mdulin2004

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

So dehumanizing our government and stigmatizing them as liars is appropriate? All of this based on someone's blog? Which could easily be fiction?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

War is not a sin... wars happened in the bible, God gave triumph to those who fought on his behalf. If war was as sin, why did we win our independence out of war? If war was a sin, why did Abraham Lincoln use war to preserve the Union? (which I might add, if he hadn't, we would be experiencing some of the same problems in other places right now ) war in itself is not a sin. Think of Sgt. Alvin C. York, who before the time of WW1, had become a Christian. He wrestled with the thought of war and killing his fellow man but upon realizing he had a duty to perform ( Render unto Ceaser what is Ceasers, render unto God, what is Gods.) He went to war, did his duty valiantly, and then returned to the U.S. Not to mention he did not "cash" in on his heroics and most honorable service. War is not sin, killing your own people when you are responsible for their well being, THAT is a sin. Controversial things happen in war. History always bears that out and it will tell the "should'ves, would'ves, could'ves." Hindsight is always 20/20. But for now, we should stand behind our President and pray for him as he starts his second term. I do not always agree with him, but I believe he is up to this task much more than either of the men that ran against him for the office. JMO. P.S. There are causulties on both sides and are not always physical or military only. I agree, sadly, it happens in any war or conflict.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The real issue here is, is our government corrupt? The answer is a resounding, YES!

And this surprises you........how?

Would it surprise you to know that in the history of mankind there has not been so much as one single human government free from corruption of some kind ? I think you're fooling yourself if you believe that our government is any different.

No disrespect to you, Michelle, but I think that even a 12 year old even has this kind of understanding.

So the "issue" here is not what our government is allegedly doing or not doing. It should be what are you doing to further the Lord's interests on the earth. Corrupt governments plauge the earth, and they will continue to do so with increasing persecution of believers everywhere. Simply warning people that the boogeyman is out to get them is insufficient in producing full-grown and strengthened kingdom people who will fight for the Lord's purpose. So instead of being a herald of doom and gloom, why not be a herald of Christ's great love and mercy?

mdulin2004,Jan 21 2005, 03:00 AM

For anyone who has been following this issue they know that this weblog only confirms and verifies the facts.  This is not an isolated account.

the only fact that is verified in that story is that we are cleaning up the neighborhood. Is there something wrong with that?

As far as any human being compared to a bug, I think that is a sad remark to come from the mouth of a follower of Jesus Christ and believer of the scripture that teaches us that man was created in the image of God, not rodents.

point of clarification; a bug is an insect not a rodent. A bug is a nuisance. Have you ever killed an insect? Swatted a fly? Dusted a flea? Poisoned a cockroach?

here's what King David has to say about it.

Psalm of David.

The LORD shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion.

Rule in the midst of Your enemies!

Your people shall be volunteers

In the day of Your power;

The Lord is at Your right hand;

He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.

He shall judge among the nations,

He shall fill the places with dead bodies,

He shall execute the heads of many countries.

Dehumanizing muslims and stigmatizing them as liars is not the way to address the issue.

That was never my intent...but we are talking about a muslim from FALLUJAH. Do you not know that this was the headquarters for Al Zachari? He filmed all the beheadings IN THIS CITY. Surely his neighbors heard the screaming? The entire city gave him support. This city should be reduced to rubble as an example.

The real issue here is, is our government corrupt?  The answer is a resounding, YES!

All government everywhere is corrupt. Ours is one of the few which is held accountable by it's citizens. Most Americans think Bush is doing the best he can with a bad situation.

There are probably a few vacant houses in Fallujah if you think America is too corrupt.

And of course....Bush did it so Enron and Halliburton could monopolize the real estate market. That's what I heard on the Al Jazeera weblog....so it must be true.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

War a sin?? Huh??? Okay, who will be the first to put GOD on trial?? Geesh.

And don't even start me on those who get their "news" from hate-American sites.

Whatever.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/19/1969

I don't even know how to begin to respond to the responses I have received on this post.

I am simply stating a fact. This information is readily available to anyone interested, its not based on just one blog. I read the news everyday regarding our administration, again, this is not an isolated issue.

I didn't come here to argue or defend myself. If our government is corrupt, then we need to ask ourselves what considerations we must take individually, that's all. Consider. Goodnight, enjoy the topic.

Prophecy Watcher

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

As I understand it. Sin is missing God's mark or going against God. To say that WAR=SIN would make God a sinner himself. Just read the Book of Joshua from about chapter six and on. Not that I like war. I hate it but I don't think that war in itself is a sin. I guess it has to be justified. Saddam would not come clean about his WMD and President Bush was left with just having to take his( Hussain's) word on it. So we went to war and the WMD have either been taken out of the country or well hid. If he didn't have them then he should have simply complied with the UN(Useless Nations) guide lines. He choose to play cat and mouse with the inspectors. And now we are starting to see the truth about the UN aren't we? One thing we know for sure he did have was the ability to produce WMD and in short order. We also know that sooner or later Hussain would be replaced by those two fun loving, warm ,sweet and teddybear-like sons of his. Not a good thing! Maybe the biggest mistake was not dusting Hussain back in 91. But I don't blame that on Bush 1 because the UN charter said only to remove Saddam from Kuwait and not to take him out.

Lesson? Hmmm Maybe stop listening to the UN. I hope they leave the US and soon. A pre-emptive war in the 1930s against a gathering threat(Hitler) might have cut down on the 50 million lost in WW2. Would that have been sinful? Just my take on it.

Dan

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Simply remind our Muslim friends in Fsallujah & elsewhere that this is war. Not nice, but then generated by Islamic mass-murder of thousands in WTC 9/11. Were those Muslim friends expecting chimes?

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If our government is corrupt, then we need to ask ourselves what considerations we must take individually, that's all.