IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

7 minutes ago, Shar said:

I would appreciate a response to my question.  If this is meant that all food is clean for consumption, they why did the Apostles and the early believers remain Kosher and keep the Levitical Laws, after Jesus died?  It is simple, because the dietary laws were not changed.  I clearly accept ACTS.  Read Acts 15.  They placed initially 4 laws on the Gentiles coming into the synagogue.  This was so they would be able to approach and be near a Jew so they could learn the faith.  It states that let's not make it difficult on them.  Moses is taught in the synagogue every Sabbath.  In other words, The Gentiles will learn as they study and learn the faith and then will be able to come more fully into what is required of them without overwhelming them,

They didn't remain kosher.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

Shar,

im not post but if I may get in on this....maybe the Apostles you referenced continued not to eat porky because they didn't want to be a stumbling block to their fellow Jews. See Romans 14.  

Also, didn't paul/Saul continue to practice some Jewish customs to show Jews, "hey, I'm still one of you guys, listen to my message!" (My paraphrase)

Stumbling block has to do with the marketplace issue I just addressed.  Paul practiced Judaism because the faith was a sect of Judaism. Paul stated that many times and it was referred to as such many times in Acts.  The faith was known as the sect "The Way".

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, post said:

no problem - we're all here to learn from each other, and put here to build each other up. how could i hold it against you that you didn't see, if now you do! i'm glad that God has used me to bring this to your attention! - & i think a lot of people don't realize that's in the Bible. it's not in Matthew's gospel where the same discussion is recorded (ch. 15). 
most English translations put that in parenthesis ( ) - different from brackets [ ]
as i understand it, brackets are usually there to indicate that something isn't in the Greek specifically but is inferred by way of translating a word that doesn't have a direct literal counterpart in English, or for something that's in some Greek manuscripts but not in others. as far as this particular verse in Mark, though, i've never seen a footnote saying that there was any dispute over whether it belonged or that it's not what is literally in the Greek. i think the parenthesis are there because it's a 'parenthetical statement' - that Mark himself added according to his understanding, while recording Christ's own dialogue. an 'aside' - just like Mark 7:3-4 are, and are also in parenthesis - a thing Mark added by way of explanation. 

that Christ is talking about much more than just food here, and that what's "in the stomach" is nothing compared to what's "in the heart" -- amen! 100% with you there :)

Well said again, brother.  It's interesting mark has that in parenthesis and Matthew doesn't. Now I see why I missed it. I think Mark is by far the gospel writer I lest reference and read. The other three get much much more face time from me than Mark (sorry Mark, no offense intended). 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, Shar said:

Stumbling block has to do with the marketplace issue I just addressed.  Paul practiced Judaism because the faith was a sect of Judaism. Paul stated that many times and it was referred to as such many times in Acts.  The faith was known as the sect "The Way".

It also had to do with what was laid on the Gentiles because they could be a stumbling block, an offense, to the Jews they lived among, and what was not laid on them - Acts 15.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

And gentiles ate the foods the Old Testament declared unclean for the Jews.  Peter was not told to convert them to keeping the Mosaic law of what foods to eat.   In accepting the Gentiles into the Church, they also accepted their food practices as well, which puts additional light onto what Peter was told in his vision.

He was not to declare unclean what God declared clean and at the same time was shown all those animals which previously were unclean.

The Gentile christians did not keep the dietary laws of the Jews.   The Gentile christians were never told not to eat pork.     They WERE told, for the sake of the Jewish people among whom they were living to abstain from foods offered to idols and to meats from strangled animals:

• Acts 15    19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 

Why does he say he said this?  

• 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Because those things would offend the Jews in every city where gentile believers also lived.     And this is also in line with what Paul tells us about eating anything -  we have the liberty in Christ to eat anything, but we do not have the liberty in Christ to make another stumble by our liberty, so if around those who would be offended by our liberty in what we eat, we are to abstain from eating those things so we don't become a stumbling block to others:

• 1 Cor 8   13Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

The dietary laws did not apply to them any more than it  applies to us today.   The law of Love is to govern all our actions.

you refuse to see what is given to show why , and you stick to your own belief , and you have not still answered my question, of Isaiah 66, 15 -17, and I know why you will not answer me , because this is what you cannot explain, and if you try you know it be twisting scripture , so are you going to explain this scripture I gavre you  and stop dancing around, ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

They didn't remain kosher.

Show me in G-d's word where the apostles did not remain Kosher and did not keep the Judaic laws that were established.  Remember, when Jesus and the Apostles spoke of the scripture and referenced scripture, they were not speaking of the New Testament.   It did not exist.

8 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Paul said he became all things to all people, to the Jew as a Jew, to the gentile as a gentile - because he was free in Christ to do so.

Peter also did the same, and ate with the gentiles their food.   When the Jews who held that the law must be kept came, Peter, who had been eating with the gentiles, changed his behavior because he was afraid of them, and Paul rebuked him for his hypocrisy

• Gal 2   11But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision

they ate with the gentiles , but do you know if they had bacon cheesburgers ? no . and after Christ it is proven that peter did not violate the law by the vision in acts 10

so try again , your response is weak and holds no evidence, only that He ate with them, not what He ate,  this is amazing to hear , what is being said, in these post,  and to think , we know Jesus , and the teachings given, , do we even know about the ten commandments ,oh I forgot , all the law you said is obsolete and void, now ,   wow really ?

Sinner and shar,

so you two (batman and robin, lol) seem to believe "it is too difficult" for Gentiles to NOT eat porky.  Hmmmmm

if they think that is to difficult wait until they find out about plucking out your eye when it begins to lust, or turn the other cheek when someone slanders your name. 

Just now, Spock said:

Sinner and shar,

so you two (batman and robin, lol) seem to believe "it is too difficult" for Gentiles to NOT eat porky.  Hmmmmm

if they think that is to difficult wait until they find out about plucking out your eye when it begins to lust, or turn the other cheek when someone slanders your name. 

lol thanks , this is fun and I needed that laugh.

21 minutes ago, post said:

someone said 
"
where iron sharpens iron, sparks fly

:laugh: how true!