• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

How do you explain this one? The only kind of anger I am aware of is a righteous anger.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Anger is not always a sin.There is a type of anger that the Bible approves.It is "righteous indignation". God is angry in Psalm 7:11;Mark 3:5 and believers are commanded to be angry Ephesians 4:26.

It all depends on how we get angry.Anger can become sinful when it is motivated by pride James 1:20 and when it is unproductive and distorts God's purposes 1 Corinthians 10:31 and when anger is allowed to linger Ephesians 4:26-27.

1) Be honest and speak Ephesians 4:15.People can not read your mind.

2)Do not let things build up until we lose control.

3)Attack the problem not the person Ephesians 4:29.Don't yell at others.

4)Act,don't react Ephesians 4:31-32.Watch how we respond to others.We can't control how others respond but we do have control how we respond.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The anger that comes from the world is life draining.  Anger mixed with unforgivenes will eat you alive just as cancer would when left untreated.  

We saw Jesus angry in the temple.  Some things are worth getting angry over but the trick is letting it go into the Hands of the Father and forgiving, letting Him deal with the end results.  Holding on to it will as I said destroy you.

Because He Lives!!

RustyAngeL

The anger that come from the world is life draining.  Anger mixed with unforgiveness will eat you alive just as cancer would when left untreated. 

We saw Jesus angry in the temple.  Some things are worth getting angry over but the trick is letting it go into the Hands of the Father and forgiving, letting Him deal with the end results.  Holding on to it will as I said destroy you.

Because He Lives!!

RustyAngeL

Yes,unforgiveness can bitter the soul.It is much easier to forgive if someone has apologized but that often does not happen.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

How do you explain this one? The only kind of anger I am aware of is a righteous anger.

Thanks.

If that was the only kind of anger, the injunction to "sin not" would be unnecessary.  There are two kinds of anger, one of which is sinful, and one of which is righteous.  Cain's anger (Gen 4:6) was sinful since it led to murder.  Christ's anger against those defiling the Temple (Jn 2:13-17 and other passages) was righteous because it was directed against the desecration of the Temple.

Christians are therefore exhorted to examine the nature and quality of their anger.  God does allow us to be angry, but only if it is righteous anger.  Anger against things which detract from the glory of God is righteous.  A good example is Phineas (Ps 106:30,31) who executed judgment when God was angry with Israel.  On the other hand, Moses paid a heavy price for his anger (Ps 106:32,33).  He was supposed to speak to the Rock, but he struck it twice in anger instead (Num 20:1-13).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Anger is an attempt to re-energize something back to its former self.

From a worldly aspect, it generally means to re-energize some untruth/misconception/deception such as the ego-mind or false-self in ourselves. Like regaining the darkness in validation and pride.

From a spiritual aspect, it means to re-energize some truth such as the spiritual-self or real-self in others. Like regaining the light in humility and serenity.

Edited by Raven

From a worldly aspect, it generally means to re-energies some untruth/misconception/deception such as the ego-mind or false-self in ourselves. Like regaining the darkness in validated and pride.

From a spiritual aspect, it means to re-energies some truth such as the spiritual-self or real-self in others. Like regaining the light in humility and serenity.

Hu? scratch.gif

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

From a worldly aspect, it generally means to re-energies some untruth/misconception/deception such as the ego-mind or false-self in ourselves. Like regaining the darkness in validated and pride.

From a spiritual aspect, it means to re-energies some truth such as the spiritual-self or real-self in others. Like regaining the light in humility and serenity.

Hu? scratch.gif

Sorry bopeep 1909.

I had a few spelling mistakes. The post was edited to....

From a worldly aspect, it generally means to re-energize some untruth/misconception/deception such as the ego-mind or false-self in ourselves. Like regaining the darkness in validation and pride.

From a spiritual aspect, it means to re-energize some truth such as the spiritual-self or real-self in others. Like regaining the light in humility and serenity.

I will explain further if you like:

Anger is about something that has gone off track to our expectations. Anger is an expressed energy attempting to fuel something back on track.

Example: Someone exposes me to be deceptive. My self-esteem (ego-energy) decreases and I feel invalidated. I use some body-energy into expressing anger (deceptively) in the hope of regaining my expectations and feeling validated again. If this deception serves my ego, I will feel energized in self-righteousness and pride.

Example: Greed, deception, and theft by money exchange is held in a place symbolizing charity, truth and giving (church). I use body-energy to express anger (truthfully) to regain good conscience (spiritual-self) into the minds of others. If this truth serves the conscience, it would energize their spiritual light by their return to being humble and meek.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

We as Christians will be made mad but we are to let the angry go.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  4,250
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Anger comes from resenting something that we view as unjust, incorrect, wrong to our point of view.

From anger builds resentment.

Christ Jesus did not hold unto His anger when he rebuked the money exchangers. He displayed it for them to understand that what they were doing was wrong.

He did not hold onto His anger, longer than to prove His point to them.

But Christ Jesus is Lord.

we are not

Christ Jesus teachings to us,

His end point of view was always forgive them, and have love for them anyway for they know not what they do.

Christ Jesus taught to turn the other cheek.

To walk away if not welcomed.

To love those who despise you.

To pray for those who hate you.

And to always have forgiveness in our hearts

(I personally believe that Christ Jesus did not believe in war either for us to partake in.)

Those who war are men, acting as the world does, and not exercising their full faith capacity of letting God handle the situation at hand.)

My grandfather when a young man found Christ Jesus in a dream. it changed him forever.

He was exposed to world war one and forced into world war two.My grandfather never shot his riffle at any human being.

He was shot in the leg, the wound became very infected, they wanted to amputate his leg,

but he believed more in God, refused the amputation, and his leg healed 100%.

My grandfather was shot just over the belly button, the bullet came out the back,

It never touched his spine or his organ, he just had the scar of a little hole in the front and back of his body

where the bullet came in and out

.My grandfather was place in two different concentration camps and survived.

My grandfather would talk about how the Holy Spirit of God would guide him, to go here or to go there...

My grandfather carried a bible with him wherever he went.

Once when confronted with the opposing soldier, instead of taking our his rifle to shoot,

my grandfather took out his bible and lifted it in the air. Somehow the opposition soldier also had a bible and they both lifted their bible,

walked to one another and embraced and then went their way.

My grandfather lived to be 98 years. He was the most loving and gentleman I have ever known.

He is the one who would ask me to read for him passages of the bible.

And to whoever he met, he always took the time to talk about Christ Jesus.

My grandfather was my biggest influence of what the meaning of christian love truly is

Though shall not kill is a commandment, there are no but if...

There are other civil ways to behave in the face of adversity.

And Christ Jesus teaches us to use those ways instead of the ways of this wold.

Christ Jesus teachings are made to educate us into civility.

To turn hate into love not by using hate again but by using love instead.

Their are many healthy ways to utilize the action of love in our behavior.

Those ways of Love your enemy are very foreign to our human nature.

When it was on t.v., in my area, I would love to watch the British nanny , she would come into the homes of parents with unruly chidren and turn the children into behaving ones.

She would turn around those children into well behaving children, not by violence but by sound civil solutions .

When one uses violence on a person, resentments build up.

When I grew up, even though my parents were professionals and looked good from the outside (appearance sake).

Once at home,  we children, my brother and me, experienced loud voices, swear words, braking of items coming from my father.

Also we were threatened to get the strap. Unfortunately, my brother got the worst of one of my fathers slapping him around.

I only got once slapped around and being told I was no longer daddy little girl.

Anger by fists, anger by words, are damaging, especially to young tender hearts.

I know that my brother and I were both affected by our childhood.

He  grew up to be completely cold and an atheist.

and I grew up to be a rebel, soul seeker for justice and peace, all the while filled with many resentments over my past, always trying to find ways to let go of them.

God has always been my refuge in trying to let go, forgive and move forward.

It has taken me years and years for healing to come forth.

The trouble is that the mind sometimes will not make you forget to easily.

Like a broken record out of nowhere it comes to haunt you.

When this happen to me, I have had to utilize all my christian tools that i have learnt over the years, to overcome the day when this broken record of the past reappears.

It is definitely not in my control when this record reappears.

But what is at my disposal to overcome that broken record, is to seek Gods help when it comes around.

Anger when kept to fester becomes resentment. You either lash out on somebody else (usually someone weaker than you) or you turn in unto yourself. (depression)

Resentments keep people sick.

form physical illnesses, heart troubles, organ sickness, cancers, mental illness like depression, anxiety and such.

Resentments=reliving same thing over and over in the mind, trying to make sense of it and wallowing in the hurt.

It brings many into sickness, depression, anxieties...

The bible talks many times about forgiveness.

It is for our own spiritual well being as it is also for our brother/sister.

I can't think of one time that my own anger having been helpful to myself or someone else.

Diffusing anger in a positive way, by objectifying the situation outside of your self like watching clouds go by, instead of becoming subjective (a slave to your thoughts, internalizing them and mulling them over,

becoming the thinker and not the thinking, has greatly helped me.

looking forward, not looking back. but keep looking forward.

and most importantly seeking God always.

Also letting go of the physical energy, by singing out loud, chopping wood, gardening, a relaxing hobby, praising God out loud, 

talking to a good christian friend, helping somebody else, placing it in Gods hands rather than our own.

Vengeance is mine says the Lord.

Letting go and letting God

are ways to diffuse what the enemy brings.

Love defuses hate