turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I am hoping to begin a thread that will become a tribute of sorts on this Memorial day. I would love to hear your thoughts on my question: "What does this holiday mean to you, personally?"

I know with a site of this large size and the body of Christ appreciating freedom...there must be some out there who would like to share their stories of family members or others they knew ( know ) who served their country.

To each who chooses to answer this, you have my thanks in advance. I have already paid my respects in poem form (one I wrote ) which you can find under the Absolutely Positive forum. I just thought that to be a fitting place to post it, although not sure how many read over there?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

A day on which those who died in active military service are remembered.

ad3ee9e1df2595ecaefa1b1fc0c07cc6.jpg

Amen. Thanks for being the first to reply to my thread. Hopefully, others will follow your lead & respond.

897c34086200cc26b203b1224ea6ef64.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you want the absolute truth, it makes me angry......    very very very angry.

If you want the absolute truth, it makes me angry......    very very very angry.

What are your feelings on this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

this isn't the thread to go into details, it's not what Turtletwo is looking for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

This is the holiday we should honor and remember our service men now serving, who have served and those who lost their livesin service for our countrys freedom.

:emot-handshake: Of course I want the truth! It hurts my feelings to think that you would think otherwise. It would be pointless for me to be asking everybody who reads this thread, if I didn't. Just for the record, I'm of the mindset that if people don't see eye-to-eye, we'll simply 'agree to disagree.' Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I apologize that my topic apparently touched on a raw nerve with you. But please realize that I don't know you that well to suspect that you ( or anyone, really ) would react in this way. You sounded offended and I have no idea why? :confused:  Please clue me in.

It is your First Amendment right to speak however you believe. I am genuinely interested in listening to your thoughts. You seem upset, though and I wish that you'd let me know what this is all about. Don't I deserve some clarification?  :noidea: Why did you even reply to my post? And in a mysterious way...as though you didn't have intentions of explaining WHY it makes you very very very angry?

Please complete your reason as to what about it makes you so angry, okay? I truly "don't get it." Imo, it is not very polite to even post a reply to tell only half the story and leave bopeep, myself and other readers here in the dark. After all, that was quite a strong statement to have made without any explanation attached to it. Contrary to what you may think, I DO care about your views. I read your post replies whenever I can. I thought all was fine between us... Maybe you could at least tell me if you are angry with me for asking this question? Or is it strictly that you hate Memorial Day itself? I only want peace and harmony with my siblings in Christ. You left me hanging, on a negative and confusing note. I am going through a lot with my mother dying and my own medical conditions. I pray you'll reconsider & tell me either here or in a pm. 

bopeep, are you asking what his feelings are about this...or mine? In other words, are you asking me what I think about him saying Memorial Day makes him so angry? Which one of us are you addressing? Sorry, but I am mixed up by the above emotional half reply right now. Just wasn't sure which one of us you were speaking to... Stupid question maybe. But my head is in a whirl right now.