• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 minute ago, ARGOSY said:

Does the bible say in the "beginning of time"    No, you are assuming that. The text does not say that

Does the bible say "in the begining of Mankind's story"      No, I just assume it's about man's story. There's the angel's story. There are many wonderful things happening for billions of years before God decided to make Man or even this particular dimension/universe

Who is right?  We cannot say. Context is just not clear what was "beginning"..   I believe Genesis 1 is about Mankind's story. God making a formless, empty, watery planet into a habitable planet to create mankind.  But the wording is not 100% clear. Neither can I be proved wrong.

Understood.  I understand "in the beginning" means the beginning.  Why God would create a formless, empty watery planet before the beginning is beyond me.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

7 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Understood.  I understand "in the beginning" means the beginning.  Why God would create a formless, empty watery planet before the beginning is beyond me.  

Are you saying God never existed before the creation of Genesis 1?    Now for all eternity, a billion upon billion years you are claiming that God did nothing before he made earth?  Sorry I cannot agree, God was always doing things, there have been a billion other projects , maybe even more.    So things did actually occur before the beginning.   So the bible is just the story of this little project. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

4 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Are you saying God never existed before the creation of Genesis 1?    Now for all eternity, a billion upon billion years you are claiming that God did nothing before he made earth?  Sorry I cannot agree, God was always doing things, there have been a billion other projects , maybe even more.    So things did actually occur before the beginning.   So the bible is just the story of this little project. 

Some sci-fi could be true, not all sci-fi is true, your theory is not supported by other scripture.

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Where did you get the "billion upon billion years"?

My limited expression of God's existence forever

Guest Teditis
2 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

My limited expression of God's existence forever

Not meaning to argue, but it seems a bit gratuitous to assign billions and billions of years to Creation

without some proof, either Biblical or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Some sci-fi could be true, not all sci-fi is true, your theory is not supported by other scripture.

I'm not really following you. God is eternal. That is my scriptural backing.    He also created the concept of creativity, because He created everything.  A creative eternal God would therefore, just by definition of His character, would have been doing things before creation week. 

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Not meaning to argue, but it seems a bit gratuitous to assign billions and billions of years to Creation

without some proof, either Biblical or otherwise.

I'm not assigning billions of years to creation week. I am assigning billions of years to the period BEFORE creation week.  hmbld seems to be claiming that nothing ever happened before creation week. I claim that with an eternal and intelligent and creative God, his suggestion is impossible.

Guest Teditis
1 minute ago, ARGOSY said:

I'm not assigning billions of years to creation week. I am assigning billions of years to the period BEFORE creation week.  hmbld seems to be claiming that nothing ever happened before creation week. I claim that with an eternal and intelligent and creative God, his suggestion is impossible.

Okay, and I'm asking where do you get the billions of years... before Creation-week... from any source

either Biblical or otherwise?

3 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Okay, and I'm asking where do you get the billions of years... before Creation-week... from any source

either Biblical or otherwise?

From the bible.

he called on the name of the Lord, the Eternal  God.

If he is eternal, then he would have existed before any of the physical matter mentioned in Genesis 1