JFSurvivor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Can someone explain to me what a faction is? I know it's referenced in Galatians and I know it means a "clique" but how do you know if you are in one? I know this is a stupid question but I am feeling this want to belong to a group, a defined group where no one else but me and them are included. Is that wring? If it is what can i do to fix it?

Edited by JFSurvivor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and are living according to His will for your life, you already belong to a group, His church. Why would anyone want to exclude others by holding a denominational title?

If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and are living according to His will for your life, you already belong to a group, His church. Why would anyone want to exclude others by holding a denominational title?

huh? lol I'm not talking about denominations. I'm talking about cliques. Like non-religious cliques. I have been left out a lot from groups and I hate this about me but I kinda wanna be part of an exclusive group of friends and I dunno why I even feel that way. I shouldn't after what I have been through.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Everyone wants to feel wanted and included, but the danger comes when one is a part of an exclusive group, some people naturally get excluded.

Have you considered perhaps joining a bible study group at your church? 

Guest Butero

It sounds like you are just saying you want a close inner circle of friends.  I see nothing wrong with that, so long as that group isn't looking down their nose at others who are not in it, and coming across as superior.  The biggest concern would be pride.  Jesus had a huge following, but a close inner circle consisting of just 12 Apostles. 

Welcome to Worthy Boards.  I see you just signed up yesterday. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

huh? lol I'm not talking about denominations. I'm talking about cliques. Like non-religious cliques. I have been left out a lot from groups and I hate this about me but I kinda wanna be part of an exclusive group of friends and I dunno why I even feel that way. I shouldn't after what I have been through.  

It doesn't matter what stage in life one is once they are born into this world, the feeling of wanting to be part of something outside one's self is part of our social makeup that God made us with, we can't simply escape its purpose He gave it to us for. The deepest example of it is with the concept of family. And it equally applies within the heavenly order of things too.

This is why it is very important to read and understand God's Word, because He reveals this to us in conjunction with His offer to commune with Him and become part of His family through His Son Jesus Christ. Afterall, whether one is only interested in the things of this present world, one day this present world is going to end, and each soul will either join with Him and His family, or they will perish.

But in the mean time, all sorts of cliques are made available as part of this present world to serve as tests upon each soul, to see who we will seek and follow. And ultimately, those social groups which do not exist in His Truth will perish also. So why care about belonging to anything else other than the Truth, since anything that abides not in the Truth will pass away? Along with wanting to belong to something our Heavenly Father put another attached emotion along with it, and that is the seeking for stability, happiness, and permanence in our lives. Can joining a group whose foundation is based on a Lie given that? No, but in this world many groups try to pass themselves off as the Truth, which once again brings us back to the need for understanding in the real Truth that God gave us in His Word.

None of this involves man's idea of 'religion'. God's Word is about the Truth, not playing religion. Religion is an idea man creates in forming his own type of groups.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Factions within a church are wrong.  They often eventually split a church.  Cliques are not good either since God wants us to reach out to the poor, the orphans and widows,  and the outcasts of society.  Those who are least on earth are greatest in His kingdom.  I always told my kids, if you need a friend, be a friend to someone else who needs one.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone explain to me what a faction is? I know it's referenced in Galatians and I know it means a "clique" but how do you know if you are in one? I know this is a stupid question but I am feeling this want to belong to a group, a defined group where no one else but me and them are included. Is that wring? If it is what can i do to fix it?

I can give an example...  Baptist is faction one, lutheran is faction two, catholic is faction three, I my self am in my own faction apart from these.

I am evidently in a different faction than the people on this website due to the conflict I receive from stating some things.

A faction is a just a group, but it can be in the same building.  You can be both labeled Christian but in different ways of thinking.  You will automatically group with those with similar ways of thinking

Edited by Wildstar

Everyone wants to feel wanted and included, but the danger comes when one is a part of an exclusive group, some people naturally get excluded.

Have you considered perhaps joining a bible study group at your church? 

I don't go to church. I am quite peeved at the church at the moment but that's another story. 

It doesn't matter what stage in life one is once they are born into this world, the feeling of wanting to be part of something outside one's self is part of our social makeup that God made us with, we can't simply escape its purpose He gave it to us for. The deepest example of it is with the concept of family. And it equally applies within the heavenly order of things too.

This is why it is very important to read and understand God's Word, because He reveals this to us in conjunction with His offer to commune with Him and become part of His family through His Son Jesus Christ. Afterall, whether one is only interested in the things of this present world, one day this present world is going to end, and each soul will either join with Him and His family, or they will perish.

But in the mean time, all sorts of cliques are made available as part of this present world to serve as tests upon each soul, to see who we will seek and follow. And ultimately, those social groups which do not exist in His Truth will perish also. So why care about belonging to anything else other than the Truth, since anything that abides not in the Truth will pass away? Along with wanting to belong to something our Heavenly Father put another attached emotion along with it, and that is the seeking for stability, happiness, and permanence in our lives. Can joining a group whose foundation is based on a Lie given that? No, but in this world many groups try to pass themselves off as the Truth, which once again brings us back to the need for understanding in the real Truth that God gave us in His Word.

None of this involves man's idea of 'religion'. God's Word is about the Truth, not playing religion. Religion is an idea man creates in forming his own type of groups.

I know it's my sinful and prideful heart wanting to sin and stuff. I just want this desire to go away because I am so disgusted by it, especially given what happened to me.