IGNORED

When is it time to let the world go and focus on the things of God.

Riverwalker

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/12/2015, 3:47:05, Openly Curious said:

Title of your OP asks the question "When is it time to let the world go and focus on the things of God"?

My answer to your question would be simply that there is no better time than right now to let the world go by and to focus on the things of God.

Let the world go by but give me Jesus.  The world is on a path to destruction sure we have to be about the great commission and occupy until Christ comes but it is equally true and scriptural that we have to save ourselves from this untoward generation.  Now is the time

What you have to understand Curious is that God has already won the war.  We just have to keep on spreading His Word and not miss a ministry moment. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

What you have to understand Curious is that God has already won the war.  We just have to keep on spreading His Word and not miss a ministry moment. 

Yeah that is what I said and I do understand the good fight we already won the battle before we even go through it but we still have to go through the battle but that is why they call it the good fight of faith because we win the fight.  There is no better time than right now to get about the things of God.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/11/2015 at 2:03 PM, manuelf324 said:

The time is when you realize your a living sacrifice. You look presentable to the world clean shaven for men modest apparel for women. You start paying attention to what you say and how you look like.  The dying to yourself daily and renewing of your mind daily. This can only be done  by swallowing your pride and being  humble yielding to the Holy Ghost! 

I hope that doesn't mean I have to quit wearing blue jeans, T-shirts and boots.  I believe when you really walk with God you are going to follow the right path.  We as spirit filled believers are to naturally  walk in the Spirit of God.  As a Christian woman I will not walk into a place not properly dressed.  As stated I pretty much live in jeans and boots and casual tops. even to church.  I"m far more concerned that I don't miss what my sister in the Lord call ministry moments.  I want only for God to use me to point others to the Kingdom of God.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The Holy Ghost is your final authority no question. Man ought to obey God not man. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 11/2/2015 at 5:43 PM, Riverwalker said:

In my mind has gone from a country and a world in danger, to a country and a world collapsed, and I am no longer looking to right a ship that seems by all accounts to be capsized, instead I am running a search and rescue operation.

Hey Riverwalker,    I basically agree with your whole post. I edited it because I love the symbolism you used here. I even went to your Blog site and read a bit. I feel we have a few things in common. I too have been a real Christian some 33 yrs. And when I think back to how I was then compared to now, ---------- I can't believe what a lame brain I was. No wonder no one I spoke to about God ever really came to a Born Again church with me.  I'll use a simple analogy. Let us assume a certain man wants to make a western omelet for his guests. He has all the right ingredients as well as the best cooking ware for the task.  He then turns on the gas and puts his pan on the high flame. Then he slices up an unpeeled onion in 1/4" slices and throws them in the pan. He then adds a few slices of deli ham. Finally he throws in a dozen eggs (whole) and proceeds to stir it for 1 minute. He serves this to his guests. They are perfect gentlemen and ladies. They sit and pick at it agreeing he should open an early morning deli for folks on the go. However, once they leave his house he never even hears from 1 again. The poor guy knew not why. 

I've come to believe we need to use different strategies when sharing God, and 1 consideration is where you are, as in the state. What sort of person are you speaking to, meaning is he/she very knowledgeable and always needs to ask many questions before he/she will even consider your words.

I live in NYS but the county is not one where the average person ever even speaks of God. Maybe it's just best for me, but I focus on planting seeds in all people. Those who are ready to hear more, usually come looking for me. Therefore I do as Paul said in 1 Corinthians.

I also remember what I was like 30 to 40 yrs ago. The harder I was pushed the firmer I stood my ground. But since I'm here all these yrs later, I have to say it was God Himself who convinced me.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

On 11/2/2015 at 4:43 PM, Riverwalker said:

I used to care.  I used burn, I used to rage against the liberal and immoral path the world is racing down.   I used to bleed the conservative message.

... I used to care.

Then about 12 months ago, I could no longer carry the burden of a society that literally wants to go to hell.

I unplugged the cable, I stopped reading the news, I changed the radio channel from Rush Limbaugh to KLove

I just could no longer fight a losing battle. You cannot save those who do not want to be saved.

I decided instead to focus on the Christian Message, and shine the light in the darkness, to pull as many people from the soon to be wreckage of this world.

Am I silent, no...not at all.  But now instead of striving for liberty, and equality and freedom and all the good things that used to make this country and world great, I now strive for the morality and liberty of Christ in the hearts of those who seek Him

In my mind has gone from a country and a world in danger, to a country and a world collapsed, and I am no longer looking to right a ship that seems by all accounts to be capsized, instead I am running a search and rescue operation.

Have I pulled the plug too soon? Is there hope for the world to return to a sane and reasonable place? Is revival possible,?  Or are we on the final glide path to tribulation?

Seeking opinions here

I was that way, and I did what you did.
For where we are at in this time, we need to be strong, and stand up for what we believe.
I was in prison for 10 years, and was a lot like the worldly christian that we see today.
Now I am doing things to change the minds of atheists, agnostics, and those who sit on the fence.  
We need to remember that it is the death, burial, and resurrection. That is the gospel.
It is a full time job, and I am loving it.
To those who are scientists, we need to show them these things where they are.
For those who are atheists, we need to meet them where they are.  We need to show the proof of the hope that is within us.
For others on the fence, we need to show them why they need to get it together.