IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, shiloh357 said:

How exactly does the fact that it is not a salvation issue oblgate the church to follow the commands of Leviticus 11?   I fail to see how the fact that it is not a salvation issue means, "You must keep the dietary laws."

You're the one who wants to argue that point of being obligatory per NT doctrine. I never made any such statement; no one else here has either.

What you are REALLY arguing, is whether or not eating outside God's healthy meat list produces the same result as eating what He said is OK to eat. Scientifically this is easy to prove.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Salty said:

You're the one who wants to argue that point of being obligatory per NT doctrine. I never made any such statement; no one else here has either.

I said: " But you have not established that the dietary laws laid down in Leviticus are obligatory to the Church."

Your response: " Yes I did, when I said this is not a Salvation issue."

So you are saying it is obligatory, contradicting my claim that you did not establish that it was obligatory.  

What you are REALLY arguing, is whether or not eating outside God's healthy meat list produces the same result as eating what He said is OK to eat. Scientifically this is easy to prove.

There is nothing "healthy" about Leviticus 11.  You can be just as healthy eating pork and shellfish, as not.  Health was not the reasons that God gave those commands to Israel.

I said: " But you have not established that the dietary laws laid down in Leviticus are obligatory to the Church."

Your response: " Yes I did, when I said this is not a Salvation issue."

So you are saying it is obligatory, contradicting my claim that you did not establish that it was obligatory.  

There is nothing "healthy" about Leviticus 11.  You can be just as healthy eating pork and shellfish, as not.  Health was not the reasons that God gave those commands to Israel.

And I said no one here made any such statement that it was obligatory to eat only from God's health law. That idea is naturally included in my statement that this matter is not a Salvation issue. Common sense, not absolutism.

That statement is false.

It has been proven that shell fish especially, is very high in cholesterol, whereas fish with scales is high in Omega-3 which cuts bad cholesterol in the body. This is the reason why FISH OIL is recommended by doctors as dietary supplement.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, inchrist said:

You are in contradiction

It is specifically stated to the Gentiles

Acts 15:23-29New International Version (NIV)

23 With them they sent the following letter:

The apostles and elders, your brothers,

To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syriaand Cilicia:

To not do the following:

29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, 

Then you go and take a scripture and misinterpret it and come up with a contradictionl in 1Co 10:23-33

You have presented a contradiction....

Perhaps understand this statement first

whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

Theres a difference from eating something that was presented to you for example a resturant....you dont need to go asking if the animal was sacrificed to idols

To you yourself actually going amd killing an animal to an idol and then eating it

See the difference? The law is still intact.

You have failed to harmonize with scripture...you are still in the negative.

Where is your proof the Deitary laws have been down away with

I didn't present a contradiction at all.   I presented two different contexts that are easily harmonized.   Acts 15 isn't telling the Gentiles they have to stay kosher.  That was the basis of those four requirements.  For those Gentiles still attending synagogues, this was the basis for table fellowship with the Jewish believers.

Paul's point to the Corinthians had to do with those who chose to abstain from meat sacrificed to idols due to the fact that such had the potential to lead them into sin, vs. those who had no problem eating such. 

Paul made no such distinction in the text about whether or not YOU are sacrificing the animal to an idol.   That is just something you made up.  If you know it is, and you have no problem eating it, then it isn't problem.  

And it should be pointed out that if there was any command to the church to follow Leviticus 11, this would have been the ideal place in I Corinthians to insert those dietary laws since he devoted a significant portion of two chapters to eating.

I never said that dietary commandments are done away with.  I said that they are not obligatory.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Salty said:

That statement is false.

It has been proven that shell fish especially, is very high in cholesterol, whereas fish with scales is high in Omega-3 which cuts bad cholesterol in the body. This is the reason why FISH OIL is recommended by doctors as dietary supplement.

I eat shellfish and have no high cholesterol and never have.  I know people who eat pork, shellfish, catfish and have no health problems.   I mean, yeah, if you ate a pound of bacon, that would be bad for you, but eating a pound of beef in one sitting would be just as bad.

In moderation, nothing is really that unhealthy.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I eat shellfish and have no high cholesterol and never have.  I know people who eat pork, shellfish, catfish and have no health problems.   I mean, yeah, if you ate a pound of bacon, that would be bad for you, but eating a pound of beef in one sitting would be just as bad.

In moderation, nothing is really that unhealthy.

I disagree. Even in moderation, the foods high in cholesterol will build up over time. It's not about being young and being able to eat what you want. It's about when you get older and you wish... you had taken better care of yourself, because it's when you're older that it builds up in your body.

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Again false 

If the person knows about the animal being offered to an idol, then they cannot eat it per Acts 15:23-2

For then it will violate and weaken their conscience (1st Corinthians 10:25-28).

However if the buyer or the eater does not know one way or the other, Paul’s advice was  there is nothing unclean of itself meaning  the clean animal does not suddenly become unclean by itself.

It only becomes unclean when it is offered to an idol and we know about it. 

Paul was not giving us permission to set our own standards regarding unclean animals when Leviticus 11 already sets those standards for us.

Further 

know you not that your body is the temple of the Ruwach ha’Qodesh which is in you, which you have of Elohiym, and you are not your own?

Would anyone dare knowingly offer God unclean meat?

You are scriptually refuted.

No, you forgot about I Corinthians 8 which allows for knowingly eating food sacrificed to an idol so long as it does not make someone else stumble.

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
(1Co 8:4-13)

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Salty said:

I disagree. Even in moderation, the foods high in cholesterol will build up over time. It's not about being young and being able to eat what you want. It's about when you get older and you wish... you had taken better care of yourself, because it's when you're older that it builds up in your body.

Again, lots of healthy people of all ages, young and old eat pork and shellfish and have no problems.

Most of the people I know that have health problems gorged on food when they were young and are obese.  They had lots of greasy foods, french fries, cheeseburgers and drank lots of high sugar soda and now have tons of problems.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

My opinion is yes, it is OK to eat pork. We're not Jews nor Muslims, right?