Ezra

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

That was pretty blunt Butero. Perhaps a bit callous as well brother, but I may be wrong. 

It may just be me, but I perceive animosity in your words. That is for you to decide, and is in no way an accusation, just an opinion. 

Please, pray about this and think about how " being right " is much more than correctness on a particular topic.

Love you both in Christ !

Thanks for the advise, but I was of the opinion that bluntness is what everyone desires.  If that is no longer the case, they can say so, and I will try to be less blunt. 

That was pretty blunt Butero. Perhaps a bit callous as well brother, but I may be wrong. 

It may just be me, but I perceive animosity in your words. That is for you to decide, and is in no way an accusation, just an opinion. 

Please, pray about this and think about how " being right " is much more than correctness on a particular topic.

Love you both in Christ !

Thanks for the advise, but I was of the opinion that bluntness is what everyone desires.  If that is no longer the case, they can say so, and I will try to be less blunt. 

Butero , you can only speak bluntly if you're not angry --- new rule -- OK? Bro .......:unsure: sigh....:noidea:

Thanks Davida,

I think that anger does govern our responses to others at times ( and anger is sinful ) so amen ! Best to consider our words carefully. 

Sorry, I do not use sarcasm to make my point. I respect and love you all, but please do not assume that I am naive.

The only advice I offered was to prayerfully consider what a " victory " is in this " debate ". I take no issue with your emotions coming through in your comments but Is it not best that each reader be edified and God's name be praised ? Of course brother. No more advice than that.

No offense was taken.  I am just telling you where I stand.  I will take your advise under consideration.  Thanks.

Thanks brother. I'll leave it at that. God bless you in abundance, in Jesus name !

Something else I probably should make clear.  I come across more angry at times in my post than I am.  I didn't write that on the spur of the moment putting no thought into it.  I had thought about the conversation while driving down the road, and knew what I was going to tell Shiloh if he continued with the same line of comments.  I am not really angry.  I am a bit frustrated with the nonsense I am having to deal with in regard to claiming I didn't prove something I did prove, and asking me to waste time showing point by point why an article that had no substance and gave nothing to back it up was false, but I am not angry.  I knew what debating Shiloh was like before I started.  He will say I am ignoring things that are substantial while ignoring things I posted that are substantial.  He will say that in one instance, a word must be accepted as he says it is because of the way it is used in other places, while ignoring where I did the same thing with another word.  He just claims he is expanding the definition, which is garbage.  I think I am doing good considering what I am dealing with.  Still, I am not really angry.  I am not angry over the personal insults, or his bluntness.  I find it funny, but I did see where other people have gotten offended by it in this thread, and I am just pointing out why they are offended.  I just laugh it off when it happens now, like there goes Shiloh again.  But the obvious thought of how he would be in a marriage did cross my mind today, and I believe what I said to be true. 

Something else I probably should make clear.  I come across more angry at times in my post than I am.  I didn't write that on the spur of the moment putting no thought into it.  I had thought about the conversation while driving down the road, and knew what I was going to tell Shiloh if he continued with the same line of comments.  I am not really angry.  I am a bit frustrated with the nonsense I am having to deal with in regard to claiming I didn't prove something I did prove, and asking me to waste time showing point by point why an article that had no substance and gave nothing to back it up was false, but I am not angry.  I knew what debating Shiloh was like before I started.  He will say I am ignoring things that are substantial while ignoring things I posted that are substantial.  He will say that in one instance, a word must be accepted as he says it is because of the way it is used in other places, while ignoring where I did the same thing with another word.  He just claims he is expanding the definition, which is garbage.  I think I am doing good considering what I am dealing with.  Still, I am not really angry.  I am not angry over the personal insults, or his bluntness.  I find it funny, but I did see where other people have gotten offended by it in this thread, and I am just pointing out why they are offended.  I just laugh it off when it happens now, like there goes Shiloh again.  But the obvious thought of how he would be in a marriage did cross my mind today, and I believe what I said to be true. 

My brother, I am not offended by anything you or Shiloh says. I realize it is an emotional ( or personal ) topic. You both feel very strongly in regards to your position. You both have the same goal, which is to take what you believe as truth and share it. There is no authority in this venue that can decide who is right or wrong, but there is an authority who knows both your hearts and minds. 

Guest shiloh357

Yes, in your mind you have "proven"  everything you claim.  But from the standard and objective rule of "proof"  you have not.   And I have not ignored ONE thing you have said.   I have spent more time than I should responding to you point for point, and in some cases, line by line.  You, simply quote my entire post and then respond in one or two paragraphs and only then to respond to a few points I made,  so this is not tit-for-tat.   I am debating, you are simply dismissing and acting like dismissing counts as a refutation of the points I have made.   You misquote me and misrepresent what I have said and I am constantly having to go back and reiterate what I said because  you are either unwilling or unable to frame my comments correctly in your response.   I can't tell if its the case that you can't be trusted in debate or if you are too obtuse to understand what real debate looks like.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Ezra, I'm going to have to agree with Esther here ( don't faint, Esther! :P) because feminism and communism are simply not the same thing.  A woman demanding to be treated and paid equally bears no connection to a Marxist idealogy that enslaves the populace. Be aware that most women are not militant feminists but are just people trying to make their way in the world and want a level playing field. The Patriarchal society she references is OVER, at least in western countries.  And that's good for everyone; even you men.

And all God's people said AMEN!!!