Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to hear opinions on the following question.

Are the rapture and the first resurrection the same event or two separate events separated by a period of time?

Jeff

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Are the rapture and the first resurrection the same event or two separate events separated by a period of time?

Jeff

Hi watching,

Myself .. I see the first resurrection which takes place at the second coming as the "rapture".

Blessings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Jeff

Hi watching,

Myself .. I see the first resurrection which takes place at the second coming as the "rapture".

Blessings.

I Agree.  But many here will see this very differently.

Guest shiloh357

The rapture and the firsts resurrection occur almost simultaneously.

The resurrection that occurs at the second coming is the resurrection of the martyred saints that died during the tribulation.   The unrighteous dead are resurrected after the end of Christ's 1,000 year reign.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Hi watching, 

I say that the rapture and first resurrection are different. The first resurrection is spiritual

by people who come to Faith in Jesus and the rapture is the second resurrection.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Jeff

We need to view the first resurrection as the term which applies to the righteous dead.  The second resurrection applies to the unrighteous dead.

The first resurrection is similar to a Jewish harvest with (1) the firstfruits, (2) the harvest and (3) the gleanings.  Christ is the firstfruits, the saints at the Rapture are the main harvest, and the Tribulation saints are the gleanings (1 Cor 15:23,24).

The Rapture is distinct from the Second Coming of Christ. At the Rapture He comes FOR His saints, but at His Second Coming Christ comes WITH His saints (Jude 14,15):  And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jeff

We need to view the first resurrection as the term which applies to the righteous dead.  The second resurrection applies to the unrighteous dead.

The first resurrection is similar to a Jewish harvest with (1) the firstfruits, (2) the harvest and (3) the gleanings.  Christ is the firstfruits, the saints at the Rapture are the main harvest, and the Tribulation saints are the gleanings (1 Cor 15:23,24).

The Rapture is distinct from the Second Coming of Christ. At the Rapture He comes FOR His saints, but at His Second Coming Christ comes WITH His saints (Jude 14,15):  And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Hi Ezra,

So, do you believe (as I do) that the rapture takes place first (before the marriage of the Lamb), and that the first resurrection takes place at a later time (after the marriage of the Lamb)?

Jeff

Jeff

Hi watching,

Blessings.

Hi Serving.

Do you see the second coming occurring before the marriage of the Lamb or after?  Or simultaneous?

Jeff

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Jeff

Hi watching,

Blessings.

Hi Serving.

Do you see the second coming occurring before the marriage of the Lamb or after?  Or simultaneous?

Jeff

Hi watching,

I will get back to you tomorrow after work because it is getting late and I have a big day tomorrow .. unfortunately :mgcheerful:

Cheers brother.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

The Rapture is the taking away of the church from the world at the beginning (or middle, or end) of tribulation.   Revelation 3 says the faithful church will be saved from the trial which is to come upon the whole world, so I favor pre or mid trib

Revelation 19 and 20 is the source for the following

After the tribulation is the Coming of Christ, and then the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the martyrs of the tribulation.  Followed by the final battle, Armegeddon

During this time we will be rocking on streets of gold in heaven with God....but we will not have our bodies yet

THEN  at the end of all things is the Resurrection of the Saved and Judgment day for the lost

and then Revelation 21

The New Heaven and the New Earth.......and eternity with Christ

Edited by Riverwalker