John the Baptist Breakfast?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Had a Science teacher in 7th grade who would put spiders in his mouth and eat them.To get the reaction of the students.Weird dude.  unsure.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

There is a push by the un and us media to try and change american eating habits away from cows to eating bugs instead. There are a lot of articles that come out in the media about eating bugs and how beneficial it is. I wont be doing it any time soon lol ... or ever ... but the generation after the millenials or perhaps even the millenials themselves will be chowing down grasshoppers for breakfast lunch and dinner. 

In mexico and parts of the us that has large populations of mexicans there are restaurants that serve cricket tacos. And they sell out. 

Still aint doing it.

Guest shiloh357

I would like to go to a press conference on that topic.  I will sit down front eating my 2/3 pound double cheeseburger w/ bacon.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=44886#.VQxqso7F-So

As for the agenda to transform our diets, watch how often you will see this promoted in news. There is a reason for that. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

from Wired:"Go to any market in Mexico and you’ll see piles of grasshoppers—dusted with chile powder, roasted with garlic, sprinkled with lime juice. I’ve eaten grasshoppers ground up in salsas and semi-pulverized in micheladas, their intact legs floating in the refreshing mix of beer, lime juice, and hot sauce. If you’ve ever been served chile-dusted orange slices along with a shot of mezcal—surprise! That chile powder was actually ground up grasshoppers."By now you’ve probably heard that entomophagy—insect eating—is in our dietary future, or at least should be. Put aside the yuck factor; insects are packed with protein, much less damaging to the environment than other livestock...."http://www.wired.com/2015/03/well-eat-grasshoppersonce-know-raise/?mbid=social_twitterHow about locusts with wild honey for breakfast (Matthew 3:4)? It could replace Honey-nut Cheerios.To paraphrase Folgers: "The best part of waking up -- is a grasshopper in your cup!"

Our cat had the grasshopper eating technique down to a science. She would position them so that the legs fell off as she ate the body. I would often see her with legs hanging off each side of her mouth. Grasshoppers were all she could catch at the time to feed her hungry kittens and she prepared them without the legs. So, leaning upon her wisdom, I think I would eliminate the locusts' legs from my honey locust breakfast. Maybe a little lemon juice would add some tang. But you have given me another reason for not liking chili powder, even though chitin might make an excellent anti caking agent.

By the way, are the flies a bonus or do they charge extra for them? Most open air markets are swarming with flies. And swarms of locusts or grasshoppers can decimate crops and any living greenery in no time, so cattle would be considered less harmful to the environment in my opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I would like to go to a press conference on that topic.  I will sit down front eating my 2/3 pound double cheeseburger w/ bacon.

eating-burger.gif

Oh yes but you can leave the bacon off and add the fries please...

from Wired:"Go to any market in Mexico and you’ll see piles of grasshoppers—dusted with chile powder, roasted with garlic, sprinkled with lime juice. I’ve eaten grasshoppers ground up in salsas and semi-pulverized in micheladas, their intact legs floating in the refreshing mix of beer, lime juice, and hot sauce. If you’ve ever been served chile-dusted orange slices along with a shot of mezcal—surprise! That chile powder was actually ground up grasshoppers."By now you’ve probably heard that entomophagy—insect eating—is in our dietary future, or at least should be. Put aside the yuck factor; insects are packed with protein, much less damaging to the environment than other livestock...."http://www.wired.com/2015/03/well-eat-grasshoppersonce-know-raise/?mbid=social_twitterHow about locusts with wild honey for breakfast (Matthew 3:4)? It could replace Honey-nut Cheerios.To paraphrase Folgers: "The best part of waking up -- is a grasshopper in your cup!"

Our cat had the grasshopper eating technique down to a science. She would position them so that the legs fell off as she ate the body. I would often see her with legs hanging off each side of her mouth. Grasshoppers were all she could catch at the time to feed her hungry kittens and she prepared them without the legs. So, leaning upon her wisdom, I think I would eliminate the locusts' legs from my honey locust breakfast. Maybe a little lemon juice would add some tang. But you have given me another reason for not liking chili powder, even though chitin might make an excellent anti caking agent.

By the way, are the flies a bonus or do they charge extra for them? Most open air markets are swarming with flies. And swarms of locusts or grasshoppers can decimate crops and any living greenery in no time, so cattle would be considered less harmful to the environment in my opinion.

My cat just played with crickets. She would follow them around. If they stopped jumping she would tap them then follow them again. She was useless lol.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

I've eaten wicchiti grubs ,they weren't bad, but I would rather not eat them again.