IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

683 or 684 whichever this one is.

I simply have a comment on blood in meat. I have gone through a stage where I followed the koshering process for cleansing meats. I did not have the blessing from a rabbi, but simply followed the process. Without bothering with details, I simply state the meats had  what I will call a clean and fresh taste. The processing times are different for  poultry  as compared to red meats. And though most meats supposedly can be processed like being koshered, I found that not to be true of ground turkey. Ha, that stuff just disappeared leaving a few cells of something behind.

Within my own family heritage is  the raising of turkeys, about 4000 at any one time, plus chickens, much of which had  rabbinic blessing upon the processing. I was very very young, but  I never ever can forget the first time I was out at what was then the place and way of processing chicken, bleeding them etc. WOW is all my mind's memory can say even today. I guess it does give me an idea of what  being  a  priest  preparing the holy sacrifices must have been like. Geesh what a job keeping a constant supply  of proper sacrifice for burnt offering. Talk about blood to their  bridles, wow is all I can say even today.

good point. God knew what he was talking about. And since He is infinite then even the degree to which we slowly uncover a few of His reasons for saying what He said - it does not mean there are not more of them.

36 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Shiloh

Exactly....Where are Christians obligated to adhere to the 613 commandments of Mosaic Law ?

God Bless,Kwik

Christ quotes the Mosaic Law in

Mark 7:6-13 - the 5h Commandment as "Moses said" and as "Word of God" and as "Commandment of God"

When NT writers quote Moses - they say things like "The Holy Spirit said" because "All Scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16

So then back to Mark 7 - Christ's teaching starts with "in vain do they worship Me teaching for doctrine the commandments of men..." - pretty interesting instruction Christ gives there on the subject of what we eat and which part of the OT to ignore.

and in Matt 22

Deut 6:5 - "Love God with all your heart"

Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself"

What is more there is 1050 New Testament commands.

https://www.cai.org/bible-studies/1050-new-testament-commands

-- At what point do we tell God "you have too many commands"??? What is His 'limit'?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,296
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

21 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

What does that mean? Did God "make a mistake" in telling us not to eat diseased meat in Lev 11? Yes? no?

healthcare professionals have a hard time claiming that God made a mistake at that point in His text.

Your struggle lies in bringing the law into grace... can you tell me what the law was given for? -> salvation or condemnation: this answer is my specific desire to understand where you are!

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Actually it is yourself who has made no case that the mosaic laws do not apply to Gentiles.....or that we genltiles follow some other law....

No, all I have said is that the dietary commandments don't apply to the Gentiles, as they were only given to Israel.   Lev. 11 is not repeated to the Church in the New Testament.   There is no discussion of the OT dietary commandments in any of Paul's epistles, or any of the other epistles.  The epistles provide us the bulk of the doctrinal material outside of the Gospels and since Jesus was not discussing the dietary laws, you cannot appeal to the Gospels on this matter.   The appeal would have to be to the epistles and we simply have no teaching given to the Church about Lev. 11.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

2 hours ago, inchrist said:

No that was given tonthe Jews remember Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees about that, not to gentiles.....it is also a mosiac law, which is claimed we dont follow....sorry but you cant start picking what you feel like from the jews

Whats the definition?

abomination

From shaqats; filth, i.e. (figuratively and specifically) an idolatrous object 

Its an idolatrous object to God.

Jesus is Lord. I love others out of obedience to him. I'm not telling anyone they need to follow the law to be saved because they don't lol. Its by faith.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Absolem said:

Jesus is Lord. I love others out of obedience to him. I'm not telling anyone they need to follow the law to be saved because they don't lol. Its by faith.

COOL!  

So, then,  when someone wants to be adopted by YHWH the CREATOR of EVERYTHING,  or to be born again by His Will,

what do they need to do to become His ?

---------------------------

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Your struggle lies in bringing the law into grace... can you tell me what the law was given for? -> salvation or condemnation: this answer is my specific desire to understand where you are!

Does it really matter why the law was given  ? 

Do you ask a policeman why there are traffic laws ?  Or ask a texas ranger why there are laws against cattle theft and rape ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

COOL!  

So, then,  when someone wants to be adopted by YHWH the CREATOR of EVERYTHING,  or to be born again by His Will,

-------------------------

Repent and believe the gospel.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, Absolem said:

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

COOL!  

-------------------------

Repent and believe the gospel.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Good,  and maybe even correct !  YES !

"This IS the NEW Covenant that I will make with them... I will write My LAW on their heart and mind" Jeremiah 31:31-33

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Easy....bring up every mention of the word food in the NT and give the biblical definition of food.

Acts 15:21 For Mosheh of old time has in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. 

Can you explain to me what these Gentiles are being taught in the synagogues?

They were being taught just what Jesus said about it in Mark 7 - that the statements from Moses  prefaced as "Moses said" - are in fact the 'Word of God' because Moses spoke by inspiration from God.