IGNORED

What really separates christians and denominations ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,420
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

Religion.

Not according to this
Jas 1:25-27
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer,
but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious,
and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and
undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep
himself unspotted from the world.
KJV

False religion yes but not religion itself in its pure form!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Not which, all of them take something of the Gospel and make it their own, but woe to those who do not accept God's Word in totality.  You may even find that many do accept God's Word wholly, but do not present it in the proper way.  We need the truth, but it must be given in love.  The people who do get it right may associate themselves with a particular denomination, and you will find them in each camp, and some of those who are purposefully non-denominational may find that they themselves are in error concerning what they accept, what they reject, and how they go about making that decision.

It's all about receiving true revelation of God's word and building our lives on that strong foundation.  If we all agree with Him, how can we disagree with one another?

Most posting here are degrading doctrine as a divider of The Body of Christ... it is not true but that
sound doctrine is formed from God's Word and Spirit within an individual and is the determining
factor of which communication flows to and from God and unites the Body of Christ in way, truth
and life here in this place! People the only objective format we have is Scripture and out of it come
the understanding necessary for life... it is written in the wisdom
Pr 4:23-27
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
KJV
Ps 119:105-107
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
107 I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O Lord, according unto thy word.
KJV

It is fact that Christ has combined unto Himself 'The Living Word' and The Written Word by this
Jn 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh
unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

So you cannot cease form His established Word and His living presence as this is the path He
has given us to lead us to Himself in the eternal glory of His Worship... Love, Steven

13 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

So, which of the religious denominations is religion in it's purist form?

That which written in Word and is found living in life... the only light we have here in this darkness is His Word and in it
we will find the pathway He Himself (Jesus) walked! Love, Steven

13 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Not which, all of them take something of the Gospel and make it their own, but woe to those who do not accept God's Word in totality.  You may even find that many do accept God's Word wholly, but do not present it in the proper way.  We need the truth, but it must be given in love.  The people who do get it right may associate themselves with a particular denomination, and you will find them in each camp, and some of those who are purposefully non-denominational may find that they themselves are in error concerning what they accept, what they reject, and how they go about making that decision.

It's all about receiving true revelation of God's word and building our lives on that strong foundation.  If we all agree with Him, how can we disagree with one another?

It is truth and even the more
Jn 16:13-15
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself;
but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for
he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I,
that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
KJV

What amazes me is that anyone who believes we will find excuse with God when we are found in error by the
willfulness of our own minds... for we have Him Who is given to deliver us from such!  Love, Steven

It is sad for me that we do have denominations, because it shows me division, and a divided house cannot stand.  Only those who build their house on the Rock as it is divinely revealed by the Spirit of Life shall weather the storm, not those who rely on fleshly interpretation of the letter.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

9 hours ago, other one said:

There are lots of reasons for denominations....    after you have been here for a few years, you see where 4 people read the same chapter in three different translations and come up with 5 things that the scripture says;.......     and I say five because someone usually changes thier mind during a long discussion.     The Bible is a very large and complex book and it's not always easy to make all the pieces fit together and not have conflicts between things....     differences show up in which parts of the Bible we each stress at the expense of other parts.  Then there is the translation problems where it's really difficult to find English words that mean the same thing as the Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew writing.    And from my personal view, people put different parts of the Bible together that don't belong so I can't go along with thier thoughts...     Most denominations do have a core belief that holds Christianity together as a whole though.....  

Thank you for that  Otherone, that was a great and interesting observation, I agree, with that.

9 hours ago, other one said:

There are lots of reasons for denominations....    after you have been here for a few years, you see where 4 people read the same chapter in three different translations and come up with 5 things that the scripture says;.......     and I say five because someone usually changes thier mind during a long discussion.     The Bible is a very large and complex book and it's not always easy to make all the pieces fit together and not have conflicts between things....     differences show up in which parts of the Bible we each stress at the expense of other parts.  Then there is the translation problems where it's really difficult to find English words that mean the same thing as the Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew writing.    And from my personal view, people put different parts of the Bible together that don't belong so I can't go along with thier thoughts...     Most denominations do have a core belief that holds Christianity together as a whole though.....  

I say crucify the flesh (including its interpretation) and be led of the Spirit of God, and we eliminate the problem.