Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

"The good news" and the spreading of the gospel is that we are invited to dwell spiritually in this kingdom now, for Christ wants to change us from the inside first. The door is still open and all men are welcome to come as we are, in our dirty garments, but be prepared to change and conform into a steward of righteousness so that our robes can be cleaned and washed white. Christ will show us how to clean those garments if we listen to his instructions carefully and follow his lead.

Ezra, on 22 Jul 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Here's another paragraph which is a mixture of true and false. You have correctly surmised the Good News, but you have a misundertanding about the Christian's robe of righteousness.  Since all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags, they are TOTALLY DISCARDED when it comes to salvation. And because they are totally discarded God CLOTHES US WITH THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST.  We do receive a metaphorical robe of righteousness, when God imputes righteousness to the sinner who believes.  Therefore WE DO NOT CLEAN OUR GARMENTS.  They are totally discarded.

Ezra,

When God spoke this, it was to Israel.  It was before Christ came to give the light.

Isaiah 64:6   But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Isaiah 64:7   And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

This particular verse is not speaking to those who would later follow the lamb, because we would put on Christ's righteousness, and that righteousness is precious and holy.

Please let me explain a bit better.

We can have no righteousness of our own. Righteousness comes from God. We have to be taught the difference between good and evil. Righteousness does not come naturally from ourselves.

Good works alone will not save us because without coming through Christ it is worth nothing.  Mercy and forgiveness has to be involved through Christ alone now.

To acknowledge Christ's mercy, we have to come to him as children and allow him to teach us how to confirm into children of God.  To do this we have to put on his righteousness.  We have to all personally do the work, and walk the path shown to us.  Christ opened that door, and gives us the opportunity to know him.  When the door is opened and we walk through it, we are under "grace" for a time. It takes time to learn what is good and what is evil. It takes time to change. We are going to make a lot of mistakes whilst learning, and Christ knows this so covers us, but if we endure and keep going, he will continue to feed us and show us more and more of his righteousness, and not only this, but feed us the deep things of God.  Every thing we learn from him, we live, we speak, we do.  We are becoming one with him by changing our way of thinking and our ways, producing good fruits now instead of bad ones.  Our garments are being cleaned daily through our walk by what he has shown how to change.

An example. If a christian goes through that door of Christ and after some time still hates his brother, then he still has spots on his garments.  He has not repented fully, not overcome, nor desired perfection in following the Lords instructions.  When the Lord comes, he will find those spots on his clothes.  It's Christ and his word that washes us clean.  We have to understand and know his Word if we are to know him. Each sacrifice of sin we overcome makes our clothes cleaner.  We are not all perfect I know that, but we can desire to be and can overcome many things in our walk.  If the Lord comes and finds us with dirty garments on, when he comes for us, then he is forced to put us through the fire to make us clean.  We will be put through tribulation where we have to make a choice and a final stand on who's side we are on. This is our last saving grace, because we did not overcome during our walk, but he gives one last chance. We don't want that. We want our garments to be white when he comes for us, and this can only happen if we follow his lead and obey his instructions to walk that path set out for us.

So the righteousness of the saints, is Christ's righteousness, not ours alone.  To have this is a very holy thing.  It's great in Christ's eyes because it comes from him.

It is not worth nothing or compared to a dirty rag, because it is wearing salvation and it is holy, what fruits we have produced because of him.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

There will be no demon activity at all during the 1,000 years.

Satan will be released at the end of the 1,000 year Millennium for a final battle Revelation 20:7-10.

Ezra,

It's taking time to answer all these questions, which I am happy to do.  So I'm answering them question by question.  After you have got back to me and I have got back to you and you have got back to me, can we please go back to the topic of the thread.  I just want to show that there is a thousand years coming with showing the prophesies for proof for the newcomers, especially terese who challenges this. I am doing it for her sake mainly, and others who are not convinced or simply just don't know.  Scriptures to back up this 1000 year's of rest or 1000 yr peace, or millennium, or kingdom on earth, holy Jerusalem or whatever we want to call it.  It's all the same thing. 

Would be great brother, if you could give scriptures straight from the OT also.    :help:

The invitation is salvation on Christs return. The reward is to be numbered among the faithful and given everlasting life in a renewed body.

It would appear that you believe that everlasting life is a reward.  But the Bible says that ETERNAL LIFE IS A GIFT (Rom 6:23).  Big difference.  Neither is the renewed (more precisely perfected and glorified) body a reward.  That too is a part of the gift of salvation.  Every religion believes that salvation must be earned.  Bible Christianity teaches that it is a gift of God's grace.  How come you are confused about this most fundamental truth?

We have been through this before Ezra.  I have already answered you on this one, but I am happy to answer again, because It's really bothering you.

Do we claim the prize before the race is over? Honestly? 

There are hard times coming ahead (the mark of the beast). We have been warned. Many christians are going to fall when they have to make that final choice.

Are we going to chose Christ, or save our life in this world? 

Are we prepared to go hungry, give up our homes, be treated as scum, hunted like wild animals, humiliated & persecuted for Christ's sake?

We are going to be like sheep led to the slaughter house "because of our faith in Christ".  No other reason. 

We will not conform no matter what they do to us.

We are seen as "a peculiar people" to the world. "silly", "gullible", "brainswashed",& "stupid" for trusting in Christ, for taking that stand.

Are we willing to walk this same journey that Christ took?

And when there are children involved it is going to be so much harder. People are going to look down on us.  All we have to do is take the mark of the beast and everyone of us is provided for - but only if we want to lose our souls in the process.

Now, are we going to tick all those boxes that Christ instructed us on?  Are we going to follow this one when the time comes?

Matthew 10:37   He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

That's just one example, and an important one.

All which Christ sacrificed for us, was a chance for us to know him.  An opportunity to find truth to obtain the free gift of salvation.  A chance for that door to be opened for us to walk through.

Some christians are obedient and doing all Christ commanded, but some are not there in spirit and in truth.  Remember wolves have come in.

There will be a sifting.  God is always sifting.  A separation from the good and the bad who stand in his name.

Prize is just a word used to describe something waiting for us at the end of the race, if we complete it. 

A winner normally receives a trophy.  But our trophy is "salvation", because of the Lamb. 

According to the scriptures the race is not finished yet ..  There is a big trial coming for all of us.  We will be tested and sifted and the day will declare our works of why type it is.  If we are faithful there is nothing to fear.  We have given up so much for our Lord and we do it with pleasure because we agree with his principles.  What we give up in this life is not done in vain.  There's something great at the finish line, something to look forward to - Salvation .....which is inheriting and sharing in everything our Lord owns.  The kingdom of God will be our home eternally and everything else that belongs to his kingdom.  It's all ours, given to us and it didn't cost a cent, just some changing to do in our spirit and our actions, to set things right (and not take this mercy for granted.)

I think this is a great reward/prize/gift/trophy/blessing.... whatever we want to call it.  The fact is, there is something there to collect when it's all over, and it's not material.  The ungodly will have their reward also, but it's not going to be a nice one.

So when I use the word "reward" or "prize"  I am only repeating the very same word spoken in the scriptures.  I am not making this word up to suit my own fancy.

1 Corinthians 9:24   Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 3:11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Corinthians 3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Corinthians 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

some other scriptures to add;

Hebrews 11:6   But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Revelation 11:18   And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 22:12   And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Hebrews 10:35   Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

1 Timothy 5:18   For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Ezra,

It's taking time to answer all these questions, which I am happy to do.  So I'm answering them question by question.  After you have got back to me and I have got back to you and you have got back to me, can we please go back to the topic of the thread.  I just want to show that there is a thousand years coming with showing the prophesies for proof for the newcomers, especially terese who challenges this. I am doing it for her sake mainly, and others who are not convinced or simply just don't know.  Scriptures to back up this 1000 year's of rest or 1000 yr peace, or millennium, or kingdom on earth, holy Jerusalem or whatever we want to call it.  It's all the same thing. 

Would be great brother, if you could give scriptures straight from the OT also.    :help:

The invitation is salvation on Christs return. The reward is to be numbered among the faithful and given everlasting life in a renewed body.

It would appear that you believe that everlasting life is a reward.  But the Bible says that ETERNAL LIFE IS A GIFT (Rom 6:23).  Big difference.  Neither is the renewed (more precisely perfected and glorified) body a reward.  That too is a part of the gift of salvation.  Every religion believes that salvation must be earned.  Bible Christianity teaches that it is a gift of God's grace.  How come you are confused about this most fundamental truth?

We have been through this before Ezra.  I have already answered you on this one, but I am happy to answer again, because It's really bothering you.

Do we claim the prize before the race is over? Honestly? 

There are hard times coming ahead (the mark of the beast). We have been warned. Many christians are going to fall when they have to make that final choice.

Are we going to chose Christ, or save our life in this world? 

Are we prepared to go hungry, give up our homes, be treated as scum, hunted like wild animals, humiliated & persecuted for Christ's sake?

We are going to be like sheep led to the slaughter house "because of our faith in Christ".  No other reason. 

We will not conform no matter what they do to us.

We are seen as "a peculiar people" to the world. "silly", "gullible", "brainswashed",& "stupid" for trusting in Christ, for taking that stand.

Are we willing to walk this same journey that Christ took?

And when there are children involved it is going to be so much harder. People are going to look down on us.  All we have to do is take the mark of the beast and everyone of us is provided for - but only if we want to lose our souls in the process.

Now, are we going to tick all those boxes that Christ instructed us on?  Are we going to follow this one when the time comes?

Matthew 10:37   He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

That's just one example, and an important one.

All which Christ sacrificed for us, was a chance for us to know him.  An opportunity to find truth to obtain the free gift of salvation.  A chance for that door to be opened for us to walk through.

Some christians are obedient and doing all Christ commanded, but some are not there in spirit and in truth.  Remember wolves have come in.

There will be a sifting.  God is always sifting.  A separation from the good and the bad who stand in his name.

Prize is just a word used to describe something waiting for us at the end of the race, if we complete it. 

A winner normally receives a trophy.  But our trophy is "salvation", because of the Lamb. 

According to the scriptures the race is not finished yet ..  There is a big trial coming for all of us.  We will be tested and sifted and the day will declare our works of why type it is.  If we are faithful there is nothing to fear.  We have given up so much for our Lord and we do it with pleasure because we agree with his principles.  What we give up in this life is not done in vain.  There's something great at the finish line, something to look forward to - Salvation .....which is inheriting and sharing in everything our Lord owns.  The kingdom of God will be our home eternally and everything else that belongs to his kingdom.  It's all ours, given to us and it didn't cost a cent, just some changing to do in our spirit and our actions, to set things right (and not take this mercy for granted.)

I think this is a great reward/prize/gift/trophy/blessing.... whatever we want to call it.  The fact is, there is something there to collect when it's all over, and it's not material.  The ungodly will have their reward also, but it's not going to be a nice one.

So when I use the word "reward" or "prize"  I am only repeating the very same word spoken in the scriptures.  I am not making this word up to suit my own fancy.

1 Corinthians 9:24   Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 3:11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

some other scriptures to add;

Hebrews 11:6   But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Revelation 11:18   And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 22:12   And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Hebrews 10:35   Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

1 Timothy 5:18   For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Do you think believers will got through the tribulation?

Do you think believers will got through the tribulation?

bopeep

Luke 14:8   When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;

Luke 14:9   And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.

Luke 14:10   But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

Luke 14:11   For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Guest shiloh357

Sister in post 14 you characterize the Kingdom of God as a prize/gift/reward/trophy or "whatever we want to call it."   That is false teaching.  I am a member of the Kingdom of God as result of God's grace. It is not  prize to win.   It is a gift, pure and simple. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

There will be no demon activity at all during the 1,000 years.

I'm inclined to agree but am more interested in how you substantiate that statement.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi Daze,

I've been playing catch-up and noticed that you stated in another thread that while Satan is bound for 1000 years, other evil spirits will be around per Rev 18:2?  I'd like your thoughts on that, if indeed that is what you meant to say.

I tip my hat to you bro .. I purposely didn't mention the verse or chapter .. yet .. you quoted the one I meant .. so you have read it too .. meaning, you found where the scriptures say (not me) the fallen ones are confined to during the millennium for yourself !!

Their "cage" .. all the ruins of the world's cities / towns etc. 

In the kingdom itself of course, NOTHING evil can enter the boundaries .. nothing evil at all .. but .. the outside .. outside the kingdoms boundaries is where their "cages" are (Since there will be many ruins on the earth by then) .. and since you found it yourself, then you know it's not just my opinion, because you found it yourself without me quoting chapter or verse .. good work !!

I've always been of the mind that the "last day", when the resurrection / rapture happens, is the last day of Satan's authority to govern earth, the seventh (last) trumpet.  This seems to be indicated by what is said when the seventh trumpet is sounded, and by Satan being cast into the abyss.

Yes that is spot on .. what you found in revelations for yourself doesn't change this at all.

Will the kingdom of Christ allow for the influence of other evil spirit beings while Satan is in jail?

Let's see what our Lord said again .. this time I will quote Him ..

Revelation 18:2 See verse in context  And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

1> Babylon is destroyed

2> and BECOMES

3> the HABITATION of DEVILS & every foul spirit.

4> and every unclean & hateful bird.

So we know that all that will be left of Babylon the great is her ruins .. this is where God has confined those fallen ones whilst their king is in prison .. so the question becomes why? Because at first glance, it seems strange & contradictory doesn't it?

So we know God does everything for a reason, we know that, so then, there is a reason for this too .. God could have locked them up (as in a supernatural prison like where Satan will be) but he didn't .. so there is obviously a reason for them being in those ruins or else they would be imprisoned with Satan .. and ruins are on the earth where men dwell (earth) and can "explore" .

Again, this isn't us blindly speculating, because you found what God said about this subject yourself ..

Revelation 18:2 See verse in context  And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

So the next question(s) becomes (off the top of my head) .. 1> why the ruins? 2> what kind of things take place at ruins? 3> what kind of people go to ruins .. 4> and why .. 5> will they affect the teachings of Christ?

But before attempting to answer them, #5 is simple .. the answer is no .. they can not interfere with those accepting the teachings in their hearts .. buuuuut .. those who don't? .. well .. that should help lead to answering questions to  # 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Remember though .. people will need establish new "colonies / villages" that can provide food (needs fertile ground & space for their animals) etc  & so the ruins will be avoided by most .. avoided by most that is (since people will hiss / exclaim at the ruins) , but doubtless not avoided by all. 

I think the ruins will be a magnet for those "outsiders" who reject Christ's teachings .. the ruins can provide privacy for those wanting to "be themselves" & gather, where they can be influenced by those devils inhabiting those ruins .. where whatever imaginings evil ones imagine can take fruition & can practice in "secret" away from those "do good Christians" who likely stay away from those "cursed" ruins .. sound familiar?

So a process must take place like it always has (growing rebellion) .. how quickly this process takes is anybody's guess .. your speculation can be just as good as mine .. but Gog's "multitudes" do come from somewhere right? 

Anyway, there are just too many unanswered questions to be precise unfortunately .. but that doesn't stop us from speculating through genuine interest & already ascertained processes & examples of how growing corruption takes place amongst men to give us at least a sound basis for getting a "close".to accurate picture doesn't it?

Like how God warns whichever nation does not come up to Jerusalem for the yearly dedication in those times, will get no rain .. so really .. wow .. just how many people will still rebel even then & at those times right? Which makes the rod of iron come into focus .. that rod of iron is likely to keep their corruption amongst their own & not towards the believers .. if one tries to tempt another away from Christ, unlike today, I'm sure that rod of iron will fall swiftly & immediately .. so again, no, the rebels are rebels in & of themselves with no other prompting other than their own rebellious hearts .. and birds of a feather will always come together .. and the ruins will provide that place they can all go .. likely. 

So I don't want to make grand declarations because it is still & will be.. speculation.

If you ponder on these things for a while to yourself, I can imagine the many scenarios that can come to mind .. and they would be just as valid as mine I am sure .. but again, speculation is all we have until the time to come itself reveals it for us I suppose.

But as we can read for ourselves .. the world's ruins WILL be inhabited by devils .. aaaand .. I believe the "unclean & hateful birds" are those human rebels who will "use" those ruins & the "privacy" they will afford.

I don't think it fits with the "time of rest" theme, or that it's something that Christ would allow.  I think all evil spirits are in a place of restraint during the 1000 years.

And I agree .. because the place of rest (IN the kingdom area) will have no evil enter it whatsoever .. that place of restraint however .. those ruins .. well that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Look forward to your thoughts Daze.

God bless you.

That doesn't answer the question.   "Yes" or "no" would be helpful.

Shiloh

I am trying to show bopeep that we really need to start reading all the clues that Christ gave us so we can make our own decision based on this.

The answer is not yes or a no, but both.

If I say "I will not go through the tribulation because Christ washed me clean with his blood", and when he comes, he finds spots on my robe that I was not aware of, and I find myself going through that great tribulation, then I will be embarrassed and red faced....because in my heart I took the highest seat just expecting to be a VIP, but in reality that higher seat was saved for someone else. Shame on me, what a disappointment.

...but if I prepare myself spiritually that I will face whatever God has set out for me and mentally picture all the things I am willing to lose for his sake, and go through all the scenarios of how hard it is going to be, knowing how the enemy operates, and get spiritually prepared in faith to fight this good fight with all my heart, soul and strength .....then I have taken the lower seat. I did not expect the VIP treatment, but expected to go on the battlefield.  Now I can put my training from Christ to good use, because I am going to need it, especially now.

...and If my Lord says no, you can come and sit up here, I have a place reserved for you, and I was not expecting it, how happy would I be!

He that exalts himself will be abased, and he that is humble will be exalted.

We know the saints are going to go through tribulation.  My guess is 90% of all christians.

The other 10% may go through it for a short time - but will have their lives spared.  They will be in the midst of the tribulation but not harmed.

Luke 21:18   But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

These are the firstfruits, the 144,000.

The firstfruits are always 10% of the crop.  The first harvested.

We do not choose ourselves, but Christ chooses them, and these are the ones that he has fed, who have followed him, and the ones he has sealed .....of the last generation.

This is the VIP group, the very elect.

These would have clean white garments on them already when Christ comes,

and the rest will have to be purified with fire, but in the end they will be saved.

1 Corinthians 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (tribulation)