ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

First there was supposed to be an ice age, then global warming, now just climate change.......and don't forget we were supposed to have an extra foot or so of the ocean level.  They change it as necessary to cover their statements.

There was never supposed to be an ice age, in the 70s time and Newsweek had competing articles based on the musings of a few meteorologist, it was never a position of mainstream science. The only real prediction of cooling from a scientist dealt with aerosols, which were then greatly reduced. So he may well had been right had people not responded correctly.

I was taught that there was going to be an ice age in school. It was back in the 60s and early 70s.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

First there was supposed to be an ice age, then global warming, now just climate change.......and don't forget we were supposed to have an extra foot or so of the ocean level.  They change it as necessary to cover their statements.

There was never supposed to be an ice age, in the 70s time and Newsweek had competing articles based on the musings of a few meteorologist, it was never a position of mainstream science. The only real prediction of cooling from a scientist dealt with aerosols, which were then greatly reduced. So he may well had been right had people not responded correctly.

I was taught that there was going to be an ice age in school. It was back in the 60s and early 70s.

as part of an 11,500 year cycle of the sun and tilt of the earth as I remember.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

You must have went to a very lousy school, to teach what science didn't even put forth.

You must have went to a very lousy school, to teach what science didn't even put forth.

I went to a very good private school, one that is still highly ranked today. 

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/1970s-ice-age-scare/

That links shows newspaper articles from back then that showed other scientists believed in that stuff. Not just hubert lamb. It was taught in schools as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I have a viewpoint that preclude truth? Really now, what makes you think your 'truth' is the truth and if I don't accept it I am opposed to truth. Please show evidence to support your point instead of stereotyping people.

Now please answer this. I thought you believe in 7day creation. How can 99% of all species that ever lived become extinct before man was created? Also, I know there are people that believe that there were no death before man sinned, if that is true, how does 99% of all species die before man was created. You really ought to get your story straight. If you believe in 7 day creation you are living in a lot of contradictions.

I'm not even talking about man caused climate change, you guys love to group everyone who have different view than you into a single group you think you know so well.

So I guess you believe man never hunted Sharks, Whales and Rhinos and plenty of others into extinction? It is actually pretty easy to cause mass extinction, you can see how fragile the environment is by dumping toxins into lakes and ponds, and see how many organisms actually survive. That is extinction on a small scale, now apply the same methods to our oceans. 

While talking about lumping people into a group, why do you use the term 'you guys'?  I think for myself and yes, I am a Creationist.  I believe the world existed for a long time before God created our species. And yes, most species are, indeed, extinct.  Again, you place man too high in importance if you think that the world is shaped solely by what we do....or don't do.  We are to be good stewards of the Earth...that's all; it doesn't belong to us.  And I'm proud of how far my country has come in cleaning up the environment.  Can't say that about a lot of other industrialized countries.  Btw, sharks, whales and rhinos are not extinct.

Ah I see, so you don't believe in 7 day creation. Let see how long it takes until some passionate people pounce you for that.

You assume much and understand little, uncertain.  I DO believe in a seven day Creation.  I also believe our species was the last created by God, just as Genesis tells us.  As for being pounced on well....I've been pounced on before.  Still kickin', my friend. 

Newspapers write stories to sell newspapers, lousy place to get your science.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s.htm

Newspapers write stories to sell newspapers, lousy place to get your science.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s.htm

Lol this website you posted is any better?

Whatever. I know what was taught. I know what was said. I know the names of the scientists who made those claims as mentioned in the articles there. If I had any real interest in showing you any more, I could do searches for the initial papers etc that made those claims. But its really not important. 

I have a viewpoint that preclude truth? Really now, what makes you think your 'truth' is the truth and if I don't accept it I am opposed to truth. Please show evidence to support your point instead of stereotyping people.

Now please answer this. I thought you believe in 7day creation. How can 99% of all species that ever lived become extinct before man was created? Also, I know there are people that believe that there were no death before man sinned, if that is true, how does 99% of all species die before man was created. You really ought to get your story straight. If you believe in 7 day creation you are living in a lot of contradictions.

I'm not even talking about man caused climate change, you guys love to group everyone who have different view than you into a single group you think you know so well.

So I guess you believe man never hunted Sharks, Whales and Rhinos and plenty of others into extinction? It is actually pretty easy to cause mass extinction, you can see how fragile the environment is by dumping toxins into lakes and ponds, and see how many organisms actually survive. That is extinction on a small scale, now apply the same methods to our oceans. 

While talking about lumping people into a group, why do you use the term 'you guys'?  I think for myself and yes, I am a Creationist.  I believe the world existed for a long time before God created our species. And yes, most species are, indeed, extinct.  Again, you place man too high in importance if you think that the world is shaped solely by what we do....or don't do.  We are to be good stewards of the Earth...that's all; it doesn't belong to us.  And I'm proud of how far my country has come in cleaning up the environment.  Can't say that about a lot of other industrialized countries.  Btw, sharks, whales and rhinos are not extinct.

Ah I see, so you don't believe in 7 day creation. Let see how long it takes until some passionate people pounce you for that.

You assume much and understand little, uncertain.  I DO believe in a seven day Creation.  I also believe our species was the last created by God, just as Genesis tells us.  As for being pounced on well....I've been pounced on before.  Still kickin', my friend. 

So you believe that 99% of the species that that ever lived also died on the same day God made them?

Newspapers write stories to sell newspapers, lousy place to get your science.http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s.htm

Lol this website you posted is any better?

Whatever. I know what was taught. I know what was said. I know the names of the scientists who made those claims as mentioned in the articles there. If I had any real interest in showing you any more, I could do searches for the initial papers etc that made those claims. But its really not important.

Did you look at the articles on your link? Pretty much all of them talked about the danger being from aerosols, which oddly enough were cut way back on, because of the threat they caused. Too bad they were smarter than we are today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

So you believe that 99% of the species that that ever lived also died on the same day God made them?

What on earth would make you ask that???