IGNORED

WHERE DO YOU GO RIGHT NOW ,IF YOU WERE TO DIE ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Morning you believe in soul sleep as you can see from this it is not Biblical

Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer: 
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:521 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:432 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:1820:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist churchJehovah’s Witnesses,Christadelphians, and others.

http://www.gotquestions.org/soul-sleep.html

I don't know where you got that I believe in soul sleep  I quoted the Bible and said this:

"To me, this is the main passage, below.  Jesus is telling us that no one is in Heaven until He returns.  If he 'raises' the dead it makes sense.  As to whether the soul stays in the grave, the Bible isn't clear."

Jesus Christ said in John 3:13: “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.”

If a person believes that a soul does not got immediately to heaven and stays in the grave is a belief in soul sleep.The Bible is very clear that the soul does not stay in the grave.

Question: "Does John 3:13 mean that no one went to Heaven before Jesus?"

Answer: 
In John 3:13 Jesus says to Nicodemus, “No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven–the Son of Man.” This verse is somewhat difficult to interpret and is often misunderstood. It is also frequently used by those who want to find contradictions in the Bible. 

We must keep the verse in context. In verses 10-12, especially, we see that Jesus is talking about His authority and the validity of His teaching. Jesus tells Nicodemus that He has been teaching what He knew firsthand: “We speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen” (verse 11). Then, in verse 13 Jesus explains why He is uniquely qualified to teach of the kingdom of God—namely, because He alone came down from heaven and possesses the knowledge to teach people about heaven. Jesus alone has seen the Father, and He alone is qualified to declare God and make Him known (John 1:18).

The gist of John 3:13 is this: “None of your earthly teachers can really teach you about heaven, because none of them have actually been there. However, I have been there. In fact, it is My home. I have come to you from heaven, and I have brought with Me experiential knowledge of that place. My testimony carries weight; I can tell you the truth about salvation.” The NLT brings out the meaning well: “No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.”

In claiming a heavenly abode, Jesus was claiming deity. Nicodemus himself had already admitted that Jesus was extraordinary when he said, “We know you are a teacher who has come from God” (verse 2).

Jesus was not teaching that no one had ever gone to heaven before. Obviously, the Old Testament saints had gone to heaven (or paradise) when they died (Mark 12:26-27), and Enoch and Elijah had been taken there without dying (Genesis 5:24Hebrews 11:52 Kings 2:11). Rather, He was teaching that, of all rabbis, He had the best credentials. Jesus has direct contact with heaven; He is an expert on the subject.

http://www.gotquestions.org/John-3-13.html

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Answer: 
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:521 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:432 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:1820:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist churchJehovah’s Witnesses,Christadelphians, and others.

I don't know where you got that I believe in soul sleep  I quoted the Bible and said this:

"To me, this is the main passage, below.  Jesus is telling us that no one is in Heaven until He returns.  If he 'raises' the dead it makes sense.  As to whether the soul stays in the grave, the Bible isn't clear."

Jesus Christ said in John 3:13: “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.”

If a person believes that a soul does not got immediately to heaven and stays in the grave is a belief in soul sleep.The Bible is very clear that the soul does not stay in the grave.

Answer: 
In John 3:13 Jesus says to Nicodemus, “No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven–the Son of Man.” This verse is somewhat difficult to interpret and is often misunderstood. It is also frequently used by those who want to find contradictions in the Bible. 

We must keep the verse in context. In verses 10-12, especially, we see that Jesus is talking about His authority and the validity of His teaching. Jesus tells Nicodemus that He has been teaching what He knew firsthand: “We speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen” (verse 11). Then, in verse 13 Jesus explains why He is uniquely qualified to teach of the kingdom of God—namely, because He alone came down from heaven and possesses the knowledge to teach people about heaven. Jesus alone has seen the Father, and He alone is qualified to declare God and make Him known (John 1:18).

The gist of John 3:13 is this: “None of your earthly teachers can really teach you about heaven, because none of them have actually been there. However, I have been there. In fact, it is My home. I have come to you from heaven, and I have brought with Me experiential knowledge of that place. My testimony carries weight; I can tell you the truth about salvation.” The NLT brings out the meaning well: “No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.”

In claiming a heavenly abode, Jesus was claiming deity. Nicodemus himself had already admitted that Jesus was extraordinary when he said, “We know you are a teacher who has come from God” (verse 2).

Jesus was not teaching that no one had ever gone to heaven before. Obviously, the Old Testament saints had gone to heaven (or paradise) when they died (Mark 12:26-27), and Enoch and Elijah had been taken there without dying (Genesis 5:24Hebrews 11:52 Kings 2:11). Rather, He was teaching that, of all rabbis, He had the best credentials. Jesus has direct contact with heaven; He is an expert on the subject.

Please read my post again; especially the sentence i bolded.  I said very clearly that Scipture isn't clear on the subject.  I quoted Scripture and it is what it is.

Answer: 

Answer: 

Please read my post again; especially the sentence i bolded.  I said very clearly that Scipture isn't clear on the subject.  I quoted Scripture and it is what it is.

Got questions rebukes the John 3:13 claim.But I have said what I wanted to say.Life is full of choices.

where would you go if you were to die today, would you be with jesus , in hell , in the grave, or heaven

the bible tells us all go to the grave , unless you are here when the rapture comes, but all go to the grave, does our soul stay with us, or is it in heaven,

I hear love ones always say , he  or she is in a better place, this is said all the time,

from my study, and its just my opinion, that there is not a eternal hell, when you die you perish , and you are no more,

people claiming coming from death and saw hell, I don't think this is possible, was the meaning of hell ,fire forever and torment , biblical , or something made up by poet or something?

many churches and pastors are saying when you die you go immediately to heaven, with the lord, but this I read ,is not biblical .

If you die today, the body goes to the grave, but your spirit immediately goes to be with the Lord in heaven, or to hell to await the final judgment.  It is the body that sleeps in the ground, not your spirit. 

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.  2 Corinthians 5:8.

According to Jesus, hell is a real place that those who don't follow Jesus go there when they die. 

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off:  it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.  Mark 9:43,44.

When Jesus returns at the time of the second coming, our spirit will be reunited with our body, and it will be raised incorruptible.  You will have a glorified body, similar to the body Jesus had after he had risen from the grave. 

Got questions rebukes the John 3:13 claim.But I have said what I wanted to say.Life is full of choices.

Got Questions is just a website; they CAN'T rebuke Scripture.  Life IS full of choices; I rely on the Bible first, last and every time. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

where would you go if you were to die today, would you be with jesus , in hell , in the grave, or heaven

the bible tells us all go to the grave , unless you are here when the rapture comes, but all go to the grave, does our soul stay with us, or is it in heaven,

I hear love ones always say , he  or she is in a better place, this is said all the time,

from my study, and its just my opinion, that there is not a eternal hell, when you die you perish , and you are no more,

people claiming coming from death and saw hell, I don't think this is possible, was the meaning of hell ,fire forever and torment , biblical , or something made up by poet or something?

many churches and pastors are saying when you die you go immediately to heaven, with the lord, but this I read ,is not biblical .

How is being with Jesus different than being in heaven?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

Jesus is Gods messenger, the son of God, came preaching the Fathers will, its not about Jesus, but about who is able to enter in to the new Kingdom of God,

God gave all authority for Jesus to get everything under control and to seal the Sins of man to the cross, and to prepare the people to receive the salvation, by way  of the Holy  spirit and to bring the sword of the word to separate , the just ,from the unjust, the obedient , from the disobedient, 

by following Gods word and commandments, it is the kingdom , of our lord of lords and king of kings will rule over, and we will reign with him, in this kingdom, if we truly follow all that was told , by denying the self and doing as we were commanded, and jesus who prepared the way , by fulfilling the all the laws ,and  of the prophets, we have Gods agape, love, to invite the people that wish to seek Jesus ,into the presence of God, with out the repentance and surrender to God of our selves, we cannot enter, in,

for broad and wide is the way that leads to destruction and death,and many  will go there, But narrow is the way , for those, that find it , and only a few go through it, so you see, even though many claim and profess to be believers, many will not make it in , for there lamps are not filled with oil, for many will be locked out for they were foolish and did not fill them selves with the truth of the word and was ready

Jesus is calling but only a few will find him,who ever the father brings to him  if we deny any of the law and truths and think we are smart in our man made ways and logic, reguardless, of the O.T and the N.T and covenance,then we will not enter in to his rest, we will be foolish and be turned away,

so we pray to the father through the spirit , in Jesus name and do as we are commanded, and we will enter in to the kingdom of God prepared for those that take up there cross,

there is no other way and let the truth be told, when we die we are in the grave ,until Jesus calls us out, this is scriptural and fact,

so now is the time to prepare for our faith , and direction we will go.

Jesus is Gods messenger, the son of God, came preaching the Fathers will, its not about Jesus, but about who is able to enter in to the new Kingdom of God,

God gave all authority for Jesus to get everything under control and to seal the Sins of man to the cross, and to prepare the people to receive the salvation, by way  of the Holy  spirit and to bring the sword of the word to separate , the just ,from the unjust, the obedient , from the disobedient, 

by following Gods word and commandments, it is the kingdom , of our lord of lords and king of kings will rule over, and we will reign with him, in this kingdom, if we truly follow all that was told , by denying the self and doing as we were commanded, and jesus who prepared the way , by fulfilling the all the laws ,and  of the prophets, we have Gods agape, love, to invite the people that wish to seek Jesus ,into the presence of God, with out the repentance and surrender to God of our selves, we cannot enter, in,

for broad and wide is the way that leads to destruction and death,and many  will go there, But narrow is the way , for those, that find it , and only a few go through it, so you see, even though many claim and profess to be believers, many will not make it in , for there lamps are not filled with oil, for many will be locked out for they were foolish and did not fill them selves with the truth of the word and was ready

Jesus is calling but only a few will find him,who ever the father brings to him  if we deny any of the law and truths and think we are smart in our man made ways and logic, reguardless, of the O.T and the N.T and covenance,then we will not enter in to his rest, we will be foolish and be turned away,

so we pray to the father through the spirit , in Jesus name and do as we are commanded, and we will enter in to the kingdom of God prepared for those that take up there cross,

there is no other way and let the truth be told, when we die we are in the grave ,until Jesus calls us out, this is scriptural and fact,

Huh? scratch.gif Jesus is God.I can not see that you answered littleflower's question. 

Edited by bopeep1909

Jesus IS God, SS.  He is not a messenger for anyone. 

Being "with Jesus" doesn't mean someone is "in heaven" , anymore than it did for His disciples while He was still walking on earth teaching them all the Father gave Him to teach them ---- a lot of those "with Him" for some time left Him when His "Words got too hard to bear" for them ... ...  

Jesus is with each and everyone of us on this earth.When a born again believer dies the Bible says we are immediately with the Lord.When Jesus was on the cross and the two thieves were on either side of Him He told the one thief "Today you will be with me in paradise".He did not say "I will see you later".

Edited by bopeep1909