ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'll check that out tonight if my allergies act up again.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

those things are so cool....   i had to buy one a couple of months ago to keep an eye on my oxygen levels......   I smoked pretty heavily for a good number of years 30 years ago...   and I'm starting to pay a price for it.  Anyway when I get some kind of lung infection, or allergies kind of bad, my O2 levels drop down to the low 90's.  My doctor wants me to check it now and then to make sure it doesn't ever get down below 87....

When I get over the infection it goes up to 96-97 which is just kind of OK.....        Interestingly, my big toe checks about three to four % higher than my fingers.   No one can tell me why that I've talked to, .......    and pleast don't ask me why I know......   I'm dangerous when I get bored.

Gravity. If you want to check my hypothesis, stand on your hands for awhile and then re-check...

Actually there is a different more scientific explanation.

You first have to understand how the pulse oximeter works. The pulse oximeter works by shining infrared light through the finger or toes and measuring the amount of light that pass through (not absorbed) by the hemoglobin in the blood. It calculates the value of oxygen saturation base on the amount of infrared light is absorbed. The more oxygen rich blood the more light is absorbed. However light absorption also depend on the path the light has to travel, since toes are usually thicker than one's fingers, it would result in higher absorption of light compare to fingers leading to a higher reading of oxygen saturation.

I can't think of an explanation where gravity would play a role in oxygen saturation unless circulation is poor due to compression of body parts, but this would lead to lower oxygen saturation in lower body parts.

those things are so cool....   i had to buy one a couple of months ago to keep an eye on my oxygen levels......   I smoked pretty heavily for a good number of years 30 years ago...   and I'm starting to pay a price for it.  Anyway when I get some kind of lung infection, or allergies kind of bad, my O2 levels drop down to the low 90's.  My doctor wants me to check it now and then to make sure it doesn't ever get down below 87....

When I get over the infection it goes up to 96-97 which is just kind of OK.....        Interestingly, my big toe checks about three to four % higher than my fingers.   No one can tell me why that I've talked to, .......    and pleast don't ask me why I know......   I'm dangerous when I get bored.

Gravity. If you want to check my hypothesis, stand on your hands for awhile and then re-check...

Actually there is a different more scientific explanation.

You first have to understand how the pulse oximeter works. The pulse oximeter works by shining infrared light through the finger or toes and measuring the amount of light that pass through (not absorbed) by the hemoglobin in the blood. It calculates the value of oxygen saturation base on the amount of infrared light is absorbed. The more oxygen rich blood the more light is absorbed. However light absorption also depend on the path the light has to travel, since toes are usually thicker than one's fingers, it would result in higher absorption of light compare to fingers leading to a higher reading of oxygen saturation.

I can't think of an explanation where gravity would play a role in oxygen saturation unless circulation is poor due to compression of body parts, but this would lead to lower oxygen saturation in lower body parts.

It does shine the light through, but that light is actually a misture of red light and infrared light and it figures out the oxygen content by the difference in how much of the two colors are absorbed......    so the thickness of the toe should really not make a difference.....   and I usually check it along with my blood pressure while laying down so they are at approximately the same level....    I thought it might have something to to with the nails

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

lol.gif oo I do not know what kind of allergies you are suffering with.Hay fever or springtime flowers?One of the most natural antihistamines you can consume is local raw honey.Ever tried it?

lol.gif oo I do not know what kind of allergies you are suffering with.Hay fever or springtime flowers?One of the most natural antihistamines you can consume is local raw honey.Ever tried it?

Yes when I was in Sedona Az.    I was allergic to what the bees were eating and it caused an acute asthma attack and I came very close to dieing....   had I not had a nearly new inhalier I would have died.....   It took almost 30 puffs to finally open my passages up and the world was getting kind of dim and going around and around.....   and that much albuterol makes your heart do some really strange flip flops....

Yes when I was in Sedona Az.    I was allergic to what the bees were eating and it caused an acute asthma attack and I came very close to dieing....   had I not had a nearly new inhalier I would have died.....   It took almost 30 puffs to finally open my passages up and the world was getting kind of dim and going around and around.....   and that much albuterol makes your heart do some really strange flip flops....

Oh not good....you have asthma?

Oh not good.You have asthma?Albuterol can cause heart arrhythmia problems.Those who take allergy shots have to be monitored.That is not the case with honey.Some people have said that the honey was more effective than allergy shots.

kind of started in my 20's    Just another form of allergy....      I did the shots for about ten years and it pretty much stopped it, but my doctor retired and none of the new doctors would let me give myself shots, and my job kept me from being around when they were open so I stopped taking them.

kind of started in my 20's    Just another form of allergy....      I did the shots for about ten years and it pretty much stopped it, but my doctor retired and none of the new doctors would let me give myself shots, and my job kept me from being around when they were open so I stopped taking them.

It is risky giving your own shots unless you are a medical professional or have someone in your family who is in the medical profession.If they let you give your own shots they would be responsible if you had a life threatening reaction.Is it possible you could now resume the shots at a Clinic?

we are gone too much to do that on a regular basis.    We were gone 28 weeks last year...