IGNORED

A Long Hair, Tattoo Pastor

LadyKay

Guest Butero

Adam and Eve were not under the same law.  They were really only given one law to keep, and so long as they didn't violate it, they were ok.  The law of Moses applied to nobody all the way from creation till it was given to Moses.  From that time until Calvary, they remained under the entire law of Moses, and after the cross, only the moral laws remained.  Lets examine this for just a moment Firestormx.  Lets suppose you are right.  I am not one to take chances, so I don't let my hair grow long.  I really prefer to have a crew cut or close to it.  I would have to conclude that we should be more diligent in standing against women having short hair and men having long hair, because their soul would be at stake.  I know what the passage says, so I have no doubt God wants men to have short hair and women to have long hair.  The only thing to consider here is how aggressively we should stand for that passage?  If I see it as just a shame, I can speak what I know about it, but not call it a sin issue, and live and let live.  If I see it as a sin, I have to put it in the same camp as sins like adultery or drunkenness, and start really sounding the warning.  In other words, this doesn't make me re-think the meaning of the passage.  It just makes me more concerned for the souls of those who don't follow it. 

Anyway, thanks Firestormx.  I have always found your posts to be profitable to consider. 

Guest Butero

The scripture in Leviticus is what I point to concerning tattoos.  I am just saying that I believe the Lord showed me personally that the reason for the tattoo craze is because Satan is trying to get us to defile our temple, by placing graffiti all over our bodily temple and changing our God given natural image.  I don't expect you to accept that without the Lord revealing it to you.  Without the scripture in Leviticus, I wouldn't even speak against tattoos, though I could not get one in good conscience. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

The scripture in Leviticus is what I point to concerning tattoos.  I am just saying that I believe the Lord showed me personally that the reason for the tattoo craze is because Satan is trying to get us to defile our temple, by placing graffiti all over our bodily temple and changing our God given natural image.  I don't expect you to accept that without the Lord revealing it to you.  Without the scripture in Leviticus, I wouldn't even speak against tattoos, though I could not get one in good conscience. 

Nearly everything you've said there is pure speculation. That is not what is actually in Leviticus. I am not sure why you think we ought to observe this small item of Leviticus (which isn't about mere decoration anyway) but ignore most every other rule that applied to the Israelites.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

if you go back to the OT, the nazerite, was someone set apart by God, one of the things that showed they were set apart, was their long hair. Samson, was a nazerite. As christians, we are Gods holy people, set apart, from the rest of the world. We are the Nazerites of todays age, and therefore, it is a sin for man to NOT have long hair. (numbers 6:1-21)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

some will be unaccepting of those with them.

No matter what you do or what you look like. There will always be some who will not accept you. If we spent our lives trying to "fit in" with all people we end up driving ourselves completely insane as it can not be done. There are those who will not accept someone with long hair and tattoos. And there are those who will not accept a short hair, suit and tie. God's calling on each of us is different. Because we are all different.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Adam and Eve were not under the same law.  They were really only given one law to keep, and so long as they didn't violate it, they were ok.  The law of Moses applied to nobody all the way from creation till it was given to Moses.  From that time until Calvary, they remained under the entire law of Moses, and after the cross, only the moral laws remained.  Lets examine this for just a moment Firestormx.  Lets suppose you are right.  I am not one to take chances, so I don't let my hair grow long.  I really prefer to have a crew cut or close to it.  I would have to conclude that we should be more diligent in standing against women having short hair and men having long hair, because their soul would be at stake.  I know what the passage says, so I have no doubt God wants men to have short hair and women to have long hair.  The only thing to consider here is how aggressively we should stand for that passage?  If I see it as just a shame, I can speak what I know about it, but not call it a sin issue, and live and let live.  If I see it as a sin, I have to put it in the same camp as sins like adultery or drunkenness, and start really sounding the warning.  In other words, this doesn't make me re-think the meaning of the passage.  It just makes me more concerned for the souls of those who don't follow it. 

Anyway, thanks Firestormx.  I have always found your posts to be profitable to consider. 

Yes, maybe we can get into a conversation about that verse again in the future. I just have always had trouble getting around verses like the one about Jesus appearing to Ananias and telling him to go to Saul to lay hands on him. If he would have told Jesus yes I will go, but then after Jesus left changed his mind and not went like he was told to, would it have been sin to disobey Jesus? If yes, what law would Ananias have transgressed? Law in that verse( to me ) has to mean the revealed will and word of God. It's the only meaning of Law for that verse that covers everything. Anyways thanks for the conversation . 

Guest Butero

I see what you mean Firestorm.  If God tells us to do something directly, obviously he would expect us to obey him.  Good point.

@ Patriot, we are not Nazarites.  If we were Nazarites, then there are all sorts of other things we would have to do in addition to not cutting our hair, like shaving our head if we somehow did something to break the Nazarite vow before it was completed, or shaving our head once the vow ended if there was an end date.  Drinking of any alcohol would be a sin for every Christian.  No Patriot, we are not all Nazarites.  I know for a fact I didn't take a Nazarite vow.

@ Alphaparticle, if I am told point blank not to print marks on my body, I am not going to print marks on my body, period.  There is no speculation at all in that.  The only possibly point you might have is if you can convince me that was a law of separation, which I don't believe it to be. 

Guest Butero

I get the point about some not accepting us no matter what LadyKay.  I don't do things just based on acceptance.  I try to look at what God says is right and wrong and follow him.  I have gone the extra mile for the sake of others, like getting rid of a mustache I used to have because some were offended by it in a Holiness church I was pastoring, but it wasn't because it was a sin in itself, but because it was an unnecessary obstacle to my ministry.  It didn't hurt me to be clean shaven to get rid of the distraction, though it took some getting used to on my part. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

butero, it is clearly, in the context, a rule that applies specifically to the Israelites given the explanations for the rule in the verse itself. The verses in question fairly clearly don't apply to mere decoration. Your interpretation of 'why' is what is highly speculative.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I see what you mean Firestorm.  If God tells us to do something directly, obviously he would expect us to obey him.  Good point.

@ Patriot, we are not Nazarites.  If we were Nazarites, then there are all sorts of other things we would have to do in addition to not cutting our hair, like shaving our head if we somehow did something to break the Nazarite vow before it was completed, or shaving our head once the vow ended if there was an end date.  Drinking of any alcohol would be a sin for every Christian.  No Patriot, we are not all Nazarites.  I know for a fact I didn't take a Nazarite vow.

@ Alphaparticle, if I am told point blank not to print marks on my body, I am not going to print marks on my body, period.  There is no speculation at all in that.  The only possibly point you might have is if you can convince me that was a law of separation, which I don't believe it to be. 

so, your not set apart?