Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

other, I agree with you the point of the FDA, but I think its on a pendulum, I think its gone beyond the "useful" stage a long time ago, and is now hurting us.

Oh, I would agree with that, but it's too scary in this day and time to even think about doing away with it.

Just starting a good calorie counting diet again, I do like the things they have done to put ingredients and food breakdowns on the packages.   Some people think that is nuts, but it helped me loose 70 pounds two years ago and I'm off to another start to dump another 70 pounds.

None of that information would be on the packages if the FDA had not made it mandatory for it's expensive to have to do so.

But on the other end of the swing my wife takes two drugs for M.S. that costs us about $6,000 a month.   Thank the Lord for help from the Insurance, but that's expensive also.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have no problem with mandatory labeling of whats in the packages. I think thats a good thing. I just think we need to draw the line about what they put in it, thats not the FDAs business. I think all of us know that donut sprinkles (not alone the dounts!) are bad for us. We dont need the FDA mandating what we can and cannot eat-if I want to eat junk food and get fat I should have the right to. Sides, it works out better for the powers that be, if the entire country is to fat to fight back when they decide to declare tyranny, it means less work for them.

if you count your calories doughnuts really are not any worse for you than most foods.   If you get Daylight Donuts, they are cooked in oil that isn't a cholesterol problem.  Part of my diet is a honey bun a couple of mornings a week at about 350 calories.   It's about the same as one and a half doughnuts.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

my point is though, shouldnt it be up to us to count our calories, not the government?

my point is though, shouldnt it be up to us to count our calories, not the government?

Yes it should be up to us.....    I know they make recommendations, but no one has ever told me how many calories I can or can not eat.   I just want to know how many are in there.     I guess Michelle is dictating to our schools, but I don't know if the FDA has anything at all to do with that.

Well, that's not quite true, my wife has interjected that into our marriage a time or two back when I was over 300 pounds.  Something like eat another piece of that pie and sleep on the couch for a week.