IGNORED

The 'Selfie' obsession - I don't get it!

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I just reactivated my Facebook page (my kids nagged me into it) and scrolling through it was quite an experience.  Do people really need to post every single thing they do?  And the constant selfies!  One old friend posted 16 in one day.  She's not a kid; she's in her mid forties and  just average looking but there she is ....in short shorts, tight dresses, low cut blouses in her car.  What?  I think this world has gone crazy.  I'm curious if it's just people I know or is this common to post pictures of yourself ad nauseum? This article makes some valid points. 

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2014/04/scientists-link-selfies-to-narcissism-addiction-and-mental-illness.html

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Maybe they think that everything they do and themselves is great.You know this "It is all about me" world.I think I have observed more narcissistic people recently than ever before.

Maybe they think that everything they do and themselves is great.You know this "It is all about me" world.I think I have observed more narcissistic people recently than ever before.

It's unbelievable what they post...and so BORING!  Either they really are narcissists or just really sad people with no lives.  Either way, it's disturbing. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yea vanity and a need for validation. They post selfies then go back to see how many likes they got. The tend to base their self worth off it, I think.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

You know, some folks like to take photos and post them. So what. Why so judgmental of them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I just reactivated my Facebook page (my kids nagged me into it) and scrolling through it was quite an experience. Do people really need to post every single thing they do? And the constant selfies! One old friend posted 16 in one day. She's not a kid; she's in her mid forties and just average looking but there she is ....in short shorts, tight dresses, low cut blouses in her car. What? I think this world has gone crazy. I'm curious if it's just people I know or is this common to post pictures of yourself ad nauseum? This article makes some valid points.

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2014/04/scientists-link-selfies-to-narcissism-addiction-and-mental-illness.html

Out of all my friends there are only a couple b or three that post a lot of pictures of themselves.

You know, some folks like to take photos and post them. So what. Why so judgmental of them?

No, no one's being judgmental of people that post pictures.  This thread is about people posting continuous, inappropriate and redundant photos of themselves on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  Trying to figure them out is not judging them.  People I've known for years seem to have lost their minds on social media lately.  I'm just not getting it. 

I just reactivated my Facebook page (my kids nagged me into it) and scrolling through it was quite an experience. Do people really need to post every single thing they do? And the constant selfies! One old friend posted 16 in one day. She's not a kid; she's in her mid forties and just average looking but there she is ....in short shorts, tight dresses, low cut blouses in her car. What? I think this world has gone crazy. I'm curious if it's just people I know or is this common to post pictures of yourself ad nauseum? This article makes some valid points.

Out of all my friends there are only a couple b or three that post a lot of pictures of themselves.

Have you ever posted a picture of yourself?  I can truthfully say that I have never posted even ONE.  I don't see what the motivation is but going overboard annoys your 'friends'. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

No, no one's being judgmental of people that post pictures.  This thread is about people posting continuous, inappropriate and redundant photos of themselves on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  Trying to figure them out is not judging them.  People I've known for years seem to have lost their minds on social media lately.  I'm just not getting it. 

That is why I do not subscribe to those sites.I just do not need it.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

THE SICKNESS

SELF CENTEREDNESS----->SELF ABSORPTION---->SELFIES--->SELF TRIVIA

THE REMEDY

CHRIST CENTEREDNESS