Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

If you have what did he look like, were you afraid? If you haven't would you like to see one or prefer not to? It seems like the few people I asked that question to said they would prefer not to see one because they would be afraid. I don't understand what it is that makes them afraid, especially if its an angel on God's side. Wish I could see and talk to one, maybe one day as I reach the summit of a mountain. I say a mountain because I might have more of a chance to see one as Jesus had to go on a mountain top to converse with God, Elijah and Moses, why a mountain? Moses also had to go on top of a mountain to talk to God as a large cloud hid the summit. Maybe because it's easier to hide from other's eyes with a cloud? Looks like I have two questions now as my mind wondered lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

I believe that angels exist in many forms and we see them often. They may be that stranger that helps you in your time of need or the homeless person on the street that shares a smile and reminds you that "your" problems aren't so bad after all.

You never know where they may be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I told you my story once before. I wouldnt mind seeing an angel again, but not under the same circumstances lol.

I believe the same C-Beth. I'd like to see one in its true angel form though, wings and all if it has any.

Hi AyinJade, can you describe what he looked like again? Was there any light around him or anything like that?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

The Captain Of My Heart

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. Joshua 5:13-15  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If you have what did he look like, were you afraid? If you haven't would you like to see one or prefer not to? It seems like the few people I asked that question to said they would prefer not to see one because they would be afraid. I don't understand what it is that makes them afraid, especially if its an angel on God's side. Wish I could see and talk to one, maybe one day as I reach the summit of a mountain. I say a mountain because I might have more of a chance to see one as Jesus had to go on a mountain top to converse with God, Elijah and Moses, why a mountain? Moses also had to go on top of a mountain to talk to God as a large cloud hid the summit. Maybe because it's easier to hide from other's eyes with a cloud? Looks like I have two questions now as my mind wondered lol

I think I have seen them and not known it was them.

Hebrews 13:2

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

It is not about chances. Moses went up to mount Sinai because God wanted him to. Jesus is God and talked with Elijah and Moses on a mountain because He wanted to. Remember how He was transfigured?

There seems to be two ways of seeing angels. When they appear as they are, I'm sure they are very frightening to us. They are spirits of peace (God gives a Spirit of peace), but they have GREAT power from Jesus Christ - the one who made the whole UNIVERSE

I also know that sometimes they do not manifest physically when they are around. Don't forget that they ARE spirits and not flesh and blood. 

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Psalm 91

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Hebrews 1:14

I know they have saved my life before! 

They serve Jesus Christ.

Some of them rebelled. God destroyed Satan on the Cross (even though Satan still roams). Why did He have to be tempted and die for us in order to destroy Satan? The Word of God does not fully explain this to my knowledge, but God IS all-powerful. 

Hebrews 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

This one, Satan, used to be an angel in the presence of God. God is love. God can do ANYTHING. I won't lean to my own understanding, but I can't wait until everything that is hidden is revealed. Many people ask the question, why would Satan even try? Well, he did and this was the result. More importantly, I can't wait until God is all in all.

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and nevershalt thou be any more.

In both cases, Satan is described as the spirit behind great rulers of nations.

Look at this - angels ministered to Jesus after His temptations:

There are 2 accounts

Luke

1And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,2Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. 3And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 4And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

5And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

9And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

10For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

11And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

12And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

13And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Matthew

1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Notice how an angel that used to serve HIM was the one tempting Him in the wilderness. After that, HIS angels ministered to Him. Think about who was being tempted here. Satan was tempting GOD HIMSELF.

This spiritual war we are in is much deeper than we understand. Most people completely ignore it and just live carnally. 

Satan said all the kingdoms of the world are delivered into his hands.

God said He will send angels from Heaven to minister to us in this cursed world.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

4 Then Peter told Jesus, “Lord, it’s good that we’re here! If you want, I’ll set up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 5 He was still speaking when a bright cloud suddenly overshadowed them.

A voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love. I am pleased with him. Keep on listening to him!”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know.

Hebrews 13:2  Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels