IGNORED

Acts 12:15 (Peter Mistaken for his Angel)

joejkljkl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings  joejkljkl,,,,,

They knew where Peter was(was supposed to be),so it could not possibly be Peter,in their minds,,,,,,,,,,,personally,I do not take their statement"It must be Peter's angel" as something very deep to read into,,,,,,,whether they meant his guardian angel,an angel impersonating him or just a messenger angel,I don't think it really matters,,,,,I believe the point is they were simply did not think it could possibly be Peter,how would he get out of prison,not possibility to them(especially before trial).........

They could have even said"It must be a ghost",like they said when they saw Jesus walking on the water in the storm,,,,,,,they were not considering the supernatural things God,,,,,,,,,people did not walk on water & people did not walk out of prison,,,,,,,

God Bless you & to God be all the Glory!!!!                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I believe in guardian angels. I believe that is what is being spoken of here. They thought Peters angel was at the gate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings  joejkljkl,,,,,

They knew where Peter was(was supposed to be),so it could not possibly be Peter,in their minds,,,,,,,,,,,personally,I do not take their statement"It must be Peter's angel" as something very deep to read into,,,,,,,whether they meant his guardian angel,an angel impersonating him or just a messenger angel,I don't think it really matters,,,,,I believe the point is they were simply did not think it could possibly be Peter,how would he get out of prison,not possibility to them(especially before trial).........

They could have even said"It must be a ghost",like they said when they saw Jesus walking on the water in the storm,,,,,,,they were not considering the supernatural things God,,,,,,,,,people did not walk on water & people did not walk out of prison,,,,,,,

God Bless you & to God be all the Glory!!!!                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

I agree with you kwikphilly and I think it is as simple as you have put it in your reply. People just don't walk out of prison cells with chains holding them unless it's a supernatural act of God. I thought Rhoda's response to a very well known voice to her which was Peter's and knowing he was indeed in prison at the time. Shook her up or excited her so much when she recognized his voice that instead of normally opening up the door and letting him inside she left him standing on the outside of the door and ran and told the good news to the others that he was not in prison but at the door as she heard him talking to her. Kind of like the woman at the well she went and told the people to come see a man who told her every thing she did. The supernatural acts of God can cause one to react in many different ways. Like those who were healed by Jesus some leaped with joy and reacted differently. After the resurrection Mary ran and told the news to Peter that Jesus has arose from the grave. Then the two men who walked with Jesus and didn't regonize him after he rose from the grave on the road to Emmaus after Jesus had departed scripture says there hearts burned within them at his words. I think God was not done using Peter life and "man" was not going to interfere or disrupt the plans that God had preordained for Peter's life. What God has preordained is supernatural for it is simply his will for our lives and he will bring his purpose for our lives to pass or to fulfillment in his timing and nothing can stop it. When doubting Thomas saw Jesus after his resurrection he reacted with doubt that it was indeed Jesus but Jesus said touch me and see put your fingers in the nails prints and touch his side where he was peirced and I think those when they heard the message of Rhoda that Peter was at the door responded with doubt as well to the message she was giving them of Peter's freedom from prison and his presence at the door.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Ehggzactly!,,,,,,,Amen to that,Openly.......Reading your reply also brought to my mind ,Jacob wrestling with "the man",,,,,,,Ahh,the Angels unaware and all that good stuff!!!!             GLORY TO GOD!!!!                                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Here's what I think: They thought it was Peter's angel because personal angels take on the form and speak in the same voice of their human. I believe they do this in an attempt to understand their human better.