• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Ezra,

I so respect your gifting in the Lord. You are a teacher in the Lord, & can write things quite clearly. I so agree with so much of what you have written, but as you can expect I do have a few `wee` questions. :rolleyes:

Firstly let me say how wonderful to read of us being transformed into the likeness of Christ. No other group had that privilege, & to have those glorified bodies that can go through different realms. Also glad you see that the `spirits of just men (& women) are separate in the general assembly, (Heb. 12). But a small detail there, Ezra, they looked for a city, & they will not get their new bodies till that time - new heavens & new earth. They are not looking for a time on earth in the millennium when there is still death & decay.

Next the detail of what we are grafted into - we are grafted into the Lord Himself. Only He is the `holy root,` the one the `nourishes us,` & `supports us` as per Romans 11.

Now I`m very pleased to see that you understand & believe that a man called David will be king, prince over Israel during the millennium.  But again a little detail here. The New Jerusalem does not come down from the upper heavens till the time of the new heavens & new earth. At least you don`t have us on the earth, & that is somewhat better than that.

So next question is, (if you want to have a go) as there is still an authority position (which God made) in the third heaven, where Lucifer was cast out - Who is going to be positioned there with Christ on His throne (the seat of power)  in that realm?   

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Montana Marv,

I so agree with all of what you say except, :( that we are the `bride.` I find no where does God use the female symbol, `bride,` for Christ`s Body.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Rev 19: 7,8 - Let us rejoice and be glad and give him the glory.  For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready.  Fine linen, bright and clean was given her to wear. (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints).   Matt 25: 1-13 - and the bridegroom was a long time in coming.  At midnight the cry rang out; Here is the bridegroom.  Come out and meet him.  The virgins who were ready went in with him o the wedding banquet, and door was shut.  Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or hour (of the Bridegroom coming).  Matt 24: 36 - No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but only the Father.  So if Christ is the Bridegroom, who is the Bride???  The one He gave the Comforter to.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

To All

The Church (Bride of Christ, Body of Christ) is separate from all OT saints and 70th Week (Tribulation saints).  We the Bride have been given the Holy Spirit to indwell us at all times.  The OT saints and the 70 Week saints have not been given the Holy Spirit to indwell them.  We the Bride have not been promised a (People [National Israel], Land [Promise land] or Seed [Christ]), as Abraham was promised through Issac and Jacob.  The Bride is made up of both Jew and Gentile...  Bond and Free,  Rich or Poor, of All Ethnic associations, Male and Female.  The indwelt ones.

The Bride is not Israel.  Israel is not the Bride.  Israel is Gods chosen nation, and always will be.  God cannot go back on a promise.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Any thoughts then as to why the description of the bride of Christ mentions the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel in Rev 21?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi Montana Marv,

Thank you for replying. Now who is the Lord talking to there in Matthew? Remember that the Lord did not reveal the Body of Christ till He ascended on high. He also told the Body of Christ that He would not come for them as a thief.

`But you, brethren are not in darkness that this day should overtake you as a thief.` (1 Thess. 5: 4)

Also interested to know your answer to Last Daze.

Marilyn.

To All

The Church (Bride of Christ, Body of Christ) is separate from all OT saints and 70th Week (Tribulation saints).  We the Bride have been given the Holy Spirit to indwell us at all times.  The OT saints and the 70 Week saints have not been given the Holy Spirit to indwell them.  We the Bride have not been promised a (People [National Israel], Land [Promise land] or Seed [Christ]), as Abraham was promised through Issac and Jacob.  The Bride is made up of both Jew and Gentile...  Bond and Free,  Rich or Poor, of All Ethnic associations, Male and Female.  The indwelt ones.

The Bride is not Israel.  Israel is not the Bride.  Israel is Gods chosen nation, and always will be.  God cannot go back on a promise.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Any thoughts then as to why the description of the bride of Christ mentions the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel in Rev 21?

The Bride of Christ does not mention the twelve tribes.  But, the New Jerusalem is described as the dwelling place of God. per Rev 21:3.

Here is the true description of the Bride.  Romans 7 (husband and the wife) v.4 - So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.  And yet the best is this: Eph 5:29-32 - After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does for the Church.  For we are members of his body.  For this reason a man will leave his father and mother an be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.  This is a profound mystery, but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Enough said.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

The names of the twelve tribes of Israel are written on THE GATES of the Heavenly City New Jerusalem (Rev 21:12), but the city is NOT the Bride.  It personifies the Bride, which is the Church. As to why these names are there, there could be a number of reasons, including the fact that the Gospel and the Messiah came from Israel.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

But a small detail there, Ezra, they looked for a city, & they will not get their new bodies till that time - new heavens & new earth.

As already mentioned, ALL the saints will come with Christ to receive glorified spiritual bodies at the Resurrection/Rapture, which will take place long before the New Heavens and the New Earth come into existence.

Next the detail of what we are grafted into - we are grafted into the Lord Himself.

"Grafting" is never used in the NT for our relationship to Christ, but always regarding our relationship to the believing and redeemed remnant of Israel.  Please note (Romans 11:12-24)

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;..

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

So next question is, (if you want to have a go) as there is still an authority position (which God made) in the third heaven, where Lucifer was cast out - Who is going to be positioned there with Christ on His throne (the seat of power)  in that realm? 

The throne of God will be eternally in the New Jerusalem, so all Christ's authority will be there also (Rev. 21:22-24; 22:1-6).

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi Ezra,

Now I missed that scripture to back up your thoughts that `ALL the saints will come with Christ to receive glorified spiritual bodies at the Resurrection/Rapture` (re: the OT saints & the Body of Christ.)

Now as to God & Christ`s authority being in the New Jerusalem, I totally agree. However God & the Lord Jesus do NOT move their seat of power & authority, their eternal throne, in the third heaven down, down down????:o So who do you see in God`s word has been promised to rule with Him on His throne in the third heaven?

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

The Bride of Christ does not mention the twelve tribes.  But, the New Jerusalem is described as the dwelling place of God. per Rev 21:3.

This is a profound mystery, but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Yes, the twelve tribes are specifically mentioned in the context of the bride of Christ as I clearly showed in a previous post.  Perhaps you should revisit the "profound mystery".  Mysteries are mysterious.  Who exactly is the ekklesia or church?

This is a profound mystery, but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Yes, the twelve tribes are specifically mentioned in the context of the bride of Christ as I clearly showed in a previous post.  Perhaps you should revisit the "profound mystery".  Mysteries are mysterious.  Who exactly is the ekklesia or church?

You do not understand that chapter.  The New Jerusalem is prepared as a bride, adorned as a bride, similar to a bride, likened to a bride.  The New Jerusalem is not the Bride of Christ, but adorned as a bride.  For it is the Dwelling place of God which has come to the New Earth and out of the New Heaven.  Look at the last verse in the chapter. Chp 21:27 - Nothing impure will ever enter it (the New Jerusalem), nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lambs Book of Life.

So if ones name is written in the Lambs Book of Life, they may enter into this city (the New Jerusalem)  Since my name is written in the Lambs Book of Life and indwelt by the Holy Spirit (being part of the Bride/Church) and redeemed by Christ, I may enter this city.  I am not the mortar of this city.

In Christ

Montana Marv