Hurt by friend

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have just found out that someone I thought of as a good friend has talked about me behind my back on more than one occasion, and not in a good way. Feel hurt and angered, I have done nothing to deserve this. Trying to let it go but finding that very hard. How do I handle this?

Guest Fish Catcher Jim

I have just found out that someone I thought of as a good friend has talked about me behind my back on more than one occasion, and not in a good way. Feel hurt and angered, I have done nothing to deserve this. Trying to let it go but finding that very hard. How do I handle this?

Hello rhondaswan1,

I know how hard this time is and how much hurt there can be in feeling betrayed like that. Been there and done that and once I finally went at it in the way God tells us to it became easier and the hurt left. First thing be thankful that you have learned this now and can deal with.

Forgiveness and walking in Love is the only way to get through this and yes I know it sounds down right impossible right now but it is only as hard as you make it. The best way I found to let things go like this is to pray for those who hurt you. Not a prayer saying fix them or punish them or stick up for my rights type of prayers.

No, the type of praying you need to do is lifting them up. Praying blessings on them. Pray no one will ever hurt them like they did you.

Release the power of forgiveness and love into their life. God tells us in ............................

Mark 11:25 when ye stand praying......forgive.....if you have any aught against any......so your Father which is in Heaven....may forgive you your trespasses.

It may seem hard at first and you may have to ask Him to forgive you a hundred times each day for allowing anger back in but this too shall pass....Hint when you truly enter into prayer and lifting some one up with your heart.......you will find it very hard to keep getting hurt or angry with them.........

This is what helped me and I hope it helps you too

Blessings and all this shall pass away too

jim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Have you spoken to the individual about this?  Is it possible what you heard was never said, or did you hear it with your own ears?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Forgiveness is always tough.  It's something you have to hand over to God and let Him do His Work through you. Be Still and know that He is God.  When the forgiveness is there in your life, it will change you.  I would then confront this person letting them know what was said but that you had forgiven them.  Then they will either admit to what they did or deny it.  Either way your free and can go on with your life and let God deal with them.  Remember to pray for them who despitefully use you.  Jesus said that.

Because He Lives!! 

RustyAngeL

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/09/1987

Never let anything said bring you down. I pray that you will have comfort through this. Remember to always forgive those who hurt you, it doesnt mean to you have to stay friends forgive so you can walk away with out bitterness. Let God use this situation for the greater in the future. God will heal any hurt. Blessings. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Praying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

One of the hardest things for us a Christians and humans is to forgive someone who has wronged us. We are angered, hurt, and want to retaliate...but the hardest thing is to forgive....yet it is the best thing for us ...it heals us....the other person may not accept our 'I forgive you' but it puts the ownset on them. If we truly forgive it lightens our burden and hurt and puts the burden on to their shoulders.

Forgivess us always to help us ....not necessarily the one who did us harm unless they accept their part in the offence and apologize.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/08/1987

i think you must just forgive  your friend and forget what you come to know . just love him/her .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings rhondaswan1

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am very glad you have come to join us & to God be the Glory.......I am going to suggest that you re-post this question in perhaps a forum like "Looking for advice" or maybe "Am I Alone",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this particular forum is one where each reply must have moderator approval before it can be posted,it is for the "Seekers" & you may have to wait longer for responses because of this plus I believe you will get more flow of traffic in a more appropriate forum ,,,,,,,,,,also,please refrain until you have had 5 posts,let me encourage you to begin a thread in out Welcome Forum,that is where members of this Ministry come to meet ,greet & welcome you & you tell us a little about yourself..............& then you will only need 3 more posts & you can start your own thread in tin the proper forum.you can reply to each of your welcomes & your posts add up quickly!!!!!!I do hope this helps you a little & now for your question

Sooner or later we will always be disappointed by someones actions or hurt by their words,it is inevitable and there is nothing we can do about it,,,,,,we are not accountable for anything anyone else does but we are ALWAYS accountable for our own actions & words & RE-actions,,,,,We cannot do anything about things we have no control over but what we do have control over is what can make the wrld of difference,especially as a christian & as Ambassador for Christ

Oh,I am assuming you are a Christian,are you? Well,as Christians we are going to get hurt just like anyone else but we should not re-act as anyone else would as we are not OF the world,,,,we must pray the heart & Mind of Christ & put away our very own feelings,,,,,,hearing that a "friend" does not have anything nice to say about you really tells you that they were not a true friend after all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they need your prayers,they need your forgiveness,you need to forgive,,,,even if they have not asked for forgiveness(just as you want God to forgive you),,,,,,Anger is not anything we want to hold on to,let it go,,,,& it easy when you ask the Lord to help you forsake that spirit,what good is there in getting angry? It does not take those words away,it will not repair this broken relationship(it only makes it worse) & it eats YOU up inside,,,,,,,,pray,ask the Lord ,the Prince of Peace to brIng you Peace & by the POwer of the Holy Spirit be Comforted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,move on my dear one & if you ask God to direct your footsteps He will show you the way to some really good friends,His children,Brothers & Sisters in Christ..............He lead you here to us,didn't He? You see,you are Loved & I am glad you are here.....Praise & Glory to God in the Highest!                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik