Duggar family

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I think the issue for me with all of this is the cover up.  There was no justice served as I see it.  If Josh had been held accountable then there really wouldn't be anything to complain about.  I also think it is foolish to put one's self under the microscope with a skeleton like this in the closet.  This family should have never been on TV in the first place, and he certainly never had any place accepting a job with the FRC.

As far as judging, well, fellow believers are the only ones we are supposed to examine, so I think people have this completely backward.  I suspect Josh needed to be held accountable for his actions, and all things are brought to light in good time.  This may be a blessing in disguise for him personally.  Sadly, what this has done is paint Christianity in a bad light, which reflects on all of us, and more importantly takes away from Jesus.

Guest Butero

From my understanding, he was a child when this occurred, and the family did handle it the best way they knew how.  It may not be how we would have handled it, but not being in their position, who knows.  Yes, I do see the Dugger family as a good example.  I think they have done the best job they know how, and if people are going to attack them for a 14 year old's bad behavior, then the same thing can be done to any other parent who has a child do something wrong.  It is always their fault.  Sorry, but this is nothing more than an attack on the Duggers by people who are trying to justify their own lives.  They don't like the high standards the Dugger family promotes, and they are looking to find fault to make themselves look better.  I personally don't know how anyone would handle something like this until they have to deal with it in their own family.  I still look at the parents as good role models.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

First of all, none of us are in a position to forgive Josh Duggar.  The ONLY people who can forgive him are the Lord and the victims.    He did not wrong me and so I don't need to forgive him. 

This issue is between the Duggars, the Lord and the victims.   This happened when Josh who is now 27, was a teenager.   It was not family secret.   They have already dealt with this openly.   The media doesn't the family's stance against gay marriage and so they dredged this up  from 10-12 years ago to smear them.

No, this does not make them hypocrites.    Hypocrites are people who condemn others for the same sins they justify in themselves.   The Duggars are not doing that.

I agree with this. 

Guest LadyC

My opinion is that a 14 year old manually penetrating his younger sisters goes way beyond "normal teen curiosity".  Yes, he was a "child", but he certainly knew it was wrong!  Victims of incest/molestation suffer inside for decades afterward.   

tell me what your source is for his "manually penetrating" anybody. i've read numerous reports of this and "inappropriately touching" is the strongest allegation i've seen.

Guest Butero

He was a child when this happened.  If an adult were to mess with a person of his age, they would be guilty of child molestation or statutory rape.  That is because he was considered too young to be looked at as an adult.  Children are curious about things like sexuality, and while there is no question what he did was wrong, it is not like an adult messing with children.  The Dugger family handled things according to their conscience.  They didn't ignore it.  What were they supposed to do?  Hand their child over to the authorities to be prosecuted.  I don't even have children, but I know I wouldn't have done that.  As a parent, I would want to protect my child.  I just don't see the big scandal everyone is making out like there is. 

He was 17 when he did this as far as anything I have seen officially on this.  Now what I do is put myself back at 17, and the thought never even entered my mind to do that.  I'm sorry, but here in Michigan if you urinate in public you are a registered sex offender.  That means you can't get a job around children, no church that does a background check is going to allow you to work in the nursery or youth ministry.  I am simply talking about something not all that complicated, it was a poor decision to put yourself under a microscope with that kind of history.  Had this been introduced on the show from the start, then I have nothing to question.  What I see in silence is guilt, shame, and I think this is probably the best thing for Josh.  Why should a believer be ashamed of something forgiven them?  Don't our testimonies show His strength, where He brought us from to where we are now?  Isn't that what showing fruits is all about?

I don't have anything against this family, the family didn't do it, he did.  Putting yourself in the spotlight of national attention, you have to not think of just yourselves, but of whom you represent.  Not to mention, the alleged victims are his younger siblings according to what I have seen.  I haven't seen one official document regarding juvenile proceedings, so I am not sure why others believe there are.  Here juvenile records are sealed, maybe it is not the same in other places, so I have to wonder how anyone could know about records.  What you can find out, is if they exist, or if there is no file on the matter.

The bottom line, I am praying for that family, what an awful place they all find themselves in right now.  I am also praying for Josh, that regardless of anything else, he grows in his relationship with the Lord through this time.  I never implied these are bad people, or that they are bad parents, in a family that large, it is not surprising that at least one of them has done something wrong. 

Guest LadyC

he was not 17.according to all reports that i've read he was 14 (according to some) or 15 (according to others) when his actions were discovered and dealt with. and WHY would you think a child (children actually, not just him but his sisters) should have had this disclosed to the world on national tv? what kind of parents would do that? that's absurd. it would cause more harm than the act itself did.

Why go on TV at all?  I haven't seen anything official stating 14 or 15, can you share the link to that information?