• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,245
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

This topic has come up on other thread where I was asked my thoughts. I have finally looked into God`s word to see what has been said. It seems to me that Jesus connected `the Last day` with the Feast of Tabernacles. (John 7: 2, & 37) Thus I looked into this.

Now I believe that God has given Israel a prophetic calendar with the festivals. There are three main festivals/feasts – Passover, Pentecost & the Feast of Tabernacles. The first two we know have been fulfilled, whereas the Feast of Tabernacles has yet to be fulfilled.

The Feast of Tabernacles was a 7 day Feast with a final 8th Sabbath Day.

`Speak to the children of Israel, saying: “The 15th day of the 7th month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days to the Lord.” ....on the first day there shall be a Sabbath-rest, & on the eighth day a Sabbath-rest.` (Lev. 23; 34 & 39)

So the Feast of Tabernacles is for 7 days, with a Sabbath-rest on the 8th day.

I believe that the Millennium is the fulfilment of the Feast of Tabernacles, where God will dwell with His people.

`And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, & to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 16)

The `7 days,` then, I believe means the complete fulfilment of that period – seven, Heb. `shaba,` meaning `to be complete.` Thus the end of the Millennium brings to completion all of God`s Feasts (except the 8th day) that He gave to Israel as an overview of His plans in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(New Heavens & New Earth.
......Passover,...Pentecost..............................................................Tabernacles & 8th Day. (The last Day)

The 8th Day / The Last Day.

`On the eighth day you shall have a sacred assembly.` (Num. 29: 35)

The 8th day is the final day of the Feast of Tabernacles. We read of Jesus going to the Feast of Tabernacles & declaring those wonderful words concerning the Holy Spirit.

`Now the Jews` Feast of Tabernacles was at hand.....On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood & cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me & drink. He who believes in me, as the scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (John 7: 37 – 39)

Jesus is calling this 8th day, the final day of the Feast of tabernacles, the LAST DAY, that GREAT DAY. Previously the Lord had told the Jews what would happen on the actual LAST DAY.

`This is the will of the Father who sent me, that of all he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the LAST DAY.

And this is the will of Him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son & believes in Him may have everlasting life; & I will raise him up at the LAST DAY.` (John 6: 39 & 40)

I believe that the Lord is referring to `all things` that the Father has given Him, & also `all people` that believe in Him. Both the `things,` & the `people` will be raised up on the LAST DAY.` Thus to me that is when God creates the New heavens & the New earth. Certain things will be raised up & certain people of the Jews & Gentiles will be raised up - the general resurrection. The two, `things & people` are linked by the Lord on the `LAST DAY, & will be raised up.

(Note: I believe the Body of Christ is not included in this as it was a further revelation by the Lord with details of their particular resurrection.)

This is what I think God`s word refers to as `the Last day,` & my reasoning. Now what are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hello Marilyn,

My first thought is this, when Jesus spoke specifically in regards to Lazarus, his sister responded that he would be raised up on the last day.  So I think that is problematic with your exclusion or separation of believers from this event.  Jesus did not correct her, and I think considering that Lazarus was brought back from the grave by Jesus, he was a believer.  Anyway, just something to chew on, God bless you sister.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

*The Last Day* is simply a metaphor for a period of time which will include the resurrection of the just as well as the unjust.  It is certainly NOT one single day, when we take all prophecies into account.

For the Church (the Body, the Bride, and the Building of Christ), "the last day" will be when all the saints are raptured/resurrected (1 Thess 4:13-18). It will also be the last day of their mortality and their imperfections. 

But that will certainly not correspond to the last day for the Tribulation Saints (Rev 20:4-6), nor will it correspond to the last day for the damned (Jn 12:48).

Hello Marilyn,

My first thought is this, when Jesus spoke specifically in regards to Lazarus, his sister responded that he would be raised up on the last day. So I think that is problematic with your exclusion or separation of believers from this event. Jesus did not correct her, and I think considering that Lazarus was brought back from the grave by Jesus, he was a believer. Anyway, just something to chew on, God bless you sister.

Hi wingnut,

I actually think it was us who were having this discussion, eons ago. Thank you for your reply & that is an interesting thought. I `m sorry if I gave you (& others) the impression that believers were excluded from the `Last day` resurrection.

As we know when Jesus was talking to Mary she said she knew that Lazarus would rise `in the resurrection on the Last Day.` (John 11: 24) Jesus told her that He was the resurrection & the life -

`I am the resurrection & the life. He who believes in Me, even though he dies, he shall live.` (John 11: 25)

Thus we see that Jesus is the resurrection & believers have life through Him. Israel knew there would be a Last Day, when some would rise to everlasting life & some to everlasting shame & contempt. (Dan. 12: 2)

Then the Apostle Paul was given further revelation that -

`...in Christ all shall be made alive, but each one in his own order;....` (1 Cor. 15: 22 & 23)

Thus we see that all are made alive, resurrected in Christ, but each in their own order. Israel knew of the `Last day,` for some life & for some everlasting shame, while to the Body of Christ there has been revealed to them when they are resurrected in Christ – before that event.

Hope that is clearer, wingnut. Marilyn.

*The Last Day* is simply a metaphor for a period of time which will include the resurrection of the just as well as the unjust. It is certainly NOT one single day, when we take all prophecies into account.

For the Church (the Body, the Bride, and the Building of Christ), "the last day" will be when all the saints are raptured/resurrected (1 Thess 4:13-18). It will also be the last day of their mortality and their imperfections.

But that will certainly not correspond to the last day for the Tribulation Saints (Rev 20:4-6), nor will it correspond to the last day for the damned (Jn 12:48).

Hi Ezra,

I agree with you that each group are resurrected in their order, which I think you are saying. However I do not believe the term `Last Day` is a metaphor as it is only used in relationship to the Day of Judgment.

`Jesus said – “he who rejects me, & does not receive my words, has that which judges him – the word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day.` (John 12 : 48)

`Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom & Gomorrah in the Day of judgment than for that city!` (Matt. 10: 15)

`And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, some to shame & everlasting contempt.` (Rev. 12: 2)

`Then I saw a great white throne .....And I saw the dead, small & great, standing before God, & books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their works,...` (Rev. 20: 11 & 12)

Israel knew of the `Last day,` the Day of Judgment & resurrection. That is the correct biblical term I believe. The other resurrections are just that, resurrections, in their own order as scripture says.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I agree with you that each group are resurrected in their order, which I think you are saying. However I do not believe the term `Last Day` is a metaphor as it is only used in relationship to the Day of Judgment.

Since the resurrection/rapture of the saints is the last thing from the Day of Judgment -- it is in fact the Day of Full and Complete Redemption -- it proves once again that *the last day* is simply a metaphor which covers a period of over 1,000 years. On the one hand it covers salvation, and on the other hand it covers damnation.  Sorry, but you need to revise your understanding to fit what Scripture reveals.

Since the resurrection/rapture of the saints is the last thing from the Day of Judgment -- it is in fact the Day of Full and Complete Redemption -- it proves once again that *the last day* is simply a metaphor which covers a period of over 1,000 years. On the one hand it covers salvation, and on the other hand it covers damnation.  Sorry, but you need to revise your understanding to fit what Scripture reveals.

Hi Ezra,

Thank you for your reply. Now I am not quite understanding what you are saying -

Since the resurrection/rapture of the saints is the last thing from the Day of Judgment ...`
Could you explain what you mean here please? And with scriptures.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Marilyn.

The answer is simple: The “Last Day” is not the same as the FIRST DAY! The Last Day is not a single day of 24 hours; it’s a day of 1000 years. It’s the FINAL DAY (because the Sun of Righteousness shall not set) of this Second Earth and Sky. After the Global Fire, the FIRST DAY will be the beginning of the Third Earth and Sky. (The “third sky” = the “third heaven.”)

Hi Retrobyter,

I agree that the `Last Day,` is not 24 hours & that it is the beginning of the `ages to come,` the New Heavens & New Earth. I see it as the 8th day is the start of the new week & the 8th day in terms of 1,000 years is the 8th millennium & so on. The 8th symbolically, I think means a new beginning.

Marilyn. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Marilyn C.

Hi Retrobyter,

I agree that the `Last Day,` is not 24 hours & that it is the beginning of the `ages to come,` the New Heavens & New Earth. I see it as the 8th day is the start of the new week & the 8th day in terms of 1,000 years is the 8th millennium & so on. The 8th symbolically, I think means a new beginning.

Marilyn. 

Right. Remember: Kefa (Peter) gave us the most general view of time:

2 Peter 3:3-13
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water (the first heavens [skies] and first earth):
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water (the Flood), perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now (the second heavens [skies] and second earth), by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire (the Fire) against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth (the third heavens and the third earth), wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

Each of these three “heavens [skies] and earths” are “ages” separated by the events of the Flood and the Fire. We are currently in the Second Age. The Third Age will begin with re-creation of the heavens and earth that John saw in Revelation 21:1-2.

Revelation 21:1-2
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

Yochanan (John) notes that the “new heaven [sky]” and the “new earth” are different in kind than "the first heaven and the first earth” because the Flood did not chemically change the ground and the atmosphere like the Fire will.

A New Beginning indeed!