• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:24 PM, Cletus said:

the new world translation says in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was A God.

The KJV says in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

The JW's used to say they were not "christian" but the last one to knock on my door said they were just out in the neighborhood and visiting everyone and they were involved in a christian community.  So i guess now they consider them selves christians but they deny Jesus is God? 

Just a side note on JWs.  if the knocking becomes to persistent and bothersome you can look up the kingdom hall in the phone book and ask to be put on the do not knock list.  They so far have honored it in my area.  

why would you turn them away , this would be the time to share the real jesus, and the real gospel with them, when you turn them away they take it as  a notch on there point card that they were rejected for sharing the word with you, this is true,

I have had them come to the house, and I grab my tablet, bible and love to share with them , I ask them what they are wanting to accomplish by telling me, and then I share jesus with them, I use to before when I was much younger and did not know God ,  but now I look forward to them coming to my house, but after  a couple of times, they refuse to stop at my house they avoid me ,

'also with the Mormon elders and when they come to the house ,we are to be ready in and out of season to give the reason we believe and preach the word to every one, and show them, what they are in error with , it is not like us to turn them away ,

try it next time , be ready and have a few verses ready and let them know they can be saved also , and who Jesus really is, this is what we are to do , we are not to shake there hand or bid them , god speed for they come to tell you about there God, and not the real and true God, so we are not to thank them , in the old times they would brush the dust off of there feet,

but this is my opinion,  , blessings

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

when you turn them away they take it as  a notch on there point card that they were rejected for sharing the word with you, this is true,

This is completely untrue.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My domicile is my place I want peace and when its disrupted habitually the stress leaves and does not come back, period.  This is an expectation everyone should be able to have of their little spot on the earth.

I think you meant "the peace leaves."  But I truly understand.  If you will meet with them and politely tell them you don't want them coming to your door, they are supposed to put your name and address on the "Do not call" list.  Errors sometimes happen, but normally you will not be contacted for quite some time.  Eventually (because people move, and circumstances change) you will be called on again.  Just politely remind them your name is supposed to be on the "Do not call" list, and you should have months of peace again.

Edited by tigger two

• Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

20 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Oh I have.  So so so many times.  Hence the part about if it gets to be bothersome.   Once you get woke up on your only day off from work every week for a few months... it gets old.  At some point planting the same seeds seems pointless.  also when they keep dropping by unexpected when i am trying to do some family oriented stuff.  My domicile is my place I want peace and when its disrupted habitually the stress leaves and does not come back, period.  This is an expectation everyone should be able to have of their little spot on the earth.

Some of the mormons actually get sent to a school to learn how to verbally combat what christians say to try to turn you to their teachings.  To some degree the JWs do the same, i dont think in a school.

I get it, they have come to my house as I am going into my car, or when I am not home, so I get it,

this is a training that they are given with in the church , for this mission, and the mm s are the same, they are really good, and they learn to agree with you , and lie right to your face, and then tell you ,or hold a one way conversation, and they completely don't want to hear you , but if you show them that you are passionate and show them the verses that they look at , then you have them, they will want to hear or look up what you say , for they need it to combat the next time,

they are given exact orders to follow and exact scripture it is like clock work, and they are ready for the unsuspected, but for the ready person, its a different story , they refuse to come to my house, and I get bummed out,  I am on there do not go to that house for that one stay away , Lol....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/18/2016 at 6:33 PM, JohnD said:

I agree this is the worst thing they did. But we must all strive not to change any portion of the Word of God by our tradition, interpretation, or our personal understanding. If we are not deliberately aware of this and dogmatically determined to test all things by the scriptures we will "change" the Word of God ourselves in smaller ways than the cults do to be sure... but it's the same evil nevertheless.

I agree completely. I always remember that men's hearts are inherently evil, all our righteousness is is filthy rages before God. We have a lying deceiving force that works overtime to masquerade as an angel of light to deceive. We have the devils messengers parading around as lights to deceive.  We have boastful arrogant men having a form of godliness deceiving. The water of life is given freely to us. The bride and the Spirit say come drink freely. So If I ever forget that it is Gods activity and works that save and start thinking I can save people or my self pride will deceive me in no time. The we have God giving men over to deception because they did not love the truth. Jesus is the truth and he as at work in us saving. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

On 1/21/2016 at 6:25 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

why would you turn them away , this would be the time to share the real jesus, and the real gospel with them, when you turn them away they take it as  a notch on there point card that they were rejected for sharing the word with you, this is true,

I have had them come to the house, and I grab my tablet, bible and love to share with them , I ask them what they are wanting to accomplish by telling me, and then I share jesus with them, I use to before when I was much younger and did not know God ,  but now I look forward to them coming to my house, but after  a couple of times, they refuse to stop at my house they avoid me ,

'also with the Mormon elders and when they come to the house ,we are to be ready in and out of season to give the reason we believe and preach the word to every one, and show them, what they are in error with , it is not like us to turn them away ,

try it next time , be ready and have a few verses ready and let them know they can be saved also , and who Jesus really is, this is what we are to do , we are not to shake there hand or bid them , god speed for they come to tell you about there God, and not the real and true God, so we are not to thank them , in the old times they would brush the dust off of there feet,

but this is my opinion,  , blessings

There was one time I invited inside 3 Mormons who came to my door -  one was an elder with 2 in tow - they were all in their 20's.  

We sat down and started to talk, I while holding a sleeping infant in my arms, and my bible in hand, and they with their books.  2 of them were christians who had converted to Mormonism.   The elder had always been Mormon.   As the Holy Spirit opened the scriptures through me to their eyes, you could see the light of recognition and awe of God's word in the two  - but in the elder there was growing darkness in his eyes.  You could tell he couldn't leave fast enough, but he was stuck for a while.    We spent a good hour or more going over scriptures.

I never saw them again and have often wondered what happened to those young men.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

14 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

There was one time I invited inside 3 Mormons who came to my door -  one was an elder with 2 in tow - they were all in their 20's.  

We sat down and started to talk, I while holding a sleeping infant in my arms, and my bible in hand, and they with their books.  2 of them were christians who had converted to Mormonism.   The elder had always been Mormon.   As the Holy Spirit opened the scriptures through me to their eyes, you could see the light of recognition and awe of God's word in the two  - but in the elder there was growing darkness in his eyes.  You could tell he couldn't leave fast enough, but he was stuck for a while.    We spent a good hour or more going over scriptures.

I never saw them again and have often wondered what happened to those young men.

Wonderful!

On 1/21/2016 at 8:37 PM, tigger two said:

This is completely untrue.

It depends. Sometimes it merits another visit. Even "bigger guns" to witness next time.

But if they get from the Holy Spirit (through you) questions they can't answer and answers they can't question they will leave you alone... whether they actually mark down your address or not. It's happened to me.

On 1/20/2016 at 4:25 PM, tigger two said:

JohnD wrote concerning my lengthy list of Trinitarian sources admitting that "god" is used for angels, God-appointed judges, and kings:

and JohnD  also wrote:

1. Your quote from the Greek is terrible! It should read “en arche een ho logos, kai ho logos een pros ton theon, kai theos een ho logos.”

This verse is composed of three different clauses, each separated by kai (‘and’). You have “bitten” on the misteaching of a man here. Apparently you are attempting to use Sharp’s Rule (a man’s rule which is also incorrect). But that rule was intended for ‘noun kai noun’ within the same clause and of nouns in the same case!

You, however, (or whoever gave you this misinformation) have taken an articular noun in the accusative case and followed it with a noun in a different clause and in the nominative case.

So we have a MAN giving you this erroneous interpretation of another MAN’s (Granville Sharp) incorrect ‘Rule.’ But you say you won’t accept any part of a long list of respected Trinitarian scholars’ verifying the scriptural use of ‘god’ for angels, kings, and judges.

JohnD wrote:

Micah 5:2 (NASB95)

2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.”

Either way, Jesus is eternal in his Spirit nature.

From my personal study (also on my blog): 

Micah 5:2

Look at other trinitarian translations of Micah 5:1, 2. (E.g., "O Bethlehem ..., from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose origin is from of old, from ancient days" - RSV, cf. JB, NEB, REB, NAB, NIV, AT, Mo, NRSV, NJB, CEB, CJB, ERV, ESV, God's Word, LEB, MEV, NCV, NET, NLT, WEB, Byington, and Young's.) Not only does this verse not teach that Jesus has always existed, it even speaks of his origin in very ancient times. (Origin: "a coming into existence" - Webster's New World Dictionary, 1973.)

Obviously for so many respected trinitarian translators to choose this meaning ("origin") they must feel there is no other honest choice! The only meanings given by Gesenius for this word in his highly-respected Lexicon are "origin, springing" - #4163, Gesenius - cf. Micah 5:1 in The Jewish Publication Society's Bible translation, Tanakh.

And A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament gives the only meaning for this word as used in Micah 5 as "origin." - p. 187, Eerdmans.

At the very least you should consider the ‘eternity’ translation as uncertain.  (See how the word olam is translated in Isaiah 63:11; Amos 9:11; Micah 7:14; Malachi 3:4)

…………………

I have quoted and cited TRINITARIAN sources in my posts. I am attempting to find truth and honesty in translation. Please stop implying that I am dishonestly trying to push an anti-Trinitarian belief here.

Where do you get your grammar rules from? God or man?

You criticize my anglicanized Greek (using English letters for Greek spelling) as terrible for the lack of two letter "e"s... the difference between "en" and "een" (citing man's language, man's spelling, man's grammar).

Then you accuse me of listening to man.

When actually I pointed out what the Bible says (whether I misspelled one word or not) which you chose to make a production out of and an opportunity to try to impugn me to discredit me rather than the actual point being made by me. 

And to attempt to discredit the application of the exact same grammar structure in John 20:17 that there is in John 1:1 you go back to citing the grammar of man.

These kinds of things are what people must resort to who do not have the truth and who oppose the truth.

If I were to cite scholars, there are plenty who dispute and refute Jehovah's Witness theology and their rewriting of Scriptures.

Oh maybe just one...

BIBLE TRANSLATIONS WHICH STATE THAT "THE WORD WAS GOD"

Douay - "and the Word was God".

Rotherham - "and the Word was God".

King James Version - "the Word was God".

Jerusalem Bible - "and the Word was God".

The New Life Testament - "the Word was God".

The Berkley Version - "and the Word was God".

New Translation (Darby) - "the Word was God".

Modern King James Version - "the Word was God".

Revised Standard Version - "and the Word was God".

American Standard Version - "and the Word was God".

The New International Version - "the Word was God".

Numeric English New Testament - "the Word was God".

The New American Standard Bible - "and the Word was God".

The New Testament in Basic English - "and the Word was God".

Young's Literal Translation of the Bible - "and the Word was God".

The New Testament in Modern Speech (Weymouth) - "and the Word was God".

The New Testament in Modern English (Montgomer) - "and the Word was God".

The New Testament in Modern English (Phillips "that word, was with God, and was God".

The text of the Emphatic Diaglott (published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society)

English Bible - "and what God was, the Word was". "and the Logos was God". Today's English Version - "and he was the same as God". New Translation of the Bible (Moffatt) - "the Logos was divine".

Complete Bible---An American Translation (Smith & Goodspeed) - "the Word was divine".

The NWT has deliberately distorted, changed, added to and taken away key Bible passages that do not agree with what they already believe.

Jehovah's Witnesses in 1969 Kingdom published their interlinear translation of the Greek Scriptures. The Watchtower has literally painted themselves in a corner with its distortion in the New World Translation of John 1:1. In their "New Kingdom Interlinear Translation" of John 1:1, they render the Greek text on the left side of the page more accurately: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was toward the God and god was the Word." However across the page in the right column, the "New World Translation" has, "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God and the Word was A god." So they say the Greek states it this way, but we translate it another way. They subtly attempt to demote Christ to some kind of demigod, with a little g. (mighty and Jehovah the almighty). Isaiah 45:22, "For I am God and there is no other." The existing manuscripts of the New Testament were all written in capital letters (uncials) so there are no distinctions in this lettering and no reason to change to what they have in the NWT.

Mike Oppenheimer. Let Us Reason Ministries