• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

This is such a low point in our history, but I'm sure the progressives will find a way to lower the bar even further. Give them a year and what is shocking to our sensibilities now, will be the next hot topic this time next year, oh what new rights will be invented then?

To those that are despondent, retreat from the social and media scene and do something enjoyable with your families this weekend and next. Please don't subject yourselves to the gloating and celebratory activities of the winners.

As distasteful as it is from a religious standpoint, it is the correct decision legally.

If Social Security benefits, property rights, hospital visitation rights, tax filing status, and other legal issues are all tied to martial status there is no legal reason to deny those based upon our religious views.

Religion has nothing to do with it. We are not of this world, we are just in it until we are removed by the Lord. While I agree that this is not a battle that we, as believers, can win, it is not an issue that we should just accept and ignore. GOD made HIS legal system, and that is the one we are to follow. Not some man made system that is devised to oppose GOD's stated will.

God's legal system does not seem to address the civil issues listed above.

No offense, but have you read the Bible lately? GOD, in the OT, and Christ in the NT, said that homosexuality is an abomination. A sin is a sin, no matter what "civil" remedy that man comes up with to justify or ligitimize something. Social justice Christianity is a cop-out.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

For too long the US has been serving 2 masters. The choice has been made, and now it follows a master of its own making.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Whether America is the new Sodom or not, does not depend on the legal status of gay marriage. Immoral acts go on with or without government approval. Some of these acts, are between hetero adults even within the body of Christ.

1 Pet 4:

17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Marriage is not a civil right.  No one has a "right" to be married.   Marriage is a freedom and that is not the same as a right.    Rights are informed by our constitution.   No heterosexual has a "right" to be married and NO ONE deserves a special right simply based on the way they have sex.

Gays should never be allowed to be married and I know for a fact that my church will never marry gays nor submit to any law that says that we have to marry them.

Not yet but it is coming when a pastor will be in big trouble or jailed if he does not marry a gay couple.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

As distasteful as it is from a religious standpoint, it is the correct decision legally.

If Social Security benefits, property rights, hospital visitation rights, tax filing status, and other legal issues are all tied to martial status there is no legal reason to deny those based upon our religious views.

Religion has nothing to do with it. We are not of this world, we are just in it until we are removed by the Lord. While I agree that this is not a battle that we, as believers, can win, it is not an issue that we should just accept and ignore. GOD made HIS legal system, and that is the one we are to follow. Not some man made system that is devised to oppose GOD's stated will.

God's legal system does not seem to address the civil issues listed above.

No offense, but have you read the Bible lately? GOD, in the OT, and Christ in the NT, said that homosexuality is an abomination. A sin is a sin, no matter what "civil" remedy that man comes up with to justify or ligitimize something. Social justice Christianity is a cop-out.
I know I am getting older and my memory is going, but I am very certain I did not say homosexuality was not a sin.

So, no offense, but try reading what I wrote instead of making it up.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

Marriage is not a civil right.  No one has a "right" to be married.   Marriage is a freedom and that is not the same as a right.    Rights are informed by our constitution.   No heterosexual has a "right" to be married and NO ONE deserves a special right simply based on the way they have sex.

Gays should never be allowed to be married and I know for a fact that my church will never marry gays nor submit to any law that says that we have to marry them.

Not yet but it is coming when a pastor will be in big trouble or jailed if he does not marry a gay couple.

Not until another case makes its way to the Supreme Court, this ruling deals with the state and nothing else.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Although it looks like darkness is winning. God reminds us that when gross darkness fills the earth, then, our God will arise upon us and his glory will be seen upon us (Isaiah 60:1-2). I know this is somewhat odd, but it's time to rejoice in the hope that the Lord is risen upon us as He promised.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

for some reason this doesn't bother me. Perhaps it's because I expected things like this to happen. Should I be surprised or shocked if Hilary wins in 2016?

-Rev

I feel same way bro.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

So what will happen next. Will the churches be forced to marry.