IGNORED

WE ARE NOW LIVING IN THE ENOCH GENERATION!

bhforlife

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So you are a christian and you don't want to hear the Word of God taught......sorry that I have offended you with this sermon.  I love the Word of God and love to hear it every chance I get......I really thought that a message based off of scriptures which promote one day being with the Lord would be well received on a christian site... I was truly mistaken...again sorry that this message bothered you...Have a blessed day other one...

If this is reference to me (and you failed to make that clear)....   the internet is full of more sermons that you could listen to in a thousand life times......    I listened to get the full impact of the video and I gave you my honest opinion, and I'm sorry if that offended you.    I was simply expressing my thoughts on the thread and passing on information that I have gleaned over the years of being here.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Ok...this message is for AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken...I know it is kind of long winded, but I hope it answers your question..

I do believe that the plan and entrance way to salvation is by way of Acts 2:38...Jesus gave Peter the keys and authority to unlock the Kingdom of Heaven...and he used those keys on the birthday of the church at Pentecost when he preached the first sermon after Jesus', death, burial and resurrection....and when the crowd believed the message that Jesus was the messiah, they asked Peter, what they had to do to next... and he told them to Repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and he promised them that they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. And I do believe that the initial sign for receiving that gift is speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance...

Acts 2:39 Peter promised that this experience was for all...

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Here are examples of this Holy Ghost infilling experience..

This was the first group to receive the Holy Ghost and they spoke in other tongues...

Acts 2:1-4King James Version (KJV)

2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them

Here is another group who received the Holy Ghost and they spake with tongues...

Acts 19:1-6King James Version (KJV)

19 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied

How did Peter know Cornelius and his household received the Holy Ghost?

Acts 10:44-48King James Version (KJV)

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

They knew because they heard them speak in tongues which is the initial evidence of the infilling of the Holy Spirit but the fruits of the Spirit are the evidence that you are still walking in the Spirit...

There is a gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues which is to edify the church and for personal edification but make no mistake about it the initial signs is speaking in other tongues...

Edited by bhforlife
correction

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

I don't wish to over-simplify this or gloss over your response, but the question I asked was a "yes" or "no". I am more than happy to discus this in greater detail ( and again I appreciate all you've typed ). 

My question, again is;

In your understanding, are those who have not the utterance of unknown tongues but believe and have been baptized saved?

Well I believe that every answer that you give must be backed by the Word of God...Please read my post when you have time...I am positive it will answer your question....but in the mean time here is a more simplified answer to your question.....It is written that you must have the water baptism in Jesus name for the remission of sins and the infilling of the Holy Spirit, which the initial sign that the Holy Spirit has entered into your heart is speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance...

This satisfies the requirement that Jesus told Nicodemus he needed in order to enter into Heaven...He said you must be born again which consist of both water and Spirit...

John 3:5 (KJV)

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Edited by bhforlife
Addition

Hummmmm,   haven't had one of those for a while.      I notice that they really never just come out in the open and say  "yes".

I'm disappointed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

What is the Enoch generation without having to listen to that video?

Que the mocker and the scoffer....This comment is for "other one" yes and no without an explaination is hollow...the bible tells me to be ready to give an answer to every man that asketh me the reason for my hope...and that's what I will do when I am asked a question about what I believe and have faith in; I will give an answer....And I am sorry if my answer is not a simple cut and dry yes or no, but I will answer your question...

1 Peter 3:15King James Version (KJV)

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

that's just the thing though.....    neither of us wanted an explanation.....   just a short to the point one word answer....

I do hope you enjoy your stay here..

I am enjoying my stay...thanks...Just know, that I will never give a one word answer when it comes to questions about my belief in the Lord...its to important to me...so just remember that for the future...if I ask BH a question he will give me more than a one word answer...so please make a decision before asking me a question in the future..."Do I want a complete answer or a simple incomplete one" and if you want the latter, then please don't ask me...have a good day "other one"..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for sharing your understanding of salvation with me bh.