• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ReaLizxx

Thank you for your honesty & for sharing with us,I know it must take a lot to bare all,,,,,especially the things we do not like about ourselves............God Bless you,this is a great start!

I know that kids these days,like yourself,prefer e-mails ,text messages & all that but there is nothing like coming face-to-face with someone that you want to have a heart to heart talk with,,,,,,,& bringing along 2 friends is not the best idea..........one on one is what it is going to take and your reputation proceeds you so you are going to have to be patient,prayerful,consistent and repentant,,,,,,,,,,,,it is going to take time

The best approach is to remember(if at first you don't succeed,try,try again!)    The first thing you must do is to draw close to the Lord & ask for His help ,His Holy Spirit to lead you & guide you and keep your self-control,you must not re-act & have outbursts .......when Mom yells,you pray,,,,,,& by no means shout back!

Secondly,do ask your teachers,one at a time,if they will make time to talk with you,,,,,,,,say your apologies face to face & tell them how much you want to do better & if they will give you a chance to prove yourself,tell them just what you have told us..........they will keep it all under consideration and your actions will speak louder than words,,,,,,they did not form an opinion of you overnight & they are not going to change their opinion of you until you can stand the test of time................

Jesus will make a new creature out of you but you do have to "renew your mind",,,,,,,,think before you speak,the important thing is not to re-act..........no one can make or cause you to do anything,it is all a choice......you choose to shout or you choose not to,,,,,,,,,,pray for patience,pray to decrease so that Christ can increase...........God Bless you & "try,try,again!'                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Welcome to worthy

If you and I meet, and you forget me.  You have lost nothing.  But if you Meet Jesus, and you forget him.  You have lost everything.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

RealLizxx,

Integrity is founded upon being truthful and truth is the stuff of eternity... there is not one

among us that has a perfect tract record and therefor we all sit in the seat of need to improve!

One major mile stones you face is the personal setting of your being to that of following Jesus

in all ways of your walk in this place... as this is shown in the result of pursuit of knowing

God through His Word. God did not give us an excuse to continue in wrong but the preciousness of

Himself in The Person of the Holy Spirit to guide us out of the death into the life. This world

and all it entails is a force against this pursuit yet pursue we must for it is now a part of our

nature to glorify our God and to live for Him. When you yell to prevent tears it would be better

to let those tears fly and bear down on trying love your Mom and show her that you understand it

is her love that desires you to improve in education :) I have seen the children left to their

own resources to learn as they did not have parents to care and did not have internal fortitude

to make themselves and they are poorly equipped for life and increase. I think you will see this

as truth spoken to you and I hope you see that we care as well for your pursuit of Godliness!

Love, Steven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

What does one do if he or she feels that she has trouble being godly no matter how she reads the bible or goes to church. I'm trying to become a better person but my family thinks I am bad and ungodly and I am constantly under probation in school where teachers have extreme bad impressions of me.

I am constantly under probation in school where teachers have extreme bad impressions of me.

What are you doing to give them the impression, and why are you constantly under probation? And before you answer, I am old, very old, and have heard just about every explanation that has ever been invented! 

So, no answer like I have done nothing. There must be a reason why they are putting you on probation constantly. Once we find out what that is, we can talk about how to correct it (with Jesus being the foundation).

God Bless, and let's start talking.

I too like Fez am ancient. 

The best place to start to resolve a problem is being truthful . 

God Bless and let's start talking  :thumbsup:

Hi there! This was my reply:

Thank you for your reply! Firstly, in the middle of last year, a misunderstanding occurred, and a teacher told the whole class someone cheated during the examinations. It appears that the person he was referring to was me. I had no idea he thought that way of me until the end of the year when he wrote comments to me about honesty. I then went to confront him with two of my friends to explain that I did not. Though he was not entirely convinced, he took down the comments. A while later, due to my laziness I plagiarized an essay and lied to another teacher about handing in the work on time when I in fact did not. My mother had to see the teachers and level heads and had to talk about my behavior for 4 hours. My teacher included in the conversation that he was offended that I brought people to explain to him and now he does not trust me and believes I cheated. I was shocked as I had no idea he had such a negative impression of me. I was in an emotional mess then as I am an oversensitive person and I could not believe this was happening to me. I then wrote him an email apologizing for my undesirable actions and explaining that I did not cheat previously and I will change. But he ignored my email and teachers started becoming cold and distant towards me. Just yesterday, my other teacher talked to me saying that my mother told my teacher i shout at my mum. When my mum is teaching me, she gets frustrated at my failure to understand concepts and without fail screams in frustration at me. I try to control my emotions as I feel wronged but I end up crying, hence to prevent myself from tearing, i shout to try and harden myself. Therefore, my teachers now not only think I am a cheater, a liar, but also someone who treats their parents poorly. I pray that i can become a better person. What/how else can I pray in this situation?

Hello Real , 

Fist off I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum so that you can continue to get advice.

(I left a link so that those who look in the welcome forum will be taken here,)

Now,  thanks for your response and I see others have started to give you some good advice. 

When we are young and even old, we need to learn lessons. (we never stop learning)

Honesty being one of the most important. 

Every time when we do something that shakes another persons view of us, there are always consequences. 

It's takes time to rebuild any trust they have in us.

Even the smallest thing can shake trust.  

I'm sure you have heard the phrase honesty is the best policy. 

Luke 16:10 -

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Learning how to be honest in everything you do is so important. 

It shows a reflection of your faith and is an important part of our witness to others. 

In my opinion the first thing you need to do is pray and say that you will do HIS will and not yours. 

Ask Him to help guide you in every moment of the day. 

At school do you have a coordinator/counsellor who you could go and speak to ?

If so book an appointment and sit down with them and explain what has happened.

Tell them that you wish to change and need help with this, being humble and asking sincerely for help is always respected.

The road ahead will most likely be long and certainly wont happen overnight, but you can do it.

I wont go too much into the problems at home with your mum , we can talk about that later on.

I will  say shouting never gets us anywhere.

Start your day with prayer and reading a small part of your Bible.

Stay in prayer during the day , when things seem to be going wrong just say a small prayer ,

you can pray anywhere at any time.

God Bless, 

Nigel . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Nigel gave you some very sage advice Liz. 

I guess when I read your comment in response to mine, my first thought was O NO! if you were going to apologize to your teacher why did you need to confront him with support? If you go to see a teacher for any reason go alone, you need no ones support but God's if you are in the right or even wrong. To go with friends is intimidating and you set the wrong tone at the beginning particularly if they are not good students themselves. If you use someone else's work in and essay or report always but always give the  credit to them and where you found the info in a footnote. You will gain respect from your instructor. Never lie admit your error you will be amazed at how good you feel about yourself. Did you feel good when you told the lie? When you lie you have to always remember what you said and if you change the story it shows. Your face, your eyes, your very body language tells if you tell a lie and teachers are good at reading students as are police and employers.... from their experience and lessons in how to read body language particularly in todays society. Go to the teachers tell them you did wrong and name the times. Tell them you want to change and ask them if they would be willing to help you and if you do wrong would they be willing to tell you after class or school hours. Ask for their help and advice and acknowledge how you messed up. As a student or adult there is nothing we can do alone. As Nigel has said you must learn to start your day with the Bible and a prayer asking God to help you through the day so that the things you do are pleasing to Him and say the Lord's prayer. When you go to bed remember to pray and again thank Him for the help He gave you throughout the day and how He protected you. Ask Him to forgive your sins...your mistakes. We all sin and everyone has to ask for His forgiveness. Remember that though you did wrong the Father still loves you. When your mom gets upset help her with what she is doing or tell her you are sorry and if she needs help offer to help without her asking. She may have had a tough day (and I am sure any mother who spends hours with your teachers is not going to be a happy camper). So just love her no matter what. Apologize and tell her to remind you if you do wrong and take her advice if she is attempting to help you. You may not know the pressure she faces or the problems she has that she is not sharing with you. if she is under stress be there for her and show her God's love through you and your actions. If you need please PM me any time. 

Life as a student is not easy but with God it can be. Remember the friends you choose reflect on you and though you may be "good" you are known by the friends you keep. As the Bible says, 'A good name is rather to be chosen than riches." God bless and help you as you read this and I pray that your go to your teachers and that they are receptive to your humble apologies.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

ReaLizzx,

You have received some great advice from other forum members. I want to share my thoughts so here goes.

Great advice to talk to a school counselor. Everyone experiences trials & difficulties, sometimes we bring those unpleasant times upon ourselves & at other times they happen for other reasons. Sometimes these kind of problems just take time to get worked out. Don’t know your school situation, but I suggest you definitely take the opportunity of a new start next school year to prove to your new teachers that your are honest, responsibly, hard working, trustworthy, etc.

I am also an oldie. I have been retired from my 44 year career as a middle school teacher for almost 4 years, and my job experience provided many opportunities for me to deal with many difficult frustrating interactions with students, parents, and administrators.

One thing that really helped me was learning, from God’s Word, how to cope with people who disliked me and blamed me for their failure and/or their problems. Below are two verses of scripture that really helped me to deal with those unpleasant experiences. Also, I spent a lot of time on my knees.

Proverbs 15:1 ,“A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”

Proverbs 25:15, “By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.”

Another thing I learned to do was to look at myself to see if the problem I was having with a student was the result of my approach to handling the problem, and not always, but sometimes I found that if I changed my attitude toward the student then the problem would soon be solved.

One of the most rewarding experiences of my teaching career was an encounter with a student who I hoped and prayed would never walk into my classroom. The class I taught was a one semester 8th grade Computer Applications class. The second semester I would get a new group of students. During the first semester I would see a certain student, “George,” standing in the hall next to the door of every one of his classes. For some reason his teachers did not want him in their class. I remember thinking to myself “I hope he doesn’t come into my class next semester”

Well, the first day of the next semester, George walked into my classroom & soon I knew the reason other teachers put him out into the hall. George had a real problem with his language; he could not talk without cursing. The second day of class he and I were out in the hall having a conference. I decided that I would take the “soft answer” with George. Without raising my voice or making any threats I told him that if I allowed him to use that kind of language in my classroom that parents would come up to the school and complain to the principal and that I would get in trouble. George then said that he was sorry and that he would do better. I allowed him to return to the classroom and class continued. He did do better, that day.

The next day he forgot about his promise to me and let some curse words come out of his mouth. We were back in the hall for a conference where again I told him that he could not use that kind of language in my class. Again he apologized to me and promised to do better. He did do better that day, but for the next several days he would forget and say some kind of curse words. George and I had many hall conferences, but I never threatened him with a referral nor did I ever raise my voice as I talked to him.

After some time George did stop cursing in my classroom. He began to ask if he could help me with some of the lab tasks like making the computers ready & picking up papers, discs, etc. I kind of made him my lab aide & of course he was required to do all class assignments. George became a model student.

One day towards the end of the semester the class was working on an assignment where their task was to research jobs & careers that required some kind of computer skills and then write a report about 2 jobs that interested them. George came up to me and said “Do you know what I want to be when I grow up?” I said, “what do you want to be when you grow up, George?” George said “I want to be a computer teacher.” That made my day; no, it made my year. When I look back at my teaching career I always see my experience with George as one that could have had a very frustrating difficult outcome had I taken the traditional approach of following school procedure for discipline management which hadn’t seemed to have made any difference with him.

I told that story to show that the “soft answer” approach does work. Maybe not for everyone, but it does work. I could give other success stories where that approach not only avoided a real problem with a student but provided opportunity for me to have a real positive influence with students.

I’m suggesting that you give this some time, yes, see the counselor. If you are a Christian then God doesn’t see you as a “bad” person. He sees you as His child and He wants you to be successful. He is always with you and wants you to bring your troubles to Him; not that He will take them away but so that He can help you to get through them. If you have a church then you might talk with your youth minister or pastor. Talk to your mother about your problem. There are people who can help you with this problem. You do not have to go through this alone.

Edited by john14:6

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I just wanted to thank everybody who took so much time and thought to write these meaningful replies and I'm just speechless at how many are willing to help! A few brought me to tears and I'm extremely grateful for your wise advice and guidance! I have no words to express my gratitude but I just wanted to let each of you know that I'm really grateful and I don't feel as alone anymore! I've read each and every one of your posts repeatedly and I understand your words. Once again thank you for your concern and advice!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Hi I just wanted to thank everybody who took so much time and thought to write these meaningful replies and I'm just speechless at how many are willing to help! A few brought me to tears and I'm extremely grateful for your wise advice and guidance! I have no words to express my gratitude but I just wanted to let each of you know that I'm really grateful and I don't feel as alone anymore! I've read each and every one of your posts repeatedly and I understand your words. Once again thank you for your concern and advice!

Have you acted on the advice given , how is it going ?