• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Blessings AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

I am sorry for not answering your question,I was not here for a moment,,,,,,,,,,,,I think I will excuse myself from this thread because I cannot relate to the "got questions" & the single Scripture verses ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the Word of God does not separate "pride" into 3 categories,it is simply"pride",,,,,,,,,,,,you asked me if I meant that "pride" is a 'spirit",,,as in "a demon",fallen angel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,look at the article angels posted & I would ask you to give great consideration to everything that is underlined,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are all  first "thoughts" before they are acted on ,are they not?Pride is a spirit,yes,the spirit influences a mans mind and the result is an emotion we call that emotion  "pride",,,,when actuall we have become "prideful" we have 2 choices,,,,, take captive every thought & "resist the devil & he will flee" or re-act in the flesh & do something underlined,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"carnal minded",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In order to explain better it would take time,Scripture reference in their  context(which would result in a study) not using single Scriptures,,,,,,,The enemy's biggest accomplishment,his best trick is to be disguised,denied,not recognized ,,,,,,,there is a war going on,a spiritual war,,,,real demons,real Heavenly angels,,,,,,,,part of  being "prideful" is that man thinks so highly of himself that hwe cannot even see the enemy at work feeding him thoughts,deceiving,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I do not want to go too far off topic so I will end it here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my sweet Sister Zion asked a very specific question & all I can really answer is that there is an emotion that is okay,we call it "being proud" of,(meaning someone else),,,,,,but that is not really correct because truly ,everything about the word "pride"(by definition) is about "self",,,,,,Paul the Apostle says "We boast for Christ",,,,then I would say,"thats okay" ,,,still,it is not accurate,we are appreciative,grateful ,full of honor,,,,that is how we "boast" for Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see what I mean? This topic runs too deep,,,,,,,,,

Good one Sis Zion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know I love you ,,,,,I am going to excuse myself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God Bless you all,Love ,,,Kwik xoxoxo

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with the way you see things.  Thanks for your reply, and I'm sure will bump into one another on some other threads around here :)

Blessings sis

• Group:  Royal Member

Are those the  answers you were looking for Zion?

How do you answer your own question?

Thank you very much angel for your answers.  The article by Jonathan Edwards seems more like what my pastor seems to be on about.  The post you made after than one prompted a response in me similar to Gary's and a little of what Kwik shared.

Why do we have these emotions, if they are not good?  Seems a bit unfair, except it isn't.  We just don't know how to express them properly much of the time.  There is a direction for anger, contempt, loathing: we should all feel this way about the enemy, and about sin, not about one another.  

Should we feel pride?  I'm with Gary and Kwik on this one: yes!  Not of ourselves, but of one another, and most of all by far, our awesome God!

Should we feel jealous?  Well, God has used the gentiles to provoke Israel to jealousy, that they would return to Him.  He is also jealous for us when we run after other things instead of Him.  If one's spouse's attention is taken up with another member of the opposite sex, I would say that there would be something very amiss in their marriage if said person did not feel any jealousy at all.  That usually is the case in such circumstances.

I could go on, but I do think that all of our emotions are valid, but what triggers them may not be.  We can get caught up and worried by some pretty insignificant things, which is a distraction tactic by the enemy, to deflect any damage that should be coming his way.  Also how we handle these emotions are just as important, however validated we may think we are in feeling a certain way.  Otherwise we can quickly descend into bitterness or fear, which are emotions that tell us there is something wrong and we need to get out of feeling this way.  We need to view things with a correct attitude or we will get into either one or both of those feelings, and they can trap us and stagnate our Christian walk, and cause lack of faith and therefore backsliding.

I do recognise that it is one thing to rationally say all this, and quite another to experience a strong emotion and expect to get a proper hold of it.  How many things have we all said in the heat of a moment of anger that we instantly wish we hadn't?

I could be wrong, but I think that a person who is master of their emotions is a long way on to being perfect.  

That's just me... 

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Are those the  answers you were looking for Zion?

How do you answer your own question?

Thank you very much angel for your answers.  The article by Jonathan Edwards seems more like what my pastor seems to be on about.  The post you made after than one prompted a response in me similar to Gary's and a little of what Kwik shared.

Why do we have these emotions, if they are not good?  Seems a bit unfair, except it isn't.  We just don't know how to express them properly much of the time.  There is a direction for anger, contempt, loathing: we should all feel this way about the enemy, and about sin, not about one another.  

Should we feel pride?  I'm with Gary and Kwik on this one: yes!  Not of ourselves, but of one another, and most of all by far, our awesome God!

Should we feel jealous?  Well, God has used the gentiles to provoke Israel to jealousy, that they would return to Him.  He is also jealous for us when we run after other things instead of Him.  If one's spouse's attention is taken up with another member of the opposite sex, I would say that there would be something very amiss in their marriage if said person did not feel any jealousy at all.  That usually is the case in such circumstances.

I could go on, but I do think that all of our emotions are valid, but what triggers them may not be.  We can get caught up and worried by some pretty insignificant things, which is a distraction tactic by the enemy, to deflect any damage that should be coming his way.  Also how we handle these emotions are just as important, however validated we may think we are in feeling a certain way.  Otherwise we can quickly descend into bitterness or fear, which are emotions that tell us there is something wrong and we need to get out of feeling this way.  We need to view things with a correct attitude or we will get into either one or both of those feelings, and they can trap us and stagnate our Christian walk, and cause lack of faith and therefore backsliding.

I do recognise that it is one thing to rationally say all this, and quite another to experience a strong emotion and expect to get a proper hold of it.  How many things have we all said in the heat of a moment of anger that we instantly wish we hadn't?

I could be wrong, but I think that a person who is master of their emotions is a long way on to being perfect.  

That's just me... 

Blessings

I'm so glad to be finally recognized :D

I didn't mean to leave anyone out, those were the two immediate posters I recollected who posted what I myself felt to respond with.  Sorry dear one :(

Oh now you have confused the head :blink:

Ah, you mean that you are perfect?  Sure....... 

Lol I thought you were being sarcastic about me agreeing specifically with Gary and Kwik.  

Never mind then, carry on :D

Lol I thought you were being sarcastic about me agreeing specifically with Gary and Kwik.  

Vindication of writ ...score!!!!

Edited by enoob57
oooops

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Vindication or writ ...score!!!!

Ummmm... excuse me.What is writ? :mellow:

old english for what has been written

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Ok now I see that.It can also pertain to some legal terminology.Thanks :)