IGNORED

4 prophecies & 2 mysteries in just 2 verses !!

Serving

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi all ..

Thought I'd post some verses whose subject matter happens to coincide with several subjects that are being discussed lately on worthy .. and fortunately for me, Micah touches on these same subjects being discussed in just 2 verses.

The reason for me posting this isn't to distract away from the subjects being discussed elsewhere .. but instead, my motivation is to show that there is indeed a rock solid theme throughout the prophecies which support a certain discernment. And once this discernment or "picture" is comprehended, it only opens doors to other relative prophecies & mysteries .. whose result is to force the discerner to follow the trail laid out instead of trying to premeditate them with pre-conceived concepts / doctrines which only serve to confuse.

If we can become like little children & let go of all we think we know, & just be still for a while & listen to the theme already laid out for us in the written word .. then the scriptures will do the thinking for us & we will have passed one small hurdle in a long chain of hurdles we must endeavour to overcome for the glory of Christ our Lord and not our own.

Now below are the 2 verses .. read slowly & carefully ..

Micah 5:

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

3 Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

Done?

Okay .. so who would like to have a crack at identifying the 4 prophecies & 2 mysteries? (actually, 1 mystery is a prophecy as well, but lets not be too picky :mgcheerful:  yet !!)  

(PS >> No explanations yet please .. if you don't mind I would like it if you first identify the prophetic themes etc & then after that is done we can let the scriptures speak for themselves since these are laid out chronologically after all, as you will hopefully come to see &  then I will put forth a case based on the chronological theme & their meanings)

The prophecies :

1 >

2 >

3 >

4 >

& The mysteries :

1 >

2 >

So please have a go .. test yourselves as we are called to do by the Word.

Regards.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all ..

Thought I'd post some verses whose subject matter happens to coincide with several subjects that are being discussed lately on worthy .. and fortunately for me, Micah touches on these same subjects being discussed in just 2 verses.

The reason for me posting this isn't to distract away from the subjects being discussed elsewhere .. but instead, my motivation is to show that there is indeed a rock solid theme throughout the prophecies which support a certain discernment. And once this discernment or "picture" is comprehended, it only opens doors to other relative prophecies & mysteries .. whose result is to force the discerner to follow the trail laid out instead of trying to premeditate them with pre-conceived concepts / doctrines which only serve to confuse.

If we can become like little children & let go of all we think we know, & just be still for a while & listen to the theme already laid out for us in the written word .. then the scriptures will do the thinking for us & we will have passed one small hurdle in a long chain of hurdles we must endeavour to overcome for the glory of Christ our Lord and not our own.

Micah 5:

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

3 Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

Done?

Okay .. so who would like to have a crack at identifying the 4 prophecies & 2 mysteries? (actually, 1 mystery is a prophecy as well, but lets not be too picky :mgcheerful:  yet !!)  

(PS >> No explanations yet please .. if you don't mind I would like it if you first identify the prophetic themes etc & then after that is done we can let the scriptures speak for themselves since these are laid out chronologically after all, as you will hopefully come to see &  then I will put forth a case based on the chronological theme & their meanings)

The prophecies :

1 >

2 >

3 >

4 >

& The mysteries :

1 >

2 >

Regards.

The prophecies are:

1. out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel

2. Therefore will he give them up

3, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth

4, then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

The mysteries are:

1. whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

2.  until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth

Jeff

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,266
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Serving,

This is very interesting. Looking forward to your `case,` which being about the Lord I`m sure will edify us. OK, now I`ll have a go -

4 Prophecies -

1. Bethlehem Ephrathah, - fruitful,

2. though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to me the one to be ruler in Israel.

3. He shall give them up until...

4. Then the remnant of His brethren shall return to the children of Israel.

2 Mysteries.

1. Whose goings forth have been from old, from everlasting.

2. She who is in labour has given birth.

Marilyn.

Hi all ..

Micah 5:

Done?

The prophecies :

1 >

2 >

3 >

4 >

& The mysteries :

1 >

2 >

Regards.

The prophecies are:

The mysteries are:

1. whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

2.  until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth

Jeff

Hi Watching,

Thanks for having a go & nice work brother .. however .. you have given one answer twice .. I await the adjustment :biggrin2:

God bless.

Hi Serving,

This is very interesting. Looking forward to your `case,` which being about the Lord I`m sure will edify us. OK, now I`ll have a go -

4 Prophecies -

2. though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to me the one to be ruler in Israel.

2 Mysteries.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

You are too kind sister  :mgcheerful: ..

Another excellent discernment like Watching's .. however .. you have broken one prophecy into two .. I await your adjustment :biggrin2:

God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I'll give it one more try Serving.  Like Marilyn, I am eager to hear what you have to show us.

The prophecies are:

The mysteries are:

1. But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah

2. whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting

Jeff

I'll give it one more try Serving.  Like Marilyn, I am eager to hear what you have to show us.

The prophecies are:

The mysteries are:

1. But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah

2. whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting

Jeff

Thanks Watching .. I am not used to compliments, but thanks anyway brother.

Oh so close brother .. so close !!

Only one answer is in the wrong spot .. I reckon you can get it .. just rethink it whilst looking at Micah again.

Or .. just wait & I will lay it all out Friday night after work .. I can't give any hints, you're too sharp!! Lol.

Regards.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Hi all ..

Micah 5:

Done?

The prophecies :

1 >

2 >

3 >

4 >

& The mysteries :

1 >

2 >

Regards.

Well, obviously, Micah 5: 2 is foretelling the birth of the Messiah. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

The prophecies :

1 >CHRIST TO BE BORN IN BETHLEHEM

2 >CHRIST TO RULE ISRAEL ETERNALLY

3 >ISRAEL TO BE SET ASIDE FOR A TIME

4 >THE BELIEVING REMNANT OF ISRAEL TO BE RESTORED

& The mysteries :

1 > THE INCARNATION OF THE WORD OF GOD

2 > THE ETERNAL DEITY OF CHRIST

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,266
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Serving,

4 Prophecies -

2 Mysteries.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

You are too kind sister  :mgcheerful: ..

Another excellent discernment like Watching's .. however .. you have broken one prophecy into two .. I await your adjustment :biggrin2:

God bless.

Hi Serving,

Thanks for the encouragement. Now to fix up my list. I did wonder whether I should have included a bit more in prophecy 1. Ok, here goes -

4 Prophecies -

1. Bethlehem Ephrathah, - fruitful, though you are little among the thousands of Judah,

2. yet out of you shall come forth to me the one to be ruler in Israel.

2 Mysteries.

Marilyn.