Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Obama is a community organizer. This is how community organization works. It works by nudging things. Gradually shifting the norm until you get to your goal. This is not a good thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I must say that I am a big advocate for getting rid of all food with food coloring.Food coloring in really bad.It is in everything.I am trying my best to stay away from it as much as I can.

One of my cousin's daughter's made a red velvet cake about two years ago for Christmas.    She was putting red food coloring in the batter, but because the batter only turned pink she thought she didn't put in enough.  So she kept adding and adding and the batter was still pink (she didn't know that the cake would darken to red in the oven).   She ended up dumping a entire bottle of red food coloring and 1/4 of another bottle before giving up.

Instead of red velvet, it was more like a fire engine red and everyone thought it tasted funny.  I shudder to think of all the bad stuff in that cake.

Yes,and red is one of the worse.

I must say that I am a big advocate for getting rid of all food with food coloring.Food coloring in really bad.It is in everything.I am trying my best to stay away from it as much as I can.

One of my cousin's daughter's made a red velvet cake about two years ago for Christmas.    She was putting red food coloring in the batter, but because the batter only turned pink she thought she didn't put in enough.  So she kept adding and adding and the batter was still pink (she didn't know that the cake would darken to red in the oven).   She ended up dumping a entire bottle of red food coloring and 1/4 of another bottle before giving up.

Instead of red velvet, it was more like a fire engine red and everyone thought it tasted funny.  I shudder to think of all the bad stuff in that cake.

lol--- ever heard of adding can of tomato soup to the cake?  

I have.And I have heard of a mayonnaise cake and a coke cake and a 7 up cake.

In keeping with liberal, tyrannical, communistic principles of limiting freedom for all, Obama's FDA has decided that you should not be allowed to have sprinkles on your donuts.   Evidently our tax dollars at work have nothing better to do than to tell us what we can and cannot eat, along with what kind of cars we should drive and what we should feed our children, and what kind of light bulbs we must use, how much soda we can drink,  and the kind of appliances we should buy.

Welcome to the USSR

http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.com/2014/12/obamas-fda-to-ban-doughnut-sprinkles.html?m=1

How ridiculous,the sprinkles will be banned but the donuts are OK?

I love plain donuts.No they are not the healthiest thing in the world be a lot better without the sprinkles.

Guest shiloh357

Whatever happened to Betty Crocker?    LOL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Yes,and red is one of the worse.

There are various different red dyes. Not all of them are bad. You should specify which ones are the bad ones. Cochineal for instance is not one of the bad red food dyes. Nor is beet juice dye.

one year when i was doing low carb, i spent weeks trying to make the perfect 'chocolate' cake out of beans. i tried it with every kind of bean i could think of. they weren't bad, but i never could get it moist enough to suit me without it also being way too dense. i did have people suggest mayo, but i didn't have the courage to try adding that to the mix. now that i make my own mayo, i wonder if people realize that all they are adding is oil and egg. (minus the lemon juice or vinegar.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

i dont think the government should have the right to tell people what food they can eat or not eat. That is a family decision. We shouldnt let the goverment into those kind of choices. they have too much power

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

It's a natural bend for government to govern more and more. It's one of the reasons the founders of the USA broke government into branches and separated powers. The only way to keep it functioning properly is to educate the populace of the human nature bend that will control every aspect of our lives in order to govern. Governing begets government. Once people step over the line thinking the answer is government what is one to do with that?

I think if the United States would be able to reverse its coarse of government growth it would be a first, just as establishing a nation of the people by the people was a first. Most of this is really human nature. Round and round we go. 

I know a man who worked thirty years in city government and is a good human being. But his perspective of society and people and governing had really changed over the years and now that he is retired his adjustment to being on the other side, so to speak, is not going well. He will be okay but I guess what I'm trying to say is the perspective governing people have and grow into is different from societies perspective. They really are out of touch with the common person. It gets to a point where it's almost impossible not to be. It's a perspective only governace can supply. 

It's why many vets have trouble with leadership that has never been in the field an yet these people are making decisions about combat and social issues within military structure. On and on. 

Guest shiloh357
I know a man who worked thirty years in city government and is a good human being. But his perspective of society and people and governing had really changed over the years and now that he is retired his adjustment to being on the other side, so to speak, is not going well. He will be okay but I guess what I'm trying to say is the perspective governing people have and grow into is different from societies perspective. They really are out of touch with the common person. It gets to a point where it's almost impossible not to be. It's a perspective only governace can supply.

Our government looks at the American people if we are all a bunch of Homer Simpsons.   They really think we are too stupid to make our own decisions, to know what is best for us and our children.  Sadly, that is true regardless of party.

They make laws in such a way that they are exempt from them.  Obamacare is a good example of that.   A long time ago, the job of "congressman" was a part time job.  It was not a primary vocation.   You got paid a little for your time when you had to go to Washington DC to vote, but you still had to come home and work your farm or your blacksmith job or whatever you did as a primary vocation and you had to live under the laws you passed, just like everyone else.  You were a true representative, not a member of the ruling elite.

Our founders would be appalled at how Congress is run today and the extreme government overreach that our Constitution was designed to prevent.  Thomas Jefferson's philosophy pertaining to the Federal Government was that it is the Federal Government's job to protect our borders, foster good foreign relations and deliver the mail.  Everything else was handled on the state level, including taxation.

Oh, how things have changed.