• Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

<-------1260------->
<--------1290-------->
<---------1335--------->
<----------1372---------->

(these are the numbers that I've entered to make the little bar graph with the four green bars)

Daniel 12:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

In my opinion, these verses tell us the following order of the events: the daily sacrifice is taken away; the abomination of desolation is set up; and then the "blessed day" comes.

I will compare the order of the events to Matthew, Chapter 24 (the same events are also shown in Mark, Chapter 13 and Luke, Chapter 21).

Matthew 24:15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

It seems to me that the order of the events is: the abomination of desolation is set up; the great tribulation period begins; the great tribulation period ends; Jesus returns with His angels to gather the elect.

Do you think that the 1,335th "blessed day" could be the day that Jesus comes with His angels to gather the elect?

It is my opinion that the abomination of desolation is set up 1,290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away, not at the same time as most teach. If so, there will be 44 days between the abomination of desolation and the "blessed day".   This 44 day period must be the great tribulation period.

Let me know your opinions.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Thankyou for the post 

I think that the 1,335th "blessed day" is "The Last Day" that Jesus comes with His angels to gather the elect.

"and I will raise him up on the last day"

Your post is just like the way that I read it too, it gives me goosebumps. A woman on another forum sees it almost the same, she says the great tribulation is 45 days.

(Before going any further, I would like to state that my personal end time views are not all the same as the established "traditional" views. I do not wish to teach or to become a teacher. I do not wish to be an offense to others who hold to different beliefs.)

When Jesus said; "For then shall be great tribulation", I don't think He's talking about the start of what we've always referred to as "The Great Tribulation". I think He's talking also about this:

"And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time".

This is not the entire Appointed Time of The End, it's just the really bad part of it 45 days before the Last Day. Many probably grew up hearing the phrase "The Great Tribulation" used to refer to the whole duration of The Time of The End. 

“At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people"

"But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book"

God gave the Beast only 42 months authority, after that his times up. He will feast on a banquet of bowls. That's when Michael stands up for us. The 42 months from Rev. 13 is the same as Daniel's 1260 days. Any Christian alive after this will be untouchable, under Divine Protection. 

I am convinced that the three prophetic time periods from Daniel 12 are connected to one another, so that they only work as a team. They are literal days that provide the keys to Revelation's end time time line. Each of the three sets of days share the same day 1. They are not consecutive but run concurrent or simultaneously with one another. They fit inside of one another like a matryoshka doll:

<-------1260------->
<--------1290-------->
<---------1335--------->

"from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, X<--------1290-------->X and the abomination that maketh desolate set up" are two different events that will happen at opposite ends of 1290 days which are still future to us now.

On another thead here, a person referred to " the daily sacrifice" as " God's daily sacrifice to mankind". Most people probably thought that his view was unique, I think he's on to something. This is the casting down of the censer from Revelation 8 and the earthquakes in diverse places from Matthew 24, (duTillet:"earthquake, in every place").This is the trigger Event for the start of the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.

“I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end"

Most people think that the tribulation is a big long span of seven years, I think that's a bad read on Daniel 9. Some people think the tribulation is 42 months or 1260 days. The problem with this idea arises when we try to squeeze a larger span of 1290 or 1335 days into 3.5 years. I am convinced that Our Appointed Time of The End is 1335 days in total duration and that the Lord knew this from before the foundation of the universe. He made a slot in the solar and lunar cycle for that span of days to snap right into with a fitment that is just too precise to be coincidental.

Our end time abomination of desolation is going to be nothing to be afraid of. It's not going to be the Antichrist walking into a rebuilt temple. It will be just like the one that the Christians ALL escaped from in 66AD. The Elect will recognize it, (the reader WILL understand), right when it happens on the 1290th day of the tribulation. It happens in between the 1260th day and the 1335th day. There will only be 45 days remaining until our redemption and we will all be under Michael's protection. Plus the bad guys are going to be busy getting scorched by the sun and drinking from rivers of blood while nursing painful boils. (the Beast's authority is the same 1260 day span here).

So I'm saying that if we make it though the 1260 days by God's Grace, it means that we are The Elect that will stand to witness the Greatest Event in the history of mankind. Plus as an added bonus this group of The Elect will never taste physical death.

"And at that time shall Michael stand up"

"for the children of thy people"

"and at that time thy people shall be delivered"

We are the seed of Abraham right?

We have become the children of Daniel's people.

(Jeff, this is just my own best read on it).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,123
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Daniel 12:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

There are two things that are a bit deceptive (unintended, I'm sure) with respect to your questions.

First, the Hebrew scripture does not use the term "sacrifice" here. The accurate meaning is "from the time that the daily/continual shall be..." This is significant, because sacrifice/zebach is used in Dan. 9:27, when real blood-sacrifices still took place, in the first century AD. But in this prophecy of End Time events, the word sacrifice is notably omitted. The term "daily/continual" could well just mean daily observance of prayer, e.g. at/on the Temple Mount, or at the Wailing Wall.

Second, this passage is taken out of context, because it omits key things found in 12:6-7:

And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished."

Now, "all these things" clearly includes the 1260-day period of Daniel's people Israel being persecuted by the Little Horn of Dan. 7, who is the one who "shatters their power." However, the Church is not necessarily part of that persecution: therefore, the 1335 days may not [and I say, does not] have anything to do with the 1260-day and 1335-day time periods. Therefore, neither would [does] the Rapture of the Church have anything to do with them.

Always remember, Daniel and the other OT prophets knew nothing about the Church, and all of his prophecies are focused upon his people Israel.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi Sister.

You said:

3 1/2 years total from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away .....to....the abomination of desolation set up (finished).

The daily sacrifice is at the beginning of the tribulation, and the abomination of desolation is at the end of the tribulation, not the beginning.

When you say tribulation, do you mean Daniel’s 70th week (a 7 year period) or the great tribulation period?

Is this your timeline?

Sacrifice begins --- 1,260 days--- > sacrifice taken away ---- 1,290 days ------ > Abomination of desolation --- 44 days --- > the “blessed day” comes

If not, show me your timeline.

You said:

The false prophet's temple will take 3 1/2 years to build. He will build it in Jerusalem. This can't be built in a day, because there will be some planning involved, and it will take time to build this palace, which I presume will be extravagant.

When we see this "palace" "set up", and finally declared "finished", we only have to wait 45 days till Christ returns (on day 1335)

So this to me can only mean one thing, ......during the 45 days, the 6th trumpet will blow, when the Kings of the East and their allies cross over into Israel to prepare war against the False prophet,.....in retaliation of that temple he has built for himself, where their temple used to be...(The dome of the rock)

This is when the Jews will start fleeing, because the false prophets enemies come in with great fury and destroy everything in their path.

So "the Abomination of Desolation" is that "temple" or "palace" the false prophet will build for himself, and when the building is completed, he will sit in there declaring he is god. Now the 6th trumpet/vial has to run it's course. ....so wait another 45 days, .....because all scripture has to be fulfilled before Christ comes.

What do you think?

I have always thought that the “man of sin” (who I believe is the antichrist, the beast, the little horn) will sit in the temple that the Jewish people will build.

2 Thessalonians 2:3.  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4.  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This is the first I have heard about the false prophet building another temple.

Jeff

Hi Dave.

You said:

I think that the 1,335th "blessed day" is "The Last Day" that Jesus comes with His angels to gather the elect.

"and I will raise him up on the last day"

I agree that the 1,335th day is the day that Jesus comes to gather His elect.  I do not believe that the 1,335th day is the “last day”.

You said:

When Jesus said; "For then shall be great tribulation", I don't think He's talking about the start of what we've always referred to as "The Great Tribulation". I think He's talking also about this:

"And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time".

This is not the entire Appointed Time of The End, it's just the really bad part of it 45 days before the Last Day. Many probably grew up hearing the phrase "The Great Tribulation" used to refer to the whole duration of The Time of The End.

“At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people"

"But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book"

I agree that the great tribulation period is the time of trouble that Daniel told us about.

You said:

God gave the Beast only 42 months authority, after that his times up. He will feast on a banquet of bowls. That's when Michael stands up for us. The 42 months from Rev. 13 is the same as Daniel's 1260 days. Any Christian alive after this will be untouchable, under Divine Protection.

I believe the 42 months is the war with the saints that Daniel told us about and also John in Revelation, Chapter 13.  The great tribulation period is the 44 days before the “blessed day”.  The “blessed day” is also the 1,260th day of the war with the saints; the war with the saints will end on the “blessed day”.

You said:

I am convinced that the three prophetic time periods from Daniel 12 are connected to one another, so that they only work as a team. They are literal days that provide the keys to Revelation's end time time line. Each of the three sets of days share the same day 1. They are not consecutive but run concurrent or simultaneously with one another. They fit inside of one another like a matryoshka doll:

<-------1260------->

<--------1290-------->

<---------1335--------->

I believe there are two time periods that are connected at the end of the 1,335 days, not at the beginning.

I will start a new topic to show how I believe the 1,260 days (the time, times and dividing of times) fits into the 1,335 days prophecy.

Jeff

Hi WilliamL.

You said:

First, the Hebrew scripture does not use the term "sacrifice" here. The accurate meaning is "from the time that the daily/continual shall be..." This is significant, because sacrifice/zebach is used in Dan. 9:27, when real blood-sacrifices still took place, in the first century AD. But in this prophecy of End Time events, the word sacrifice is notably omitted. The term "daily/continual" could well just mean daily observance of prayer, e.g. at/on the Temple Mount, or at the Wailing Wall.

I believe the following verses are speaking of the same thing; the little horn taking away the daily sacrifice. I do not see any difference between the daily sacrifice and the sacrifice.

Daniel 8:9.  And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10.  And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

11.  Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

12.  And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

13.  Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the

transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14.  And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 9:27.  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 11:31.  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Daniel 12:11.  And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12.  Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

You said:

Second, this passage is taken out of context, because it omits key things found in 12:6-7:

And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished."

Now, "all these things" clearly includes the 1260-day period of Daniel's people Israel being persecuted by the Little Horn of Dan. 7, who is the one who "shatters their power." However, the Church is not necessarily part of that persecution: therefore, the 1335 days may not [and I say, does not] have anything to do with the 1260-day and 1335-day time periods. Therefore, neither would [does] the Rapture of the Church have anything to do with them.

Always remember, Daniel and the other OT prophets knew nothing about the Church, and all of his prophecies are focused upon his people Israel.

I believe the 1,260 days period (the time, times and half a time) is the last 1,260 days of the 1,335 days period.  I will start a new topic to explain my thoughts on the 1,260 days period.

Jeff

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Sister.

You said:

3 1/2 years total from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away .....to....the abomination of desolation set up (finished).

The daily sacrifice is at the beginning of the tribulation, and the abomination of desolation is at the end of the tribulation, not the beginning.

When you say tribulation, do you mean Daniel’s 70th week (a 7 year period) or the great tribulation period?

Is this your timeline?

Greetings Jeff.

Tribulation starts from when Christians get persecuted all the way up to the coming.  This whole period is the Great Tribulation, from start to end.

Sacrifice begins --- 1,260 days--- > sacrifice taken away ---- 1,290 days ------ > Abomination of desolation --- 44 days --- > the “blessed day” comes

If not, show me your timeline.

The daily sacrifice affects all Christians.  Our daily sacrifice to the Lord is to resist evil and overcome our temptations.  We do this not just once, but every single day of our lives if we truly serve the Lord.  We can do this because the Lamb accepted us, and guides us to know the difference between good and evil through his Word.

There comes a time when the door to Christ is shut, and no new comers can enter.  The daily sacrifice is taken away.  No more asking for forgiveness, because it's too late, the storm is about to start.  Like in the days of the flood.

The whole Great Tribulation period is for 1290 days.

This starts with the Mark of the Beast being issued, and the persecution of Christians who refuse.

The two witnesses preach for only 1260 days.  They start preaching 30 days after the Great tribulation has started.

Your time line is correct  but it should start with;

......daily sacrifice taken away ---- 1,290 days ------ > Abomination of desolation ------

The two witnesses (1260 days) slots into this period above, but they preach 30 days after the Great Trib has started.

I don't know where you get 44 days from?

45 days

I have always thought that the “man of sin” (who I believe is the antichrist, the beast, the little horn) will sit in the temple that the Jewish people will build.

2 Thessalonians 2:3.  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4.  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This is the first I have heard about the false prophet building another temple.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Daniel 11:45   And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Israel is between the Mediterranean Sea and the Dead Sea.  The glorious holy mountain is Jerusalem.

The tabernacles are the "tents" under the False Prophet.  This is the 10 Kings.  The headquarters will be Jerusalem.  That "palace" is the temple he will build.  It's the same thing, his headquarters where he wants to rule from.

..."so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Satan has chosen that exact place in "Jerusalem" to perform his ultimate blasphemy.

Satan is using the False Prophet as a puppet for himself.

In order for Satan to have his temple built in Jerusalem, he needs to get rid of the temple that exists there today.....The Dome of the Rock.  It's in the way.

Satan will use the False Prophet to do this job.

The False prophet will make a secret deal with Israel, to destroy this temple.

It will be a staged attack on Israel, and in the process, the Dome of the Rock will be destroyed.

The Muslem world will rejoice because they hate Israel.  Don't forget the False prophet decieves everyone with his miracles and power, even the muslems. He will play both sides of the fence.

Isaiah 14:29   Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

The false prophet would have to use the Jews to build a new temple, because it's in Jerusalem. 

When the Kings of the East (the Medes) ...(Iran and his allies) wake up and realise they have been fooled by the False Prophet, they will come in to Israel with great vengeance.  This is when the 6th trumpet/vial starts.

Joel 2:2   A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

Joel 2:3   A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

Joel 2:4   The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

Joel 2:5   Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

Joel 2:6   Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

Joel 2:7   They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Joel 2:8   Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

This is my opinion on how it will be played out anyway using reason with what's happening in the world, with prophecy..  I can see no other reason why the Medes would be so wild,, but because their temple was destroyed, and another built in it's place, but not for them.  I think that when the False prophet shows his true colors, the Kings of the east will see through, not because of knowledge, but because they have been tricked by him and stung....double crossed so to speak.

Hi Sister.

The 44 days are between the abomination of desolation and the 1,335th blessed day.

......daily sacrifice taken away ---- 1,290 days ------ > Abomination of desolation                               the 1,335th blessed day

-------- 44 days ------- >     1 day

----------------------------------------- 1,335 days -------------------------------------- >

Edited by Watching for Jesus

Hi Sister.

The 44 days are between the abomination of desolation and the 1,335th blessed day.

......daily sacrifice taken away ---- 1,290 days ------ > Abomination of desolation                               the 1,335th blessed day

-------- 44 days ------- >     1 day

----------------------------------------- 1,335 days -------------------------------------- >

Hi Jeff

Ok, I see what you are saying now.

Thanks.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,123
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

I'm only going to reply to your post in brief. You are welcome to whatever beliefs you like to find in Daniel. However, until you put some deep study into the relevant history of the era of Antiochus IV Ephipanes, you are going to be lost about what the prophet is referring to in Dan. 8 and 11.

I would suggest this source for starters: http://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_Dan/Dan_8.cfm?a=858001