• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Romans 8 v 1-3:

1Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior]. For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do [that is, overcome sin and remove its penalty, its power] being weakened by the flesh [man’s nature without the Holy Spirit], God did: He sent His own Son in the likeness of sinful man as an offering for sin. And He condemned sin in the flesh [subdued it and overcame it in the person of His own Son],

Is argument a sign of a fleshly desire to feel superior?  Is there such a thing as being too spiritual?  Are those who get caught up in the cares of this world able to be led by the Spirit of God?

Let us reason together and with God, as it were, that we would encourage one another in our walk with Him :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member

Hi there, Duggerfan, what do you think about the questions I posed?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

"Is argument a sign of a fleshly desire to feel superior?"

Thought I'd start with the first question. I think it can be, but not necessarily. An argument can be a simple as a discussion over a disagreement or a very emotional exchange. It's the motive and goal of those involved that decide the course. Just my thoughts.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Romans 8 v 1-3:

1Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior]. For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do [that is, overcome sin and remove its penalty, its power] being weakened by the flesh [man’s nature without the Holy Spirit], God did: He sent His own Son in the likeness of sinful man as an offering for sin. And He condemned sin in the flesh [subdued it and overcame it in the person of His own Son],

Is argument a sign of a fleshly desire to feel superior?  Is there such a thing as being too spiritual?  Are those who get caught up in the cares of this world able to be led by the Spirit of God?

Let us reason together and with God, as it were, that we would encourage one another in our walk with Him :)

I read the scriptures, does it say that the old is out."the wages of sin is death", the new is in, in Jesus Christ we are under his righteousness, we still have our own, and even if we are unrighteous in our selfs, Jesus is still righteous, we are the ones sining not him, and we still are under his blood, we still believe, sin can never give any one who believes in Jesus death,

Is that what you call argument, clarifieing matters , I accept an examination and I will never walk away, and I will review everything in due time, carefully. But I was not all the time like that, I was quite the opposit, if I remain without argument, with a lazy mind in spiritual matters, then if I was born without Christ, then for sure I would died without Christ, been indifferent.

Jesus gives thirst to know. Does it matter if we learn from our confusion too. What is cares of life, according to your gospel, without knowing have judge something good? Do you know that Jesus envy to have Paul for himself, for he found what he needed in the camp of the enemy, and for other reasons, And who can tell Jesus to turn his back to the very people he care about before he died, the more he cares for them after he died, the strongest believers, and kinder are those who have expirience in the cares of life, I don't ignore the extreme, and closed mindlessness. And the influence of distortion. But we are not in heaven. 

I don't mean disrespect and I am not highjacking your post, but I wiil say something and you judge and arguing with your self.

I only had Jesus as a Savior the most part of my life, later I decided to "follow Jesus" and repented, and ask him to be a guide to me in the newest of life and hopefully he can benefit from me, making me usefull for his work. 

Thanks for your input guys; but Cletus I'm a little confused about your answer to question 2: are you saying that there is such a thing as being too spiritual with the salt? Or not enough with the lukewarmness?  Please clarify, thanks brother! :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Romans 8 v 1-3:

Is argument a sign of a fleshy desire to feel superior?  Sometimes, but at times among believers in friendship it can also be sharpening of the mind:  Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.  Proverbs 27:17

Is there such a thing as being too spiritual?  Yes and before I knew Jesus as my Savior, boy could I bragged to God how great I was, but this is more of what it is to be spiritually dead, that is without Christ, Ephesians 2:1-10.  Now that I know Christ, He is my only Hope.  For all my righteousness is as filthy rags before God, Isaiah 64:6.

Are those who get caught up in the cares of this world able to be lead by the Spirit of God?  It depend to what amount.  We all as believers can be carnal.  But when looking at the parable of the Sower, Jesus state their are 4 types of ground (the human heart) the seed fell upon, and only one was good.  Talking about the 3rd ground Jesus states the seed fell among thorns in Luke 8:7; later in the parable Jesus describe this ground as:  And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard; go forth, and are choked with the cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.  Luke 8:14   This type of ground is spoken of in Hebrews 6:4-8.  One way to tell if it is a believer is if they are living worldly God will chasten His children, Hebrews 12:5-11.  So the Christian living worldly are being lead by the Spirit (in a sense) into the Father's Woodshed.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

Romans 8 v 1-3:

I do not view 'argument' as necessarily a sign of a fleshly desire to feel superior. It can be, but it can also be a way to search the scriptures, listen to others, present arguments, to come to an understanding of scripture. 

I do not believe there is such a thing as being too spiritual. How could there be, as being spiritual is actually listening to God, following God, being conformed to Jesus, etc. However, I have met people who acted very spiritual, but after a while, I have found sometimes that they are really just religious and not spiritual.

I think we all get caught up in fears of what might happen given what appear to be bad circumstances. If I lose my job, at first, I might fear for a shortage of money, or finding another job. That would be cares of the world. It is then that God starts to teach. Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience

Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2 Cor 12:9 And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

So, in my view, we do get caught up in the cares of the world, but God uses these trials, tribulations, weaknesses and sufferings to perfect us.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found to praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Those who think they know it all upset those of us who do!

It is impossible to be too spiritual when speaking of the Holy Spirit.  We can never be overly consumed with our passion for God and living for Him in His Presence.  But we can do this while serving our family, our friends, on our job and in church.    Our human spirit can become corrupted with pride and thinking too highly of oneself.  

Jesus told James & John that they did not know what spirit they are of when they wanted to rain down fire and brimstone on the town for rejecting Jesus.  We can think we are doing right but it is our flesh that is in control rather than God.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Romans 8 v 1-3:

Beloved sister for some time I am trying to understand the relevance between the scriptures you have posted and the questions. 

Even for me your message in the scriptures is not very clear, would you like to touch a litle bit on that, and many have reply to you, say something (if you like) to every one, the make your posting work, (unless you are a journalist). Don't mine me I am not imposing, but you mention something in the scriptures that is not in your questions.

a) the law of Sin and Death. 

b) the Law of life in Jesus Christ.

I see b) is related to Jesus, but what about a) I'd related to what an to whom?