missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

That is very encouraging news   :grin:

http://www.compellingtruth.org/seal-Holy-Spirit.html

Hello bopeep1909.

Does redemption, the absolution of sin, leave the Holy Spirit as whole as it first was introduced into a person?

Or does a more truth-filled person have a more intact Holy Spirit than a lukewarm truthful person?

In other words, does the degree of one's truth, faith, and unconditional love bear any degree of fruit at the time of redemption?

Just wanting to know.

Hi Raven

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When we first come to Christ, we are like children knowing nothing, except that we acknowledge Christ and that he has the power to forgive sins.

Confessing our sins, and having that change of heart to follow Christ opens the door to him.  A small measure of truth is first given, but we have to let the spirit of truth grow.  We can only do this by studying the Word of God.

I don't believe a person can come to Christ and have the whole measure of the holy spirit inside him, as the scriptures say that the holy spirit is what feeds us and guides us to all truth.

It's a process and takes time.  The more we study, and learn, the more understanding we will have, hence increasing our measure of the spirit.

Repenting and leaning on Christ is the milk side of it.  It's the start of a journey, but as we grow Christ wants to show us more so he will wean us of the milk when we are ready and feed us with more solid food.

It's this solid food that will show us things to come.  It will lead us to understanding all prophesies because Christ does not want us to be in darkness, but wants to give us the light showing us all things good and bad.

Our journey should end at understanding the prophecies.

Revelation 19:10   And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

To understand prophecy's is the level he wants us to reach, for when we come this far, we can have the full testimony of Christ.  We will know things only the holy spirit can show us through the scriptures, and even testify of these truths before hand.  Once all is done, and the Lord returns, he will see who holds the true testimony and who doesn't.  So it is our job to make sure that when he returns our measure of the holy spirit is full.  If it is only half full, we still have our reward, but wont have the full testimony of Christ.

My point, the holy spirit is the spirit of truth.  It's not about claiming to have spiritual gifts, and putting on a display, (for the devil can copy) but it's about feeding and nourishing our soul with the solid stuff, truth (This is one thing the devil cannot copy). This is what sets us free, the Truth, and we can only get that from feeding on Christ's flesh, not just what he did for us by giving his life, but what he left us to guide us with, his Word.  We have it in print and it's all in the holy scriptures.  The spirit of Truth will guide us into understanding his Word, for it is only given to God's children who desire it and seek it, and not given to outsiders or the enemy.  It's an inside thing, and most holy.

God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Does anyone know what kind of greater rewards some Christians will receive compared to others? Ezra's post #17 made me wonder.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

Please help me to understand.

How do you know whether or not the seal is an active thing preformed by the spirit alone versus the seal becoming active by our obedience to the spirits leading? To be clear an envelope is sealed by an outside source when a wax seal is applied. The envelope merely receives a seal. However a person can be given a raincoat but unless they put it on they have no protection from the rain.

In order to understand the "sealing" by (or of) the Holy Spirit, we need to back up and understand the gift of the Holy Spirit.  The gift of eternal life includes the gift of the Holy Spirit, and that is purely a gift of God's grace to the sinner who repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38; 10:44-47).  This is a result of obedience to Gospel -- repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21).  Other aspects of obedience come later, but do not alter the work of the Holy Spirit.

There are several things which the Holy Spirit does in and with the believer, including regeneration, santification, baptism into the Body of Christ, etc. at the time that He comes to indwell the believer.  

One of the things which He does is the "sealing", and to understand sealing we need to go back to the imagery of ancient kings and those in authority who applied their seals onto sealing wax over documents and decrees in order to guarantee (1) ownership, (2) security and (3) rewards. 

That is the meaning of the sealing by the Holy Spirit -- that the saint is the purchased possession of God, and his/her ultimate redemption (body, soul, and spirit) is secure. Hence "unto the day of redemption" (Eph 4:30). All of this is the work of God, and not dependent on the obedience of the saint, but the perfection of Christ's finished work of redemption.

Christians can do nothing to "keep themselves saved" because we are "kept by the power of God" (1 Pet 1:5).  However an obedient Christian life will make a difference at the Judgment Seat of Christ and the rewards handed out at that time.  While we do not earn our salvation, we do earn our rewards.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

Does anyone know what kind of greater rewards some Christians will receive compared to others? Ezra's post #17 made me wonder.

If you do a study of the various "crowns" mentioned in the NT, that should give you some idea that those who meet certain criteria will receive certain crowns. 

Furthermore, in His parables regarding faithful and unfaithful servants, the Lord did mention that the one who was more faithful received rulership over more cities, while the one who was less faithful received a smaller portion of responsibility. 

Since the saints will indeed rule with Christ, there will be varying degrees of responsiblity and spheres of influence, as well as other rewards and "crowns".  Naturally, we have only glimpses of what God has reserved for eternity.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Please help me to understand.

How do you know whether or not the seal is an active thing preformed by the spirit alone versus the seal becoming active by our obedience to the spirits leading? To be clear an envelope is sealed by an outside source when a wax seal is applied. The envelope merely receives a seal. However a person can be given a raincoat but unless they put it on they have no protection from the rain.

In order to understand the "sealing" by (or of) the Holy Spirit, we need to back up and understand the gift of the Holy Spirit. The gift of eternal life includes the gift of the Holy Spirit, and that is purely a gift of God's grace to the sinner who repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38; 10:44-47). This is a result of obedience to Gospel -- repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). Other aspects of obedience come later, but do not alter the work of the Holy Spirit.

There are several things which the Holy Spirit does in and with the believer, including regeneration, santification, baptism into the Body of Christ, etc. at the time that He comes to indwell the believer.

One of the things which He does is the "sealing", and to understand sealing we need to go back to the imagery of ancient kings and those in authority who applied their seals onto sealing wax over documents and decrees in order to guarantee (1) ownership, (2) security and (3) rewards.

That is the meaning of the sealing by the Holy Spirit -- that the saint is the purchased possession of God, and his/her ultimate redemption (body, soul, and spirit) is secure. Hence "unto the day of redemption" (Eph 4:30). All of this is the work of God, and not dependent on the obedience of the saint, but the perfection of Christ's finished work of redemption.

Christians can do nothing to "keep themselves saved" because we are "kept by the power of God" (1 Pet 1:5). However an obedient Christian life will make a difference at the Judgment Seat of Christ and the rewards handed out at that time. While we do not earn our salvation, we do earn our rewards.

So you know this through human reasoning rooted in your personal perception of scripture?

I am asking how do people know which it is.

~

The

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

Sealing

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

As I See It

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

~

The

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

Sealing

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

As I See It

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

Thanks Joe. God in man speaking truth. If nothing changes then nothing changes.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

All the Bible talks about are the 5 crowns but I have read that there may be others that we do not know about.

In Revelation 2:17 the Bible talks about a white stone that will be given to us.This is some information about it:

http://www.gotquestions.org/white-stone-new-name.html

It is possible that some may get more responsible positions in ruling the Nations with Jesus.That is only speculation on my part.We can only imagine with our human minds and we will not know until we experience it.

Also I am a believer in OSAS.Which means some will get to heaven...barely.... and have no rewards at all.They will just be happy to be in heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

That is very encouraging news   :grin:

http://www.compellingtruth.org/seal-Holy-Spirit.html

Hello bopeep1909.

Does redemption, the absolution of sin, leave the Holy Spirit as whole as it first was introduced into a person?

Or does a more truth-filled person have a more intact Holy Spirit than a lukewarm truthful person?

In other words, does the degree of one's truth, faith, and unconditional love bear any degree of fruit at the time of redemption?

Just wanting to know.

Hi Raven

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When we first come to Christ, we are like children knowing nothing, except that we acknowledge Christ and that he has the power to forgive sins.

Confessing our sins, and having that change of heart to follow Christ opens the door to him.  A small measure of truth is first given, but we have to let the spirit of truth grow.  We can only do this by studying the Word of God.

I don't believe a person can come to Christ and have the whole measure of the holy spirit inside him, as the scriptures say that the holy spirit is what feeds us and guides us to all truth.

It's a process and takes time.  The more we study, and learn, the more understanding we will have, hence increasing our measure of the spirit.

Repenting and leaning on Christ is the milk side of it.  It's the start of a journey, but as we grow Christ wants to show us more so he will wean us of the milk when we are ready and feed us with more solid food.

It's this solid food that will show us things to come.  It will lead us to understanding all prophesies because Christ does not want us to be in darkness, but wants to give us the light showing us all things good and bad.

Our journey should end at understanding the prophecies.

Revelation 19:10   And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

To understand prophecy's is the level he wants us to reach, for when we come this far, we can have the full testimony of Christ.  We will know things only the holy spirit can show us through the scriptures, and even testify of these truths before hand.  Once all is done, and the Lord returns, he will see who holds the true testimony and who doesn't.  So it is our job to make sure that when he returns our measure of the holy spirit is full.  If it is only half full, we still have our reward, but wont have the full testimony of Christ.

My point, the holy spirit is the spirit of truth.  It's not about claiming to have spiritual gifts, and putting on a display, (for the devil can copy) but it's about feeding and nourishing our soul with the solid stuff, truth (This is one thing the devil cannot copy). This is what sets us free, the Truth, and we can only get that from feeding on Christ's flesh, not just what he did for us by giving his life, but what he left us to guide us with, his Word.  We have it in print and it's all in the holy scriptures.  The spirit of Truth will guide us into understanding his Word, for it is only given to God's children who desire it and seek it, and not given to outsiders or the enemy.  It's an inside thing, and most holy.

God bless.

Thank you Sister.

I understand what you are saying.

God Bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

All the Bible talks about are the 5 crowns but I have read that there may be others that we do not know about.

In Revelation 2:17 the Bible talks about a white stone that will be given to us.This is some information about it:

http://www.gotquestions.org/white-stone-new-name.html

It is possible that some may get more responsible positions in ruling the Nations with Jesus.That is only speculation on my part.We can only imagine with our human minds and we will not know until we experience it.

Also I am a believer in OSAS.Which means some will get to heaven...barely.... and have no rewards at all.They will just be happy to be in heaven.

That's interesting because I had a dream a couple of years ago about white stones. The dream was very long but here is the part about the white stones. It was at the time of judgement day, everyone (not sure if they were all Christians) was given a white stone and had to set it on top of some type of device that would test the purity of our hearts. As the stone ran through the tests it would change colours, it detected all the good and bad deeds we had done in life. At the end of the test the stone either turned white or blue. The ones with the white ones went to a certain place in heaven and the others somewhere else.