IGNORED

Gay Group: "Shut Down Churches that Are Against Gay Marriage"

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

One radical homosexual activist group in Wyoming is demanding that churches who oppose gay marriage be shut down or lose their 501c3 status.

I cannot post a link to the article because the comment section is filled with rants laced with profanity.   But he article can be found if you want to read it.

http://toprightnews.com

Guest LadyC

i heard about that yesterday. it seems has been the ultimate goal all along... or at least part of it. or maybe it's just morphed into it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well they sorta started in the wrong state, I don't see Wyomingites standing for that kinda junk just yet, but time will tell.

Guest shiloh357

I thought it was interesting that it started there of all places.   You'd expect it in San Francisco or New England, but not in the heart of cowboy country.  That it was able to start in WY tells me that it is not far from spreading to the progressive (liberal) states.  And if it gains a lot of traction, politician's, who are more interested in re-election than truth, will back it if it comes down to it.  They will support whatever gets them re-elected.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm starting to envision large groups of people gathering rather large rocks on the weekends.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I thought it was interesting that it started there of all places.   You'd expect it in San Francisco or New England, but not in the heart of cowboy country.  That it was able to start in WY tells me that it is not far from spreading to the progressive (liberal) states.  And if it gains a lot of traction, politician's, who are more interested in re-election than truth, will back it if it comes down to it.  They will support whatever gets them re-elected.

it was probably started there by design-figured theyd be met with a good deal of resistance, of which they could then turn around and scream discrimination and hate about, and hopefully gain more traction. Everyone expects states like california to have such groups-but not wyoming. So Im sure its all part of a plan to get the most media attention possible.

Guest Butero

This is no surprise to me, as I have been predicting for years that the same law that prevents churches from promoting politics could be used to stop them from speaking against certain types of behavior.  As such, for the churches to remain free, they are going to have to give up their non-profit status.  If I was going to start a church, I would never seek a non profit status.  It may mean a loss in the amount of donations, but keeping your free speech is worth it.  The time has come for the church to come out from among them and be separate.  I have come to the place where I have so little respect for the government's definition of marriage, I think the churches should boycott official marriage licenses and issue their own.  Will we lose those wonderful government benefits by doing so?  Sure, but we have to take a stand.  Maybe the loss of income to the states will make them re-consider gay marriage?  There are a lot more heterosexual couples purchasing licenses than there ever will be homosexuals.  Lets see if money talks with regard to marriage licenses. 

Guest LadyC

churches are allowed to promote politics!

as long as they are promoting democratic candidates. happens every four years. every democratic contender in every election i can remember has been invited to speak at liberal churches, and it's a media frenzy every time.

but i've never, ever seen a republican nominee speak at a church.