but there will be no more "sea" per Revelation, so there's going to be plenty of land for everyone to spread out upon the earth in that future time. The nations will still exist, because God created them, and they will have kings also of the nations (ethnos). Christ's priests will be made up of His elect of both believing Israel and believing Gentiles, which is His Body, His Church.

This is from E.W. Bullinger's, a British Christian scholar of the 1800's...(Appendix no. 88 of the Companion Bible KJV study Bible he put together):

1. "Difficulties are sometimes raised with regard to taking the measurements of the "Oblation" as being in reeds not cubits, on the score of disproportion to the "Land". It is argued that a square block of 60 miles by 60 = 3,600 square miles, taken out of the whole territory as divided among the Tribes, is out of all proportion to the area of the "Holy Land". But it is nowhere stated that Palestine as we know it now is the whole extent of the "Land".
  2. The majority of the maps intended to show the division of the millennial land, are presented usually with the geographical boundaries of the Holy Land as they are now known to us, practically the same as in the days of our Lord, with the huge square block of the "Oblation" occupying about one-fifth of the map of Palestine.

3. This is an entire misconception. The promise in Genesis 15:18 yet awaits fulfillment. And if, with the statement therein that the northern and southern boundaries of the Promised Land are the two great rivers, the Euphrates and the Nile, then, the comparison of this with Ezek. 47:20 gives us the western boundary, viz. the "Great Sea" (Mediterranean). This leaves the eastern boundary to be accounted for; and the possibility is that "the East Sea" of verse 18 is the Persian Gulf, at the head of which is the northern boundary (the Euphrates) will end. As "the tongue of the Egyptian sea" will be utterly destroyed "in that day" (Isa. 11:15), this amplitude, or enlargement of the area of territory promised to Abraham on the south gives strength for the suggestion of a corresponding extension to the east.

If this is so, then the whole of the Promised Land will be a magnificent territory, bounded on the north by the Euphrates, on the eat by the Indian Ocean (the east sea), on the south by the Nile, and on the west by the Mediterranean. This will include not only the Arabian peninsula, but the great Arabian and Syrian deserts, and the plains of Babylonia. A glorious patrimony truly, and worthy of occupation by the "strong nation" of Mic. 4:7, the People through whom all the nations of the earth are yet to be blessed! See Gen. 12:3; and especially 28:14. It may be that the Twelve Tribes may be allotted special strips or "lots" of the land on either side of the Oblation as usually shown; but that an enormously increased territory N., E., and S., will become "in that Day" the realization of the Promised Land is certain."

That's just regarding the expanse involving the holy city and lands of Israel for that future time. It will further no doubt expand outwards on earth in the new heavens and a new earth timing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Salty,

A lot of interesting material there. To me that shows the land for Israel but as for the New Jerusalem I believe all the details & measurement are symbolic. Also we disagree concerning Israel & the Body of Christ. I see them both grafted into Christ & not the Body of Christ into Israel as you said.

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

I believe all the details & measurement are symbolic....

:thumbsup:

I Believe In The Carpenter

Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. Mark 6:3

So, Beloved Of Course I Trust In His Measurements

Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.

And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

And these are the measures of the altar after the cubits: The cubit is a cubit and an hand breadth; even the bottom shall be a cubit, and the breadth a cubit, and the border thereof by the edge thereof round about shall be a span: and this shall be the higher place of the altar.

And from the bottom upon the ground even to the lower settle shall be two cubits, and the breadth one cubit; and from the lesser settle even to the greater settle shall be four cubits, and the breadth one cubit.

So the altar shall be four cubits; and from the altar and upward shall be four horns.

And the altar shall be twelve cubits long, twelve broad, square in the four squares thereof.

And the settle shall be fourteen cubits long and fourteen broad in the four squares thereof; and the border about it shall be half a cubit; and the bottom thereof shall be a cubit about; and his stairs shall look toward the east. Ezekiel 43:10-17

That's just regarding the expanse involving the holy city and lands of Israel for that future time....

It will further no doubt expand outwards on earth....

in the new heavens and....

a new earth timing....

The Future, Those Thousand Years With Christ

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:4-6

And Then Puff

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:7-11

And Now The New Jerusalem

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3

With The New Heaven And The New Earth

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

And Beloved, Can There Be Any Questions Still Left To Answer?

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Salty,

A lot of interesting material there. To me that shows the land for Israel but as for the New Jerusalem I believe all the details & measurement are symbolic. Also we disagree concerning Israel & the Body of Christ. I see them both grafted into Christ & not the Body of Christ into Israel as you said.

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

What do you think the measurements are symbolic of, and why do you think they are described so precisely if they are symbols?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

That's just regarding the expanse involving the holy city and lands of Israel for that future time....

It will further no doubt expand outwards on earth....

in the new heavens and....

a new earth timing....

The Future, Those Thousand Years With Christ

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:4-6

And Then Puff

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:7-11

And Now The New Jerusalem

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3

With The New Heaven And The New Earth

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

And Beloved, Can There Be Any Questions Still Left To Answer?

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Love, Your Brother Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, exactly as I see it too.

I see the coming millennial kingdom as Holy Jerusalem & I identify New Jerusalem as coming with the New heaven & New earth "package" in store for us.

God bless.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Salty,

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

You can believe that layout in Ezekiel isn't literal all you want, but it only shows that you're disregarding that Scripture as written, for specific locales in the Middle East are named in conjunction with it. It's on the earth, not on another planet away from the earth, nor floating in the sky.

If you truly understood the difference between God's Plan for the ten lost tribes of Israel compared with the unbelievers of the house of Judah, then you would easily come to the fact that God's Israel is Christ's Church. What Christ's Church is, is the fulfillment of what God gave His OT prophets to write about for His concept of Israel. Obviously today, some have a totally different idea of what Israel is and what that name means, defining it how they want outside of God's Word.

If unbelievers of the seed of Israel remain in unbelief, and are cut off like Apostle Paul said in Romans 11, then does that mean they still are God's Israel? Nope, they reject Him through His Son, so being 'cut off' means literally, cut off from His Salvation. Only those who believe on The Father through His Son will be His Israel, and that regardless of birth.

Hi Salty,

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

What do you think the measurements are symbolic of, and why do you think they are described so precisely if they are symbols?

Hi Argosy,

Thank you for being interested in how I see the New Jerusalem. First let me say that I see the description of the temple & surrounds in Ezekiel as literal & on the earth in the time of the Millennium. We see that there is a sea there (no sea in the NJ - Rev. 21: 1) & the Prince has his sons. (Ez. 47: 8,  46: 16)

Now for the New Jerusalem. We know that it is God who is the `architect & builder` (Heb. 11: 10). It is God who builds people together into a community of the faith. We tend to look for the `bricks & mortar,` but God is more interested in making `sons.` And the greatest of these is His precious Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. We know that scripture has Christ as its focus & that the book of Revelation is the unveiling of Christ as He is known in the heavenly, thus when we read of the New Jerusalem it is mainly Christ we are looking at & the sons that are in that realm.

I would like to do the book of revelation one day on the forum from the perspective on the unveiling of Christ, but for now I`ll just give you a few symbols that I see from Rev. 21 & 22.

The City - the community of faith people, covenanted by God. (measure by a golden reed , ` faith is more precious than gold)

The city is a cube - this is the shape of the Holy of Holies where God dwelt & spoke to His people.

12,000 furlongs - 12 tribes of Israel. (12 x 1,000, (10 cubed - perfect number) `furlongs` measurement Gk. `stao,` fig. a covenant.

Christ is the covenant God made with His people Israel & it is through Him that God can dwell & speak with His people in the New Jerusalem.

12 foundations of the walls - Christ`s government, His Kingship & Priesthood.

12 Precious Stones - Christ`s divine Law. (The precious stones were on the High priest`s breastplate & each has a meaning in relation to Christ)

12 Names of 12 Apostles of the Lamb - delegated Kingship.

144 cubits - 144,000 bonded priests of God. `cubit` Heb. `ammah,` a bond,  & `emah,` a multiple of 10, eg. 1,000.

Jasper - the birthstone of the tribe of Naphtali - meaning Conqueror. It is blood-red, representing the sacrifice of the Lord.

It is only through Christ`s blood that the government of this city is made possible.

There is much more & obviously each detail needs scriptures & more explanations, but that will give you a quick idea of the wonderful depth there is to know more of our precious Lord & the work He has, is & will do.

Marilyn.

Hi Salty,

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

You can believe that layout in Ezekiel isn't literal all you want, but it only shows that you're disregarding that Scripture as written, for specific locales in the Middle East are named in conjunction with it. It's on the earth, not on another planet away from the earth, nor floating in the sky.

If you truly understood the difference between God's Plan for the ten lost tribes of Israel compared with the unbelievers of the house of Judah, then you would easily come to the fact that God's Israel is Christ's Church. What Christ's Church is, is the fulfillment of what God gave His OT prophets to write about for His concept of Israel. Obviously today, some have a totally different idea of what Israel is and what that name means, defining it how they want outside of God's Word.

If unbelievers of the seed of Israel remain in unbelief, and are cut off like Apostle Paul said in Romans 11, then does that mean they still are God's Israel? Nope, they reject Him through His Son, so being 'cut off' means literally, cut off from His Salvation. Only those who believe on The Father through His Son will be His Israel, and that regardless of birth.

Hi Salty,

I do believe that Ez. temple & layout is literal. It has the waters flowing to the sea, (Ez. 47: 8) & all the land promised to Israel. When we look at the New Jerusalem we see that in that time of the New Heavens & New Earth, there will be NO sea. (Rev. 21: 1)

And we obviously think differently regarding the Body of Christ & Israel.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Marilyn C.

Hi Salty,

Blessings bro. Marilyn.

Actually, there’s TOO much detail and measurement for it to be symbolic! The New Jerusalem, or Yerushalayim haChadashah in Hebrew, is quite a literal city. And, since it is so huge, its dimensions are dependent upon the curvature of the earth. It will simply be the capital city of the New Earth. The city LANDS!

Even the Great Pyramid of Giza was constructed with the curvature of the earth in mind. That’s why the walls of its right-angled base meet in the middle of each wall with a crease that extends up that wall all the way to the pinnacle, making the “four-sided” pyramid actually an EIGHT-sided, four-pointed-star-shaped structure, even though the four main angles are each extremely close to 90 degrees!

"Grafted into Christ” is an interesting choice of words. Do you realize how many “christs” there have been in history?! Furthermore, the most significant “christs,” God’s "anointed ones," were the kings of David’s dynasty, starting with David himself! The Hebrew equivalent is “mashiach,” which has been transliterated as “Messiah.” Even Sha’uwl, Saul, the king before David, was an “anointed one,” a “mashiach."

1 Samuel 24:4-6

4 And the men of David said unto him, Behold the day of which the LORD said unto thee, Behold, I will deliver thine enemy into thine hand, that thou mayest do to him as it shall seem good unto thee. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Saul's robe privily.
5 And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.
6 And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed (Hebrew: mashiach) of the LORD.
KJV

1 Samuel 16:11-13
11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.
13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
KJV

Each one of the men in David’s dynasty who became king was first anointed by God.

Yeshua` (Jesus), being the LAST One with legitimate claim within that dynasty to the throne of Isra’el, is therefore the LAST “Mashiach!” Thus, if we should choose to believe as you do that all are “grafted into the Mashiach - the Messiah,” then we are acknowledging that we are grafted into the LAST One of the dynasty of David!

Isra’el IS the first “church!"

Acts 7:37-40

37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church (Greek: ekkleesia) in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina (Sinai), and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,
40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
KJV

Just some things to consider.

Hi Salty,

I do believe that Ez. temple & layout is literal. It has the waters flowing to the sea, (Ez. 47: 8) & all the land promised to Israel. When we look at the New Jerusalem we see that in that time of the New Heavens & New Earth, there will be NO sea. (Rev. 21: 1)

And we obviously think differently regarding the Body of Christ & Israel.

Marilyn.

Furthermore, one must understand that this reference to there being “no more sea” does NOT mean that there will be no more bodies of water! To the contrary it is probably referring to just the MEDITERRANEAN Sea, that sea which separated Yochanan (John) from his friends and relatives.

In any case, we are told that there will be an EXTENSIVE river system! It will start at the throne of God and of the Lamb in the pinnacle of the city, flow down the middle of the streets of the city which will ultimately go to all twelve of the gates of the city, and flow out of the city onto the New Earth!

Just as the original river flowed out of the original paradise:

Genesis 2:10-14

10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
KJV

Each of the twelve gates of the New Jerusalem are 500 miles apart, and instead of FOUR rivers, there will be TWELVE rivers!