• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1982

yes that's the link or a link Bopeep ..

I think for the US to take on the voting system would be initially hilarious ..

with that said though .. not that I know much about US politics .. I think it would give a more accurate number of votes rather than just people voluntarily voting and having an estimated number of votes for a candidate ..

given the population of the US .. I think it would make sense for the system to be introduced ..

it would be a bit more "organised" and "structured" not that it isn't already ..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I disagree Aussie, there are elements in the Democrat party that don't believe in fair and honest elections and will exploit whatever weakness they can in a mandatory election, such as, pulling names from birth/death/marriage announcements in local newspapers, or getting names from school rosters, library cards, club membership lists, hotel registries, etc.

When you are dealing with an immoral and corrupt electorate you have to tighten the reigns on them, not loosen them up. 

Like I said in an earlier post, if people aren't motivated enough to choose their government why would we want to force them to vote?  If they don't care enough to vote, then they probably don't care enough to be informed about who they vote for either. 

We don't need more uninformed, unmotivated voters voting in our elections.  They should be allowed to live their pointless lives in peace, I don't want them to wreck mine along the way.

Guest shiloh357

The problem is that mandatory voting is not according to the liberty that we have stood for so long.  If you make voting mandatory, there are people in our government that would use that to make other things mandatory.  Mandatory voting is a bad idea because it means that people who have no idea what they are voting for, and who don't care, are making decisions that affect the rest of us.   The last thing we need is someone who got elected by those who simply clicked a box in order to avoid a fine.

Mandatory voting diminishes the quality of the voters and the quality of those who get elected.   No mandatory voting.  Keep America free.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1982

isn't that why you have such a voting system .. to get rid of those who are dishonest ??

being "free" may mean taking on this system ..

like the wise man and foolish man ..

i guess American's see freedom different to that of other countries .. and that's fine ..

my intention isn't to offend with that comment .. its an observation ..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  273
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,327
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi aussie - musician,

From another down under. Americans mightn`t realise that we (Aussies) can just scribble on our voting cards or even just fold them over - a nothing vote & pop it in the ballot box as no one is allowed to see what you wrote. And then to me, as the whole world system is under the power of the evil one (for a short time now) then really as someone has said our choices are bad, or worse. People may think they can be effective, but it is for a short time & the whole evil system just keeps rolling along till the Lord comes to judge it - very soon. Yes we pray for those in authority that they may come to know the Lord as their Saviour, however they cannot fix the system as it is to be judged as it is against Christ.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Here in Oregon our longtime Governor resigned due to a major scandal being uncovered. The new Governor wasted now time in making a new law. Now anyone with a driver's license is automatically registered to vote. WHAT?????

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Here in Kansas you have to have a state issued ID in order to vote. But, as far as being required to vote, Belgium is the same way. You are required by law to vote. You can in trouble if you don't vote. That being said, they also have a very wealthy government, and a very well maintained country. Most of the people from there that  I have talked to would rather live there instead of here.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Perhaps those who write the laws should be focusing more on creating a law for those who run for office, ensuring that they follow through on their promises, which is what gets them into office to begin with.  They should focus more on what the platform is people run on so we, those whom they want to force to vote, would actually have a reason to vote again.  I am sure if the lawmakers focused on those who are running, more would vote.

Look at the vagueness of Obama's platform.  He promised change, but would never reveal what that change would be.  Because he could get away with it, look where we are.  They are looking in the wrong direction.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And yet it isn't Belgium to which  the rest of the world is clamoring to immigrate.

Most of the people from there that  I have talked to would rather live there instead of here.

Yes. Their standard of living is high, their standard of government is effective, health provisional is excellent, providing pensions for the aged is a given, they are ranked as a happy country. Or so they say.

Why would they not want to live in their own country? Sounds like a nice place to live.