Cog

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Do you ever see things not as objects, but as the spirits, or will's, of the ones who made / translated / saw the objects, or in regards to life, see bodies as the images of what the lifeforms see in their spirits? What I'm referring to is basically flipping the way we have been taught to perceive inside out. Instead of thinking of physical objects that have forces round about them, think of forces as a spirits’ will that have bodies (the light / physicality) round about them. Instead of memorizing names, events, and their causes, when reading scripture, or perceiving reality, understand spirits, their purpose, and their will. Instead of asking how, ask why. So my question is this: Does anyone else see this? And if so, can you stay in this mindset for very long? I have to sort of induce it, myself, being spiritually minded, that is, and I want it to last, I want to fully see, but it never lasts. I think maybe one reason I cannot stay spiritually minded is because I lack the understanding of spirits, and so when I see something / someone that has a spirit, or will/desire, that I do not understand, it forces me out of being spiritually minded and back into being physically minded or object oriented. Anyone have any insight into this? I feel like I am Sam from Quantum Leap and I don't know what I am doing wrong - all I know is that I need to do something different to move on. (figuratively speaking of course) So that is where I am stuck at... How do I stay spiritually minded? How can I, altogether, stop being physically minded? Have any of you achieved this?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

To truly discern spirits as for what they really are, you need the chief Spirit, known as the Holy Spirit. 

You can get the Holy Spirit and the giftings of the Spirit when you embrace Christ Jesus and let Him show you the way.

I used to be much involved in all kinds of spiritual activity, had it not been thanks to Jesus, I might still be deceived by all different sorts of spiritual manifestations. Do not let the spirits deceive you, because all you get from them comes with a price, and you do not want to walk with them to where they want you to go. Instead, walk with God, and be revealed the truth in Jesus.

As for your question about how too stay spiritually minded, once you receive Jesus and establish a relationship with Him (notice the difference between religion), you will be given the mind of Christ. That will suffice as for being spiritually minded. It comes not by your own effort, but is given to you freely. Your job is to nurture the relationship with Him from your side. He will take care of the rest.

I meditated hours every day for many years and practiced all kinds of different methods to 'perfect' myself. What I noticed later on, was that all that spiritual practice builds up spiritual pride within us. It's only through the mercy of Jesus having died for our sins, that we receive the true humility to begin to walk with God.

The kind of mindset you are referring to you will receive when you get born again from the Spirit. That you will do by confessing your sins, as we all do, and asking for Jesus to come into your heart. While you probably did not expect to get an answer like this, as I once fought against the idea of letting go and letting God, let alone accept Jesus as my Lord. But once my pride gradually broke down, and the streams of the living mercy entered me, everything changed.

Hopefully this answered what you wanted to know, and more over, what you need to know.

be most blessed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Do you ever see things not as objects, but as the spirits, or will's, of the ones who made / translated / saw the objects, or in regards to life, see bodies as the images of what the lifeforms see in their spirits? 

Instead of thinking of physical objects that have forces round about them, think of forces as a spirits’ will that have bodies (the light / physicality) round about them.

That really doesn't sound right. In fact, it sounds rather dangerous. If I'm understanding you correctly, you may be opening yourself up to deception.  

Instead of thinking of physical objects that have forces round about them, think of forces as a spirits’ will that have bodies (the light / physicality) round about them.

Instead of memorizing names, events, and their causes, when reading scripture, or perceiving reality, understand spirits, their purpose, and their will.

~

Ah, Spirits

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:1-3

Or

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1 Timothy 4:1

The Holy Spirit

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

And Jesus

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

Your Choice

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshuah 24:15

Love, Joe 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The words of Jesus in John 3:12 comes to mind.

If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

First, you need to know Christ and have a relationship with Him before you can understand the leading of the Holy Spirit. Only after salvation is the Holy Spirit given.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Cog - i think I know what you mean. It is very hard to articulate it for me. As humans, we see things in the temporal, but Paul tells us that the warfare is spiritual. 

You must have the word of God as the foundation of your soul. Everything must comply with the Word of God. The spirit of the Bible is his Spirit. He has preserved his word for eternity and therefore the bible is truth. 

If you are using the word of God as your foundation, you are growing. You cannot see everything spiritual all the time. It is a growth process and as we mature and grow in Christ, then we will see with spiritual eyes more and more. You need to make sure the spirit you are talking about is His word. 

Continue to read the word. Study and meditate on it. It is life. It is living and breathing. His words will not come back void. He will open his treasures in heaven to you. But as John said in Revelation, sweet like honey, but in the stomach are sour. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Do you ever see things not as objects, but as the spirits, or will's, of the ones who made / translated / saw the objects, or in regards to life, see bodies as the images of what the lifeforms see in their spirits?

The force is of course spirit....there is no life in the flesh without the spirit.  It is our spirits that are dead and they need to be reconnected to our Creator...and God has made

a way through His Son for that to happen.

The world we do not see is real and interacts with this world.  People dabble in it all the time...but we are warned in the Bible not to do such things.  Evil spirits are real

and they are happy to project any reality one desires, all the time deceving those who think they have tapped into some truth not available to those who do not seek it

Instead of memorizing names, events, and their causes, when reading scripture, or perceiving reality, understand spirits, their purpose, and their will.

That's a trip down the wrong road.  There are many spirits but God is not one of them.  He is unique.  He is not a spirit; he IS Spirit.  He created all.

Does anyone else see this? And if so, can you stay in this mindset for very long? I have to sort of induce it, myself, being spiritually minded, that is, and I want it to last, I want to fully see, but it never lasts.

You are flesh and blood and not made to live in a spiritual reality other then the one that God allows, through accepting His Son as your Savior.  All other spiritual realities are

detrimental to us as created beings and they will destroy your flesh and your life.

Yes I'm serious

How do I stay spiritually minded? How can I, altogether, stop being physically minded? Have any of you achieved this? 

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.  I John 5:12

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  I John 4:1

only One Way to legitimately enjoy a spiritual reality:

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives lifed because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because ofe his Spirit who lives in you.

Romans 8

Diatheosis, are you saying that you are full on spiritually minded?

When you look at this website's logo, what do you see?

FresnoJoe

I do not think it is an either or kind of thing. I think if we are to test spirits, then we must first see them. By no uncertain terms did I ever suggest that I was trying to put what spirits were saying above God's spirits, so I am not sure why everyone is freaking out about me wanting to be spiritually minded.

We are supposed to be spiritually minded - it is pretty much one of the main teachings of Jesus - to see the spirit, not the letter - the spirit, not the shape. Eyes to see and ears to hear.

Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Clearly Father has, is, and will translate the Spirit into the Body, and once completed, God will be all in all. I seek to understand the spirits so that I can understand God from what has been made. We are more than just humans, we are bride and temple builders if we bare the cross - and our spirit, as such, is just one spirit that God has breathed into the light. I want to see the others too, and I can see some of them some times, but not all of them all the time.

Edited by Cog

mevosper

I am not referring to the leading of the Holy Spirit or the leading of the spirit of Jesus, althought I know I need to improve in those areas too. Instead, what I am referring to is the ability to perceive reality spiritually, instead of physically. Instead of seeing the website's logo as a lion, and a hand holding the earth, I want to see the spirit of it - I assume the spirit of it is God's might - I think that is what whomever made it likely saw in their spirit when they made it, and that is what I am referring to. When I look at a door, I want to see it as a way into or out of something, I want to see it as something that is a seal or threshold to a place, I want to see it as a secured entrance - I do not want to see it as a wooden contraption with a handle. Of course the logo and door are easy examples, but if they were something I had never seen before, or were not directly thinking of the spirit of them, I would likely only see a lion and a hand holding the earth, or I would only see a slab of wood with a handle. And I want to see that step that is just beyond the physical shape and upon first glance - I want to see might, or security, etc., which is the spirit of them when they were translated into the light, and I want to see it like that without trying. And so when I see, for example, a whirlwind of leaves, I want to know what that means spiritually. Or any other example you can think of.

Also, I do not seek after prophecies so much - they're too scary. :)

Also, growth in Christ is noted.

Edited by Cog