• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

Kwilphilly: that is just what I do, but I see things differently than you. To me greed and materialism are huge problems in the church today so to me driving a $76,000 car would be something that Jesus would not want me doing as opposed to dinner with the opposite sex or doing Yoga.

Angles4u: great advice, sort of the way I try to live my life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Alex....

It is quite obvious that you do not think as I do or as Shiloh does and I do not think it has anything to do with generations but where you are in your individual & personal relationship with our Lord,,,,,,,,,,as one matures(not in age) but in their walk with Christ you do begin to see things differently and not from your own eyes but with the Heart & Mind of Christ,,,,,,,,,,,

As Angels mentioned,,,,,,pray,talk to our Lord,,,,,,,the Holy Spirit will lead you guide you & direct every footstep you take,,,,,,if you desire that He does,all we need do is ask................God Bless you & in everything you do,give God Praise,Glory & Honor

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Why is the default reaction whenever someone thinks differently it is just assumed they are not as spiritually mature as you?

Has it ever occurred it might be you that is viewing things incorrectly?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Why is the default reaction whenever someone thinks differently it is just assumed they are not as spiritually mature as you?

Has it ever occurred it might be you that is viewing things incorrectly?

That's an interesting question actually, because I have seen this debate regarding the appearance of evil go in some pretty exclusive ways according to whoever is

determining what that appearance might be...not on this forum, but this is a relatively small forum

It seems that a more accurate translation of I Thess 5:22 may actually render differently then abstaining from the appearance of evil as follows:

A literal translation of the Greek might be: "from every form of evil be abstaining."

However, in the KJV, the translation most widely used in the English-speaking world until the mid 20th-century, the verse is translated: "abstain from every appearance of evil."

So, while the definition of what an appearance is may actually be subjective, it seems that scripture defines it simply by abstain from every form of evil

A particular and odious form of evil is conjecture about what another person might be up to without knowing all the facts.

Evil, can often be found in the mind of the beholder...apart from what is obvious of course

Guest shiloh357

A generation that sees nothing wrong with gay marriage, and predominately accepts sex outside of marriage as acceptable would likely not see having dinner alone with a married member of the opposite sex as problematic.   It's not really as generational as it is simply the lack of a moral compass to guide behavior.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

That's taking it to sextremes  extremes I would think.  

Or a generation that is capable of having dinner with the opposite sex without trying to or even thinking about having sex with that person.

Guest shiloh357

No, I stand by what I said.   The moral compass in the younger generations is getting worse and worse.  If your marriage is important to you, you would not dream of going out with a member of the opposite sex alone.    Even if there is no romantic interest (at first) it is not a wise thing to do.   But then like I said, you protect the relationships that you value.

And your grandparents said the same thing about your generation,

My marriage is strong enough that my wife and I do not have these sorts of trust issues you seem to be burdened with.

We both on occasion do this thing that is taboo to you without a second thought. If we could not trust each other what's the point of being married?