IGNORED

What really separates christians and denominations ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I have been a Christian for a very long time, and we have other Christian denominations , and branches ,

but what really keeps us all from coming to a agreement , and being of one Christian belief,

if we are all calling our selves Christians , and we have non denomination, and calvary , and Lutheran , and Calvinist, and Methodist,

new movement Pentecost ,and seven day ,

what is it, that is separating our differences,  how can we all believe in the same God of the bible , follow Jesus and still not get along,

we follow God and Jesus the son of God, so what makes a real difference here, is it the way we interpret the bible, or we just don't want to agree with other ideas,

if the bible is  a instruction book on the Christian life ,and jewish ways jews and gentiles , then how does this become a stumbling block ?

the bible tells us Jesus is the way and the only way , ,does not everyone in the group I mentioned all follow the same ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Study the Parables the Kingdom --  of the Sower, the Wheat and Tares, the Woman with the Leaven, and the dragnet which brought up Good Fish and Bad Fish. There are different kinds of soil, different kinds of seed, different kinds of fish, different kinds of servants, and different kinds of stewards.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Good day,, brother SRSD

In the USA we have states with their own governments, each state has subdivisions and they have municipalities with their own by-laws, and all of them have the federal government.. Thats the way it has to be, to meet the specifics needs of the diverse population. 

We like to have our own Mayors, and our own counselors and we like to contribute financially for the support of our own municipality. 

They arer municipalities which restrict exotic pets, others they have a restricted list. In some municipalities they have restrictions on domestic animals kept in their backyards

But they allowed to keep domestic animals as pets, you may have a duck as a pet, and there are some special breeds of pigs that are allowed to be kept as pets, but not allowed to be use for consumption

So there is diversity and that's why we must have what you have seen, even at the very ancient times in all cultures and at the time of Paul, please let us be deferent, and try to understand us they way Jesus did, when he said to the disciples, go and tell everyone about the good news. Even if you don't like the way they are dressing or the way they are speaking or their customs, and how they make their living. He said don't stereotype them too much, and don't called them Christians, only called them my children, they are redeemed with my blood and for that matter the children of God, because God has given them of his Spirit and they are one with me and with Him, we are all one. 

There is no conflict in the heavens, but we must have conflict between us while we are here on earth. We are all diferent, we agree on something and we disagree on something else, till the time that we come to an agreement in the meantime we have disagree in what we  had agree before. 

Live in peace with one another. 

God bless

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

We are being seperated by every wind of doctrines that come down the pike.  Our unity is not in doctrines as there will always be differences in doctrine.  The churches unity comes from knowing who Jesus Christ is and coming to the knowledge of him.   That is what we all should have in common and what makes us come together in this unity and not doctrine (Ephesians 4).

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Openly Curious said:

We are being seperated by every wind of doctrines that come down the pike.  Our unity is not in doctrines as there will always be differences in doctrine.  The churches unity comes from knowing who Jesus Christ is and coming to the knowledge of him.   That is what we all should have in common and what makes us come together in this unity and not doctrine (Ephesians 4).

that's interesting, Curious.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Ones' denomination doesn't matter as long as the basic principle is followed; Jesus was born of a virgin, preached the gospel, was crucified and died on the Cross to pay for the sins of the whole world, was buried, rose on the third day and ascended into Heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father as the Savior for us all ,  He will come again to rid the world of evil and establish His everlasting Kingdom.  Everything else is doctrine and varies. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I have been a Christian for a very long time, and we have other Christian denominations , and branches ,

but what really keeps us all from coming to a agreement , and being of one Christian belief,

if we are all calling our selves Christians , and we have non denomination, and calvary , and Lutheran , and Calvinist, and Methodist,

new movement Pentecost ,and seven day ,

what is it, that is separating our differences,  how can we all believe in the same God of the bible , follow Jesus and still not get along,

we follow God and Jesus the son of God, so what makes a real difference here, is it the way we interpret the bible, or we just don't want to agree with other ideas,

if the bible is  a instruction book on the Christian life ,and jewish ways jews and gentiles , then how does this become a stumbling block ?

the bible tells us Jesus is the way and the only way , ,does not everyone in the group I mentioned all follow the same ?

There are lots of reasons for denominations....    after you have been here for a few years, you see where 4 people read the same chapter in three different translations and come up with 5 things that the scripture says;.......     and I say five because someone usually changes thier mind during a long discussion.     The Bible is a very large and complex book and it's not always easy to make all the pieces fit together and not have conflicts between things....     differences show up in which parts of the Bible we each stress at the expense of other parts.  Then there is the translation problems where it's really difficult to find English words that mean the same thing as the Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew writing.    And from my personal view, people put different parts of the Bible together that don't belong so I can't go along with thier thoughts...     Most denominations do have a core belief that holds Christianity together as a whole though.....  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Pride.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

"What really separates Christians and denominations?"

Any love for sin and my hatred of Gods ways which be in Christ.

If I am of God then I am in agreement and love another but if I am of Sin and deceiving myself about what salvation is then I hate others.

James said it well.  From where come wars and fightings among you?  The lust in our hearts.  Our evil desires.

If I really follow Christs example and condescended as he did then where could fighting be?  No room for fighting amongst people if I be dead to Sin and selfish desire.

The bottom line I have seen is that the worst offender is the pride of life where I want to be somebody.  Ego deflation is my only hope.  To learn to love my neighbor as myself.

If I am driven by fear then doctrines, laws and the tradition of men keep me separtated from others through sin though I claim Christ.  If driven by love then I become unified with those who also love.

Peace.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I think that its the 'interpretation' of God's Word.  Remember, the letter killeth, but the Spirit gives life.  God's Word should bring us into agreement with Himself, and therefore with one other.  But because of the disobedience and deception of the fleshly interpretations of God's Word, we cling on to our own opinions instead of God's true revelation of His Word. 

Think about it, God doesn't argue with Himself about He means with each verse, chapter book.  That should tell us that we do not have all the revelation we need in order to come into agreement, and as long as we are not willing to prayerfully seek out the other pieces of the puzzle that His other vessels contain in the light of the Holy Spirit, then we will never agree.  Test everything, hold on to the good!

All because we need to accept everything God says, not 50%, and not 99.99999999999%.  But because people are scared of the Holy Spirit, or don't like the fact that they have to CRUCIFY their flesh, or whatever their fleshly issue may be, these are the things that attract like-minded people, and it's the flesh, not God's Word, that is being accommodated by their agreement.  Thus a new denomination is born...

Who are those who are going to meet Him in the air?  Those who shall see Him and shall know Him, for they shall be like Him!  100%, even 100000% agreement with Him!  Allowing Him to work Himself out in our lives.  

I don't like the word 'interpretation' when it comes to God and His Word.  I pray for His revelation alone.