• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Your closest friendnt,

How kind of you to encourage me to stand my ground. Well as I hadn`t followed this thread further till I saw your post, I think I may have to say more. And `feisty` ay? Hope in the right way.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

We do not elevate the law, but exalt the Lord Jesus Christ.

Neither do we create a false dichotomy.  It is Christ who elevated the Law to a higher plane, and thus it is now the Law of Christ, and that is what is found in the Gospels and the epistles. 

Every teaching of Christ pertaining to the Law ultimately leads to the Law of Christ.  Therefore you do NOT exalt Christ by denying this Bible truth:  Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2).

Marilyn, as I said some time back, it is better to remain silent than to misinterpret Scripture and possibly cause someone to stumble or lead them astray.  We will be judged by every word we say or write, as George pointed out recently.  Matthew chapters 5 & 6 are an integral part of the Law of Christ, and if you wish to dispute that, you have a dispute with the Lord Himself.

Hi Ezra,

I think you would like me to remain silent, so I`ll just give you God`s word -

`There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit, FOR THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS has made me free from the law of sin & death, FOR WHAT THE LAW could not do in that IT WAS WEAK THROUGH THE FLESH, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin; He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the SPIRIT.` (Rom. 8: 1 - 4)  

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

How kind of you to encourage me to stand my ground. Well as I hadn`t followed this thread further till I saw your post, I think I may have to say more. And `feisty` ay? Hope in the right way.

Marilyn.

Jesus has teach us something.

Put on the new garment, and remove the paches of the old as you go along.

This applies to us all the time. There many who come along with good intentions and want us to put patches of the old on to the new garment, but you know that already.

I believe you are guided by the holly spirit, and that you have seen the light, that you can discern, that's a bewtifull gift.

God bless

Thank you again for your kind words. It is good to see each other in Worthy encouraging each other, & all the more as we see the day approaching.

Bless you, Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Pamela,

Since this is a section devoted to "Doctrinal Questions", answers to those questions (such as yours) must provide Bible doctrine backed with Scripture which has been properly exegeted. The Bible has the answers, and those answers can be presented as such.

So then are you saying that everything written in the bible, every parable, will have something else in scripture somewhere, to coraborate it?

" Some have a whole lot more of understanding, yes, but God does not give someone ALL the answers. ? "

so,  as it is written, before accepting anything(even from "Paul, Apollos, or an angel"

test

test

test

remaining always in prayer with thanksgiving,  test by scripture not trusting any man,

and

remember that there is a lot more error posted than truth.

the truth, the meaning, the revelation, rests with yahweh,  not with flesh.

Right, and Paul only wrote about what he knew. Not what he didn't.

Nice to also see closestfriendnt and Marilyn exhorting one another. Good reminder for us all.

Hi Pamelasv,

And I do like your always, interesting questions. Keep stirring the pot - as in making us think & search the Word.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

" Some have a whole lot more of understanding, yes, but God does not give someone ALL the answers. ? "

so,  as it is written, before accepting anything(even from "Paul, Apollos, or an angel"

test

test

test

remaining always in prayer with thanksgiving,  test by scripture not trusting any man,

and

remember that there is a lot more error posted than truth.

the truth, the meaning, the revelation, rests with yahweh,  not with flesh.

Right, and Paul only wrote about what he knew. Not what he didn't.

I think there is something important to add to this,  Jesus made a promise to his Apostles before he ascended into heaven.

He told them there were many things he wanted to tell them but they were not ready yet.  But he would send the Holy Spirit who would lead them, the apostles,  into all truth.

If Jesus meant what he said, and we know he did,  then he did send the Holy Spirit, and Acts records this happening, and then we know that the Holy Spirit did lead the Apostles into all truth.  This means there is no more any new truth, for all the truth God wanted given to the Church was given once and for all time to the Apostles and through the Apostles to the 1st century Church.     

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Nice to also see closestfriendnt and Marilyn exhorting one another. Good reminder for us all.

Nice meeting too, and I like your post.

And may God bless you.