Obama’s Disdain for our Faith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It's not just a disdain for our faith.  It is also a complete moral indifference to the  violence of ISIS and other terrorist groups.  Other countries' leaders are angered when one of their people  is beheaded.  Our president fist bumps his buddies on the golf course.   In fact, four Americans have currently died at the hands of ISIS and Obama has been entirely indifferent.  

Islamic extremism/violence is no big deal to him.  The fact that we have ISIS in every state but Alaska at this time is much ado about nothing.     When there is a massive terrorist strike inside the US in the near future, he will lecture us about why we deserved it and will find a way to blame it on Bush.

I agree shiloh.And look at the way Jordan responded to their pilot being executed.I do not see Obama reacting in that way.

No Obama doesn't react to things like that. Now if a Muslim living in the U.S. had been offended by a comment that somebody had made then Obama would react.

sad.gif

Yes Oak.It is very obvious how wrong he is for our U.S.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

I agree that Obama is not a Christian. He knows little to nothing about Christianity.

It is not a Christian concept to compare one sin against another and proclaim that a sin is not so bad because others also sinned the worse sin. There is nothing so un-Christian. Christianity views all sin as falling short of God, missing the mark. All sin, with no savior, has the same result. But, it is the unsaved human condition to try to self justify by comparing themselves to another to prove their own goodness in comparison. Even the worst criminals in jail have a line they will not cross, and use their unwillingness to cross that line to show their goodness. In prison, child molestation is the sin line most will not cross, so those guilty of mass murder and torture who will not molest a child, have claims of their goodness for not crossing the line.  

At the same time, the article is sugar coating the crusades.

From the article: 'That the Crusades centered upon retaking the Holy Land could hardly be seen as unreasonable: what religion’s adherents wouldn’t want to control the place of its birth?'  Really? The scriptures have given the land of Israel to the Jewish people. It was not given to Christians. There is no biblical justification for Christianity to kill the Jewish people to conquer and control the so called 'Holy land'. That statement is just a justification for disobeying scripture, and murdering the people to whom God gave the land.  

The article also says: 'Interestingly enough, Muslims to this day occupy every city vital to the formation of Christianity except for Jerusalem, and none of those other cities enjoy the standard of living, human rights, or basic freedoms available throughout the Western world.'

Another 'misinformation'. It looks like Christianity is claiming the standard of living, human rights and basic freedoms available in Israel. In reality, Jewish people setup the constitution of Israel, and worked hard to raise a standard of living, maintain human rights and basic freedom. And it ultimately was God who brought the land of Israel under Jewish control ....

Would that be the same God that used the Allied armies of the 1940s to defeat Nazism and prepare the way for surviving Jews to return and establish Israel after six million were wiped out in German concentration camps?

Or are we going to keep comparing modern civilization with that of the Middle Ages, as did Obama, and ignore advancements such as the Geneva Conventions?

BTW, that Allied army would include my late father.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

I agree that Obama is not a Christian. He knows little to nothing about Christianity.

It is not a Christian concept to compare one sin against another and proclaim that a sin is not so bad because others also sinned the worse sin. There is nothing so un-Christian. Christianity views all sin as falling short of God, missing the mark. All sin, with no savior, has the same result. But, it is the unsaved human condition to try to self justify by comparing themselves to another to prove their own goodness in comparison. Even the worst criminals in jail have a line they will not cross, and use their unwillingness to cross that line to show their goodness. In prison, child molestation is the sin line most will not cross, so those guilty of mass murder and torture who will not molest a child, have claims of their goodness for not crossing the line.  

From the article: 'That the Crusades centered upon retaking the Holy Land could hardly be seen as unreasonable: what religion’s adherents wouldn’t want to control the place of its birth?'  Really? The scriptures have given the land of Israel to the Jewish people. It was not given to Christians. There is no biblical justification for Christianity to kill the Jewish people to conquer and control the so called 'Holy land'. That statement is just a justification for disobeying scripture, and murdering the people to whom God gave the land.  

The article also says: 'Interestingly enough, Muslims to this day occupy every city vital to the formation of Christianity except for Jerusalem, and none of those other cities enjoy the standard of living, human rights, or basic freedoms available throughout the Western world.'

Another 'misinformation'. It looks like Christianity is claiming the standard of living, human rights and basic freedoms available in Israel. In reality, Jewish people setup the constitution of Israel, and worked hard to raise a standard of living, maintain human rights and basic freedom. And it ultimately was God who brought the land of Israel under Jewish control ....

Would that be the same God that used the Allied armies of the 1940s to defeat Nazism and prepare the way for surviving Jews to return and establish Israel after six million were wiped out in German concentration camps?

Or are we going to keep comparing modern civilization with that of the Middle Ages, as did Obama, and ignore advancements such as the Geneva Conventions?

Really?  If an article misrepresents the facts, shouldn't they be corrected? Or do we just let it slide. The boasting in the article, and the justification for the crusades attack and murder of Jewish people in Israel, is not good. The article is talking about the great things Christianity has done but is misrepresenting the facts.  As a Christian, I do not want untruths to be put out there about Christianity. Even if it puts Christianity in a not so good light. It is more important to be honest, then be seen as liars and boasters.    

You bring up the Nazi's, and that is an entirely different topic. The OP is about the crusades, not Nazi Germany.

(By the way, my father fought (U.S.) in WW2 .)   

Really?  If an article misrepresents the facts, shouldn't they be corrected? Or do we just let it slide. The boasting in the article, and the justification for the crusades attack and murder of Jewish people in Israel, is not good. The article is talking about the great things Christianity has done but is misrepresenting the facts.  As a Christian, I do not want untruths to be put out there about Christianity. Even if it puts Christianity in a not so good light. It is more important to be honest, then be seen as liars and boasters.    

You bring up the Nazi's, and that is an entirely different topic. The OP is about the crusades, not Nazi Germany.

Well, at least now I don't have to wonder what side your dad was on. And for the record, Gen. Eisenhower wrote a book titled "Crusade in Europe".

BTW, when I think of "liars and boasters," I think of Barack Hussein, not my fellow Christian writers.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Well, at least now I don't have to wonder what side your dad was on. And for the record, Gen. Eisenhower wrote a book titled "Crusade in Europe".

BTW, when I think of "liars and boasters," I think of Barack Hussein, not my fellow Christian writers.

If you thought my family favored Hitler, well...... too many of my family had tattos from being prisoners in Auschwitz, so that is a bit of an insult.

If Christians try to spin the Crusades as being the right of Christians to send an army to Israel to try to conquer and take the 'Holy land', and kill innocent Jewish people,  then it is time for a wake up call. That is against scripture. And when a Christian tried to claim that Israel being  a land which has laws which protect the rights of people as a Christian success, well.... Israel is not a Christian land and it was no Christians who wrote the constitution and laws of Israel. That is boasting and claiming something Christians did not do. I know the author of the article was trying to counter what Obama said, but his claims are false. Christians should not lie, sugar coat the reality or claim credit for something they did not do. That kind of dishonesty is not the Christian thing to do. It poorly represents Christianity. It is not biblical, and is not being obedient to scripture. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No Christian would praise any other religion. All other religions lead people to hell. To defend other religions is to encourage people into hell. By his "fruit" alone, it is easy to judge that Obama is no Christian. Also, no Christian would encourage abortion and homosexuality as he does

Amen... I just don't understand how Christians and there were plenty could vote for him.  Two of  my good friends, one where I live and one who lives in another state, both believers were shocked to find out that a great majority of their fellow believers in their church voted for this man.  As I have said before, my platform is, if this person stands up and supports abortion or gay marriage they will not get my vote and I don't care what party they are.  Now I see Obama backing off in support of Israel, in favor instead of her enemies.  Read the Word of God, if this goes any further with this president we could all go down.  His word is very clear, God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel.  America, especially believers had better wake up and start to stand with no fear against those who are out to ruin us. 

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

No Christian would praise any other religion. All other religions lead people to hell. To defend other religions is to encourage people into hell. By his "fruit" alone, it is easy to judge that Obama is no Christian. Also, no Christian would encourage abortion and homosexuality as he does

I agree.  And GWB before him was of the same persuasion....saying a few years ago that muslims and Christians worship the same God and that there are many ways to Heaven.  I can look up the exact articles if you'd like.

:thumbsup:

Yippity Yack

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Obama then offered what seemed like an excuse for their behavior—namely, that before harshly judging the civilization or culture which could produce the monsters of the Islamic State, we should be remember that Christians have blood on their hands as well. Obama pointed to the Crusades and the Inquisition as examples, and then offered up slavery and Jim Crow as horrors perpetrated “in the name of Christ.” http://spectator.org/articles/61729/obamas-historical-ignorance-and-disdain-faith

Don't Talk Back

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

If you thought my family favored Hitler, well......

Is that why you thought it necessary to type "my father fought (U.S.) in WW2"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

For all his faults, at least bush got outraged by americans getting murdered.