Welcome and praying for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all for the prayers and advice, after much discussion with mentors and friends whom I trust dearly, and after much discernment I have come to these conclusions.

Yes. As of now the relationship cannot go on the way it is. That being said, I will specifically address the problems and let her know that things must change in these areas before marriage will ever be considered, I understand she was heavily influenced by her family and some friends who had VERY different stances than what the bible said. Her being a young Christian I'm willing to help her grow through this and continue, but until we see change in these areas, we cannot move on to marriage.

I love this girl, and I dont believe God is telling me to run, I believe he is telling me to be compassionate, understanding, and be honest with this, it is a slip up that definitely showed her bad side, but her being a young Christian tells me this is NOT who she really is in Christ, and that I need to see her through and stay to address these problems and see them changed through God.

She gets back home tomorrow morning, and when she is well rested and ready we will sit down, get through these problems that we can address, and see where things go from there. Thank you all again so much for your love, support, and encouragement, it is an AMAZING feeling to know I have faithful godly men and woman I can turn to for advice and wisdom. Bless you all for helping me. Hopefully this will not be the last you hear of me. As I would love to give back to this community in some way no matter what happens with my relationship. God bless, talk to you all soon :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

john, 

you cant shange the world sowhy you letting the world change you . foccus on the lord and although its sad about this gay stuff, dont let that come between you and her. and its a good thing to have two different opinions . if my bf was good with gays and i wasnt. well hes entitled to his own opinion. and i am entitled to mine. his liking the gay thing wil.l NEVER change my opinion that its wrong in the Lord eyes and mine also. but if you got love there between you two , go for it. someone said unequally yoked. yea well my parents were unequally yoked for years. my dad was muslim an my my mum a christian . but they LOVED each other  for almost 44 yrs till dad left this earth. and they never fought about religion , they fought about us kids . it can work but its hard. if she is your soulmate , that is what you should be asking God. not about the gay factor. the gay factor is like worldly stuff like so much other stuff. satan tries to pulll people away like this. with worrying . dont let him do that to you. stay focused and pray to God and ask Him if she is the right mate for YOU.

john,

you cant shange the world sowhy you letting the world change you . foccus on the lord and although its sad about this gay stuff, dont let that come between you and her. and its a good thing to have two different opinions . if my bf was good with gays and i wasnt. well hes entitled to his own opinion. and i am entitled to mine. his liking the gay thing wil.l NEVER change my opinion that its wrong in the Lord eyes and mine also. but if you got love there between you two , go for it. someone said unequally yoked. yea well my parents were unequally yoked for years. my dad was muslim an my my mum a christian . but they LOVED each other for almost 44 yrs till dad left this earth. and they never fought about religion , they fought about us kids . it can work but its hard. if she is your soulmate , that is what you should be asking God. not about the gay factor. the gay factor is like worldly stuff like so much other stuff. satan tries to pulll people away like this. with worrying . dont let him do that to you. stay focused and pray to God and ask Him if she is the right mate for YOU.

Thank you for your insight, homosexuality was not the over all issue here, the isse we ran into is that she is supporting the gay community which we discussed means she is disregarding biblical principles. I believe God wants me to be with a woman who considers God and his teachings (scripture) to be the ultimate authority in her life, if we cannot agree on that, I do not want to be with her, I know God has better things for me, if that is the case.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

that cool john. think with your brain and do what YOU  think is right for you . 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

john,

you cant shange the world sowhy you letting the world change you . foccus on the lord and although its sad about this gay stuff, dont let that come between you and her. and its a good thing to have two different opinions . if my bf was good with gays and i wasnt. well hes entitled to his own opinion. and i am entitled to mine. his liking the gay thing wil.l NEVER change my opinion that its wrong in the Lord eyes and mine also. but if you got love there between you two , go for it. someone said unequally yoked. yea well my parents were unequally yoked for years. my dad was muslim an my my mum a christian . but they LOVED each other for almost 44 yrs till dad left this earth. and they never fought about religion , they fought about us kids . it can work but its hard. if she is your soulmate , that is what you should be asking God. not about the gay factor. the gay factor is like worldly stuff like so much other stuff. satan tries to pulll people away like this. with worrying . dont let him do that to you. stay focused and pray to God and ask Him if she is the right mate for YOU.

Thank you for your insight, homosexuality was not the over all issue here, the isse we ran into is that she is supporting the gay community which we discussed means she is disregarding biblical principles. I believe God wants me to be with a woman who considers God and his teachings (scripture) to be the ultimate authority in her life, if we cannot agree on that, I do not want to be with her, I know God has better things for me, if that is the case.

A very wise decision John. For a Christian, marriage is a lifelong commitment and it is incredibly important to choose in a Spirit led and wise manner. In spite of what other people may tell you, there truly is a difference in people making a mistake (everyone is prone to mistakes, we still inhabit this tent, as paul calls it, after all) and when a person refuses to accept the word of God as legitimate. Others may tell you to throw caution to the wind and that love conquers all, etc. None of this is to say that a person cannot be saved and misinterpret the bible, (I'm sure every saved person has misinterpreted the bible many times! lol), but when you are talking about something as serious as marriage, an abundance of caution is wise and rational.

john,

A very wise decision John. For a Christian, marriage is a lifelong commitment and it is incredibly important to choose in a Spirit led and wise manner. In spite of what other people may tell you, there truly is a difference in people making a mistake (everyone is prone to mistakes, we still inhabit this tent, as paul calls it, after all) and when a person refuses to accept the word of God as legitimate. Others may tell you to throw caution to the wind and that love conquers all, etc. None of this is to say that a person cannot be saved and misinterpret the bible, (I'm sure every saved person has misinterpreted the bible many times! lol), but when you are talking about something as serious as marriage, an abundance of caution is wise and rational.

Thank you for that encouragement, I too believe I am coming at this with a good approach, I will admit, my original idea was that I needed to break it off because she was not handling this in a biblical manner, but I believe she could have been influenced by her family despite what she originally thought, and being away from home meant her only people to go to for advice told her very unbiblical things. I am praying that when she sits down with her mentor she will begin to see what God wants her to see, if not, I believe that is when I need to question whether or not she will ever truly hold the bible to the standards it needs.

I will be seeing her soon, and after that we hope for her to meet with her mentor, so soon we will see.

john,

Thank you for that encouragement, I too believe I am coming at this with a good approach, I will admit, my original idea was that I needed to break it off because she was not handling this in a biblical manner, but I believe she could have been influenced by her family despite what she originally thought, and being away from home meant her only people to go to for advice told her very unbiblical things. I am praying that when she sits down with her mentor she will begin to see what God wants her to see, if not, I believe that is when I need to question whether or not she will ever truly hold the bible to the standards it needs.

I will be seeing her soon, and after that we hope for her to meet with her mentor, so soon we will see.

I will pray for you both brother.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

Hi and Welcome, John.  :th_wave:

Btw, I disagree with others on this... let time pass and try to discuss (not argue)

with her... build bridges, not walls.

Good Christians strive to reach reconciliation and strongholds... not tear down

others. This (her point-of-view) isn't a Salvation issue, which is the place we all

come together on and can call ourselves brothers and sisters in Christ.

Well said!!!!   :clap:

....and a big Welcome to you, John!

Hi and Welcome, John.  :th_wave:

Btw, I disagree with others on this... let time pass and try to discuss (not argue)

with her... build bridges, not walls.

Good Christians strive to reach reconciliation and strongholds... not tear down

others. This (her point-of-view) isn't a Salvation issue, which is the place we all

come together on and can call ourselves brothers and sisters in Christ.

Well said!!!!   :clap:

....and a big Welcome to you, John!

I would not disagree with this track if it were not a potential marital situation. The problem is that when choosing a spouse there are a gamut of things to consider and how your potential mate views the scripture is an incredibly important one, particularly how they view God's authority on issues. This is ultimately a situation wherein the determining factor is whether or not one rejects or accepts God's sovereign right to decide what is right and wrong. If this were purely a friendship i wouldn't disagree with your advice, but this is a relationship that is headed towards a marriage. That changes things.