joejkljkl

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

6 The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains. Other soldiers were guarding the door of the jail. 7 Suddenly, an angel of the Lord stood there, and a light shined in the cell. The angel struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Hurry! Get up!” the angel said. And the chains fell off Peter’s hands. 8 Then the angel told him, “Get dressed and put on your sandals.” And Peter did. Then the angel said, “Put on your coat and follow me.” 9 So Peter followed him out, but he did not know if what the angel was doing was real; he thought he might be seeing a vision.10 They went past the first and second guards and came to the iron gate that separated them from the city. The gate opened by itself for them, and they went through it. When they had walked down one street, the angel suddenly left him.

11 Then Peter realized what had happened. He thought, “Now I know that the Lord really sent his angel to me. He rescued me from Herod and from all the things the people thought would happen.”

12 When he considered this, he went to the home of Mary, the mother of John Mark. Many people were gathered there, praying. 13 Peter knocked on the outside door, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer it. 14 When she recognized Peter’s voice, she was so happy she forgot to open the door. Instead, she ran inside and told the group, “Peter is at the door!”

15 They said to her, “You are crazy!” But she kept on saying it was true, so they said, “It must be Peter’s angel.”

Here's what I think: They thought it was Peter's angel because personal angels take on the form and speak in the same voice of their human. I believe they do this in an attempt to understand their human as best they can.

Guest shiloh357

There is no doctrine in Scripture that we have personal angels.   Their statement only shows that these early believers still had a residue of Jewish superstitions that they had not managed to discard.  Nothing in the Bible indicates that God assigns our personal angel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It cannot be emphatically answered from Scripture whether or not each believer has a guardian angel assigned to him/her. But, as stated earlier, God does use angels in ministering to us. It is scriptural to say that He uses them as He uses us; that is, He in no way needs us or them to accomplish His purposes, but chooses to use us and them nevertheless (Hebrews 1:7). In the end, whether or not we have an angel assigned to protect us, we have an even greater assurance from God: if we are His children through faith in Christ, He works all things together for good (Romans 8:28-30), and Jesus Christ will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6). If we have an omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving God with us, does it really matter whether or not there is a finite guardian angel protecting us?

http://www.gotquestions.org/guardian-angels.html

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

There is no doctrine in Scripture that we have personal angels.   Their statement only shows that these early believers still had a residue of Jewish superstitions that they had not managed to discard.  Nothing in the Bible indicates that God assigns our personal angel.

That is false Shiloh

Jesus says:

Matthew 18:10 

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

These are the words of Jesus.

"their" in "their angels" is possessive.

Obviously children have personal angels.   That's why we call them Guardian Angels.

That is false Shiloh

Jesus says:

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

Obviously children have personal angels.   That's why we call them Guardian Angels.

Yes,there are angels in heaven but show me scripture that says we have a guardian angel assigned to only us.

That is false Shiloh

Jesus says:

Yes,there are angels in heaven but show me scripture that says we have a guardian angel assigned to only us.

I just did bopeep.   :)

THEIR angel, not any angel, not someone else's angel, not an angel, not the angel,  but THEIR angel beholds the face of God.

"THEIR"    - if someone says    "their ball" you would understand the ball belongs to the one  "their" refers to.     If someone says  "their book" you would understand the book belongs to the one "their" refers to.

Same with Jesus' words here.  "Their angel" means the angel belongs to the one "their" refers to - the angles belong to these little ones, these children, Jesus is teaching about.

Edited by thereselittleflower

That is false Shiloh

Jesus says:

THEIR angel, not any angel, not someone else's angel, not an angel, not the angel,  but THEIR angel beholds the face of God.

"THEIR"    - if someone says    "their ball" you would understand the ball belongs to the one  "their" refers to.     If someone says  "their book" you would understand the book belongs to the one "their" refers to.

Same with Jesus' words here.  "Their angel" means the angel belongs to the one "their" refers to - the angles belong to these little ones, these children, Jesus is teaching about.

It says "their angels".If one is to have a personal guardian angel it would say "their angel in heaven".

That is false Shiloh

Jesus says:

It says "their angels".If one is to have a personal guardian angel it would say "their angel in heaven".

Bopeep, really?    You strain at gnats and swallow camels?

Jesus was talking about multiple children so there are multiple angels involved     "Their (multiple chidlren) angels (multiple angels)"

If he said  "their angel" then that would mean they all share ONE angel.    

He didn't say that.    He said  "their angels" meaning each one has their own in heaven beholding the face of God.

Do you really not understand now the English language works?

If you see a group of kids playing with their own balls, each one having their own ball, you would say   "their balls."

If you see a group of kids playing with one ball, you would say   "their ball."

"Their angels"   like "their balls"  each one has their own.

Edited by thereselittleflower

That is false Shiloh

Jesus says:

Bopeep, really?    You strain at gnats and swallow camels?

Jesus was talking about multiple children so there are multiple angels involved     "Their (multiple chidlren) angels (multiple angels)"

If he said  "their angel" then that would mean they all share ONE angel.    

He didn't say that.    He said  "their angels" meaning each one has their own in heaven beholding the face of God.

Do you really not understand now the English language works?

If you see a group of kids playing with their own balls, each one having their own ball, you would say   "their balls."

If you see a group of kids playing with one ball, you would say   "their ball."

"Their angels"   like "their balls"  each one has their own.

There are many angels in heaven.Many angels could have charge over us according to God's will.If we have one specific guardian angel it would be singular."My angel,her angel,his angel" not the angels in heaven.You have to be specific or it does not make sense and can throw off the whole meaning.Just like reading a verse of scripture to give it your own meaning.That can be very dangerous.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,

We are the Lords "little ones",not just children,those who are humble & modest and Jesus is saying not to despise or think less of others ........the "their" angels implies to possibly "ministering angels" but it does not confirm or establish that we have "assigned guardian angels",,,,,,,,,,,Jesus is not talking about a singular person to imply any particular angel ,,,,,,,we cannot just assume these things ,,,,,,we do know that angels are messengers,I think it might be safer to say that the angels are reporting the things of the earth to God,,,,,,,,,

It was a very common belief of the Jews that each person had a particular angel assigned to them & as Shiloh said,,,,some traditional beliefs they held on to..........            To God be the Glory

With love-in Christ,Kwik