IGNORED

The 'Selfie' obsession - I don't get it!

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Narcissist ....what a man like Gaston.

b64e7e9852f7083b8886df98eb85ab5b.jpg

bd5a6d9ca942e5d957766d8d89820e64.gif

I love this

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I love this

Is this an a scene from 'The Bachelor'?

I love this

Is this an a scene from 'The Bachelor'?

What is The Bachelor?This is a scene from Beauty and the Beast.

I love this

Is this a scene from 'The Bachelor'?

'The Bachelor' is a t.v. show where one guy gets to date 25 women and week by week sends some home until only two are left.  The he proposes to one of them.  I didn't recognize the scene; I've never seen Beauty and the Beast. 

I love this

Is this a scene from 'The Bachelor'?

'The Bachelor' is a t.v. show where one guy gets to date 25 women and week by week sends some home until only two are left.  The he proposes to one of them.  I didn't recognize the scene; I've never seen Beauty and the Beast. 

Oh ok thanks for explaining   :mgcheerful: Beauty and the Beast was a Disney movie.One of my daughter's favorites.It was really good.I enjoyed it   :grin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,307
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

says fraulein the feline :45:

Fraulein hu?Hmmmm rock.gif interesting name.Where did that come from?

Gunsmoke :24: miss kitty

says fraulein the feline :45:

Fraulein hu?Hmmmm rock.gif interesting name.Where did that come from?

Gunsmoke :24: miss kitty

Ok...Did you fall off a chair again?  rotfl.gif

I just came across this MG.  Many of my FB friends are constantly posting updated photos.  Among mine, I have one selfie I took a long time ago wearing an Atlanta Braves cap, basically to show my support for my favorite team during the baseball season.  Most of the other photos were posted by family, and even the one I use as my main picture is cropped from a photo my brother took while I was at a ball game with him and my Father.  I am not into posting a bunch of pictures, but I have many friends that do.  It is very common.  It doesn't bother me.  I get to see them on their vacation, with their children, just living their lives through pictures.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  The only draw back for me is that their entire lives are exposed for any hacker to see.  Of course, that is their risk to take. 

There ISN'T anything wrong with posting a selfie once in a while and sharing vacation pics online. Nothing wrong with using a selfie for a profile pic either.  It's the obsessive posting that I'm trying to figure out.  I have friends who are posting 4 or 5 times a day on FB and Twitter and one of them is using photoshopping apps to look younger while another posts 'Kardashian' type' stuff.  Anything can become an obsession and I've now got friends that I never knew were so vain and full of themselves until I went back to FB after about a year.   These aren't teenagers; they';re in their forties and one is over fifty.  I'm trying my best to understand what's going on with them but, truthfully, I'm feeling less and less friendly toward them every time I go on FB.   

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/25/1995

I just came across this MG. Many of my FB friends are constantly posting updated photos. Among mine, I have one selfie I took a long time ago wearing an Atlanta Braves cap, basically to show my support for my favorite team during the baseball season. Most of the other photos were posted by family, and even the one I use as my main picture is cropped from a photo my brother took while I was at a ball game with him and my Father. I am not into posting a bunch of pictures, but I have many friends that do. It is very common. It doesn't bother me. I get to see them on their vacation, with their children, just living their lives through pictures. I don't see anything wrong with it. The only draw back for me is that their entire lives are exposed for any hacker to see. Of course, that is their risk to take.

There ISN'T anything wrong with posting a selfie once in a while and sharing vacation pics online. Nothing wrong with using a selfie for a profile pic either. It's the obsessive posting that I'm trying to figure out. I have friends who are posting 4 or 5 times a day on FB and Twitter and one of them is using photoshopping apps to look younger while another posts 'Kardashian' type' stuff. Anything can become an obsession and I've now got friends that I never knew were so vain and full of themselves until I went back to FB after about a year. These aren't teenagers; they';re in their forties and one is over fifty. I'm trying my best to understand what's going on with them but, truthfully, I'm feeling less and less friendly toward them every time I go on FB.
One first thing that seems clear to me is that the internet is one of the first big game changers. Or social media. Do people want to be seen? I guess so. But an obsession? Maybe? It might depend on the situation's they're in? - for example; someone posting things because he or she is not having much contact with friends, but that personen still wants some attention in a kind of way?

I'm not sharing many photo's on FB, just occasionally, with the bigger events that are important to me. It's hard for me as well to see selfies as an obsession, and the reason why might differ from personen to person but could a lack of friends or attention-seeking be the case?

Edited by TheDutch101