IGNORED

windows 10 security issue

ayin jade

It does not share your password. The reason people have problems with Windows is because they don't keep them up to date (do the updates when they come out), don't keep their anti-virus up to date or don't want to pay for it, don't have anti-malware and/or never run it, open attachments to emails that they don't know where they are from, don't have strong passwords, and surf questionable sites on the internet. Windows gets attacked just because it is the most prevelent OS in use and because of the other reasons I just mentioned. Most people never (or infrequently) reboot their systems. Windows 10 is a fast OS, and if people would simply pay attention and not believe everything they read on Facebook and social media, they would be just fine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

It does not share your password. The reason people have problems with Windows is because they don't keep them up to date (do the updates when they come out), don't keep their anti-virus up to date or don't want to pay for it, don't have anti-malware and/or never run it, open attachments to emails that they don't know where they are from, don't have strong passwords, and surf questionable sites on the internet. Windows gets attacked just because it is the most prevelent OS in use and because of the other reasons I just mentioned. Most people never (or infrequently) reboot their systems. Windows 10 is a fast OS, and if people would simply pay attention and not believe everything they read on Facebook and social media, they would be just fine.

I dont do facebook or social media. What I read was a technical article that happened to be posted on yahoo news. Since then Ive read other ones in other tech sites that say the same and worse things. There is a big security issue there that should be fixed. Not something to blow off. And they should fix it so that the average barely computer literate user can be safe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've had windows 10 since the update. So far, I'm digging it. They fixed a lot of the things I couldn't stand from windows 8 and made it feel more like a windows. It also seems more stable.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Windows OS doesn't have its flaws. MS is a money making enterprise. I was just responding to the criticisms of those who say that Windows is a POC and a bad OS which is easily hacked and vulnerable. AS for the original premise, yahoo isn't the best source for computer security information. Check these out: http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-windows-10s-wi-fi-sense-feature-is-not-a-security-risk/, http://www.geek.com/microsoft/windows-10-wifi-sense-does-not-share-your-passwords-1630014/, and http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-protect-your-wireless-network-from-wi-fi-sense/. You can subscribe to these computer sites to get the real truth about computer programs and how to protect yourself, even if you are barely computer literate.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

It is a crappy os and the most insecure on the market. It takes me roughly 5 minutes to hack into pretty much any consumer PC with Windows on it, and I'm not even that great of a hacker. Trust me, i do it regularly for customers who forget their passwords.

In fact windows greatest flaw is its ease of use. It's biggest security flaw-and its true of pretty much every flavor of Windows-is executable files. Until they get rid of those it will never be "secure"

Unsecured because people don't take the time to ensure their own security. Sure, any OS can be hacked by a good hacker, even Mac's OS. My email's been hacked, for sure. But never my PC. And believe me when I say that people have tried. I've never been hit with DDoS because I'm not the government, but I am smart enough to know to use passwords that aren't in the dictionary, a password manager that has a master password, strong AV and AMW, clean out old files and cookies, scan and clean my registry regularly, and allow security updates as they come out. And get rid of Flash. Many people sit around on their computer for hours, reading articles and watching videos on YouTube, but don't take the time to find out how to secure their computers. That's not Microsoft's fault. All it takes is a little effort. Forgetting your password isn't giving a little effort. It's something else that can't be said here. Not a foul description, just not appropriate for a Christian forum. Peace!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

There's some truth to that-but some oses are easier then others, and most consumers don't use aftermarket firewalls. And even so, windows is easily the easiest to hack out of any os on the market. Can Mac and Linux be hacked? Certainly. But those executable files are almost like leaving the door wide open. But, Microsoft can't really do away with them, because then they'd lose a good deal of their user friendliness and would lose business.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,104
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you also have to take into account that it's really not worth the time to hack Linix or Mac software for the majority of the people are using windows.....    even if windows closed up most of it's problems, they would still go after windows because that's where the rewards are going to be.

For a very long time you really never heard of people hacking mac computers.....   when Ipads came out and people really started using more macs, there have been some hacking......    if the whole world went to macs, that's where the hackers would go also.

I worked with Solaris  software for a very long time, and it is very difficult to get into, but it does happen....   and in cases when it does you have to shut down some very useful services to keep the bad guys out of what they were doing.

As an operating system Windows was successful because Bill Gates made his source code available to everyone to create third party programs...   and that opened up the flood gates for hackers.   Xerox had a line of business computers out years before Windows and it would run circles around them, but we closed our source code so no one but Xerox had access to it, and that decision cost us the entire computer market.....

Gates wasn't a good programmer, but he was a person of vision and knew what customers would buy.......     Xerox basically created the Macintosh computer in our research center (PARC), but did not have the business insight to understand that some day everyone would have a computer in their homes.......   much less in thier pockets...        And it was a huge failure on our part business wise.     

We have always been paranoid about hackers, but it did give our printers total security until speed outran what we could do with our hardware and switched to Sun Microsystems and Solaris.....    Which is still pretty safe with most of the whistles and bells deactivated.

Except for keystroke tracking, most of the stuff in windows 10 isn't a problem to me personally.   I'm not going to use their cloud memory for anything.   If they track my URL list, it will lead them directly to WorthyChristianForums.....   and facebook which is open to just about everyone.         I do have about 35,000 pictures on my hard drives, but none are illegal or immoral so they won't bother with them.......   and they are all backed up off site.    And I share them with anyone who wishes to use them.

example::::   IMG_8388_zpsc57f7b34.jpg        interesting thing to find in your toilet in the middle of the night.      Where else can you go and find a picture of a frog in a toilet......    and yes that is my toilet, and the frog got there by falling into the sewer line where the plumber left the clean out thingie open last time he cleaned the line....         Frog fell in and could not jump the 4 feet back up so he worked his way back to light into our bathroom......   and scared the living daylights out of my wife...