shaunyyea

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, My question is, does God always forgive our sins?. Lets say someone keeps committing the same sin over and over again, falling into it. Will God continue to forgive when the person is sorry and confesses?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Hi, My question is, does God always forgive our sins?. Lets say someone keeps committing the same sin over and over again, falling into it. Will God continue to forgive when the person is sorry and confesses?

~

Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21-22 (English Standard Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10 (English Standard Version)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

https://www.google.com/search?q=Will+God+continue+to+forgive+when+the+person+is+sorry+and+confesses%3F&oq=Will+God+continue+to+forgive+when+the+person+is+sorry+and+confesses%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57.6139381j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8  And the scripture says in Proverbs 15:29

ok thank you for that, much appreciated. 

One correction it actually doesn't say 77 times but rather 77 x 7 its a metaphor for keep forgiving.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Study repentance.

It's not a limitation of God's mercy or grace. It's a matter of one's own heart.

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Romans 2:5

Sorrow and confession are not quite the same as repentance, but a good start!

"Now I rejoice , not that ye were made sorry , but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing."

2 Cor 7:9

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Yes and yes, God will forgive until you die. BUT, will a hardened sinner want to really repent? that is the crucial question. The answer is no, they may not want to anymore, because the sin has become part of them, and their love.

If you recognize an idol...you will not enter heaven with it, you have to smash it, and there is no excuse for not succeeding - because the Lord will help you if you plead with Him to do it. 

Self importance, is a killer. Why are we so important that we ought to have this and that idol?

well said both of you. as for me im doing well thank God, touch wood.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

You need to be truly repentant.  That means to have turned away from sinful life styles, admitting you are lost, and trusted in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to save you.  If in your heart you hate sin and have cast yourself on God's mercy to help you stop sinning, of course you will be forgiven and you will be made as pure as snow in God's eyes.  He won't even remember the sinful past.  But too often we leave loopholes.  

It is like I go on a diet but in the back of my mind I think, I will stay on it unless my husband brings me home brownies.  So he brings me brownies.  Or we tell ourselves that we won't drink alcohol or use drugs but we continue with our old friends and go to the tavern.  Sometimes we need to make an effort not to be in the way of temptation.  We need to find new friends, even go to rehab and go to AA.  We can block the TV channels and put blocks on our internet for certain channels or material.  I have done this for myself so I won't accidentally stumble into offensive stuff while switching channels or surfing.  Most of all we learn to listen to God directing us to do the good stuff he created us to do.  This is walking according to the Holy Spirit.  If we do that we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We also read our Bibles and pray a lot to fill ourselves with good thoughts.  So we seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness (not our own).  Only God is good.  We are sinners saved by God's favor for the undeserving.  Jesus did not come for the righteous but for sinners.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

Psa 86:5  For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. 

Jesus said to Peter to forgive 7 x 70 times... 

This is not to cause to continue in sin..

True fear of God, True repentance don't go to sin again.. 

Need to seek the truth according to word of God